Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Old Jan 26, 2010, 6:04 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
I thank EVERYONE who's posted here. What I find is that no matter how innocuous a post may seem, something interesting or useful can often be found. The NFAF deal has been great, and Canuck was wonderful to start the thread. Nyx and Edmonton have been very helpful, with their insiders' views.

I have used the code a number of times now (of my 17 stays last year, I'm guessing at least 6 or 7 were NFAFs). Never was I asked who I knew. If entering the right booker code happens to benefit someone who's helped me, as a friend would, why not?

I certainly hope the NFAF continues beyond March. But either way, I'll be sure to get my 10 stays in to keep the PLT status.

Thanks everyone!
Old Jan 26, 2010, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by choptliva
But either way, I'll be sure to get my 10 stays in to keep the PLT status.
This promotion has worked then. Before this promotion, I stayed at Fairmonts on occasion. With this promotion, I joined the President's Club and used NFAF to make Platinum last year. I intend to maintain that this year. So this promotion has spurred spending and travel tht would have otherwise gone to other hotels.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 7:07 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Agree with the above posters as well. This promo has been good for everyone! Filling hotel rooms, spurring loyalty, providing exposure, and rewarding employees.

Bravo Fairmont! ^
Old Jan 26, 2010, 8:58 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
I think Fairmont has succeeded in what they have been trying to accomplish with this promotion. Lets hope they extend it once again!
Old Jan 26, 2010, 9:46 pm

Programs: united premier exec fairmont premier
I appreciate the efforts of the employee who brought to our attention the value of the NFAF rate!! any compensation or reward he may receive is much deserved, thanks again
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
Agree with the above posters as well. This promo has been good for everyone! Filling hotel rooms, spurring loyalty, providing exposure, and rewarding employees.

Bravo Fairmont! ^
And it could be added that the exposure the promo has had within FT has been a tremendous boost as many here weren't overly familiar with the brand and have gotten to try it and like it. Would they return after the promo ends who knows but a 'maybe' is surely a better answer than a 'not likely' or definate 'no'.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 8:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tcook052
And it could be added that the exposure the promo has had within FT has been a tremendous boost as many here weren't overly familiar with the brand and have gotten to try it and like it. Would they return after the promo ends who knows but a 'maybe' is surely a better answer than a 'not likely' or definate 'no'.
I'm glad to hear that alot of people are bringing business to the Fairmont as a result of the forum. I'm sure that is why Fairmont has been letting the threads run freely, and now they even took the booker ID requirement off the internet so that more people can use it.

With more people using it, I've noticed that some hotels are upping the prices slowly but surely with F&F. Fairmont is smart too.. they run a business, and their main concern is making money. So if this is creating loyalty, business, and everything that means increasing the bottom line, then Fairmont will continue F&F.

Having said the above.. beware, F&F isn't always the lowest rate at every Fairmont hotel. For example, Banff Springs has a 2 for 1 right now that over two nights would be $10 cheaper than F&F. In addition, their packages are alot of times lower as well. For example, Escape to Willowstream is $449 a night, but includes 2 massages (regular $235 each with tax & gratuity), breakfast (regular $60), parking, and room. Add it all together, much better than the F&F rate with parking, breakfast, room, etc. we will all need to shell out for anyway. In addition, I've noticed that the Orchid on April 5th advanced purchase is $24 less per night than the F&F rate. So beware, F&F is not necessarily the best deal that each hotel is offering. I would check out Fairmont.com, click destinations, and check out each hotel package and reverse calculated based on your needs.

Ask for Entertainment rates, AAA, etc. Different hotels i.e. Edmonton, for some reason still offer Entertainment. Still hit every angle, and don't worry about Fairmont.. they are the winners here.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro

With more people using it, I've noticed that some hotels are upping the prices slowly but surely with F&F. Fairmont is smart too.. they run a business, and their main concern is making money. So if this is creating loyalty, business, and everything that means increasing the bottom line, then Fairmont will continue F&F.

Having said the above.. beware, F&F isn't always the lowest rate at every Fairmont hotel.

Ask for Entertainment rates, AAA, etc. Different hotels i.e. Edmonton, for some reason still offer Entertainment. Still hit every angle, and don't worry about Fairmont.. they are the winners here.
I agree. Lately I have seen some deals that trump the F+F deals. EG. CAA rate at JPL vs. F+F Rate.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I agree. Lately I have seen some deals that trump the F+F deals. EG. CAA rate at JPL vs. F+F Rate.
Speaking of JPL.. I noticed that F&F didn't offer Lakeside Jr. or Lakefront Suites; only Fairmont Rooms. Great Rates Great Dates (FPC members) which is offered the first week of every month offered a lower rate than F&F about $50 per night, and to boot if you wanted to pay more, get the Lakeside Jr. or Lakefront for a little bit more than F&F Fairmont Rooms.

A sidenote.. Great Rates Great Dates is entire stay prepaid.. can't use suite upgrades or room upgrade certs.. so if you want to use a suite upgrade, best deal is F&F Fairmont, but you can only upgrade to Mountain View Jr. guaranteed.. so no lakeview anything offered guaranteed.. unless contact JPL General Manager on twitter to get guarantee upgrade before check-in.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 10:53 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat
I've used this rate at the Fairmonts in Boston, Newport Beach, Mont-Tremblant and Singapore. The only time I got a better rate was with advanced purchase in Montreal.

I also used this at Raffles L'Ermitage (Beverly Hills) and Raffles Singapore.

Another thank you here.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 12:57 pm

Programs: ROP Gold
Originally Posted by Bogwoppit
Why wouldn't you want to reward the Farimont staff? We are all struggling through tough economic times.
I absolutely agree.

Think about how much money we have saved from this deal from an insider information that costs us nothing.

I think it is not unreasonable that nyx.t2t earn a small commission from this.

See it as a small token of appreciation.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by anaidross
I absolutely agree.

Think about how much money we have saved from this deal from an insider information that costs us nothing.

I think it is not unreasonable that nyx.t2t earn a small commission from this.

See it as a small token of appreciation.
This issue has been beaten to death.

Simple fact is, the OFFICIAL Fairmont policy is that you need a Booker ID.

Let's drop this issue. If you want to use it, do it. If not, your choice/risk (sure would suck to be the one person that gets denied at checkin).
Old Feb 1, 2010, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium

Let's drop this issue. If you want to use it, do it. If not, your choice/risk (sure would suck to be the one person that gets denied at checkin).
^ :-:
Old Feb 1, 2010, 2:52 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat

We'll drop it, but CONFIRMED RESERVATION means CONFIRMED.

You won't be denied check-in.

You don't need the code. I use one. Others don't. It's up to the consumer.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 8:12 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Just wanted to reiterate how grateful I am for this thread and the help I've had from nyx.t2t.
Smart business for Fairmont, too. They'd pretty much fallen off my radar screen after a less-than-ideal stay at Lake Louise some years ago. Now I'm all set to make a run for Platinum.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.