Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Old Nov 26, 2009, 4:58 pm

Cool happy thanksgiving...USA

Excited that this promo is until March!...then reality hit: no properties in Sydney and Auckland. -thankful that I can travel. Lots to be thankful for. Wishing all a good holiday season.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 5:17 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
That's awesome! I assume you entered your Miles info anyway and got lucky even though they aren't supposed to give miles through F&F rates. I was expecting to hear someone get lucky with this and have this happen. Glad to hear it was you!

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Well this mistake sure did make me happy on my last NFAF rate

FAIRMONT 2009 500 BONUS MILES -- 500 --
FAIRMONT HOTELS AND RESORTSFAIRMONT HOTELS -- 500 --
FAIRMONT PREMIER BONUSFAIRMONT HOTELS -- 250 --
Old Nov 27, 2009, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
We had a one night stay at the Copley Plaza in Boston a couple of weeks ago using the NFAF rate. The rooms and service were great, and were tremendous value at that rate. Yet another way I could demonstrate to my spouse that FT isn't a complete waste of time.

We had two rooms and I got credited for two stays in the President's Club. That was a nice surprise -- I'm used to getting only one stay credit with Hilton for multiple rooms. This was my first stay in a Fairmont and unfortunately probably won't have another chance before year-end to get the other three stay credits to get to Premier.

Will cross my fingers on the AA miles, although they aren't a big deal.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by mister__big
FYI, I tried booking the Fairmont Whistler on Dec 19 and it doesn't let me book that date using the F&F rate. At the full price (starting from over CAD400), it hardly seems worth it.
When I was looking at staying at Whistler, I also looked at Dec. 17-19, and they did not have any avail. NFAF rates, so I went with the week prior.
I also read an article yesterday,(local Whistler newsletter) in which they quoted the Fairmont Hotel Mgr as not being happy with current booking trends ahead of the Olympics. Apparently bkgs are down 12% at this time from last year. Overall Whistler village hotel bkgs are down 30% this year fm 2winters ago.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 12:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
My bold:

Originally Posted by toadman
I also read an article yesterday,(local Whistler newsletter) in which they quoted the Fairmont Hotel Mgr as not being happy with current booking trends ahead of the Olympics. Apparently bkgs are down 12% at this time from last year. Overall Whistler village hotel bkgs are down 30% this year fm 2winters ago.
I'd be more surprised if those numbers weren't the same for most hotels never mind luxury ones in Whistler.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by tcook052

I'd be more surprised if those numbers weren't the same for most hotels never mind luxury ones in Whistler.
I'm surprised that Westin Whistler isn't trying harder! Quote is dated Nov.26th

As recently as last week, the Westin Resort and Spa in Whistler has seen occupancy as low as 10 per cent. Westin Operations Director Bruce Beatty says they're working to market against the aversion effect.
I would think that Fairmont Whistler might have some really good rates leading up to and after the Olympics. Might just have to go back up in 2010 if the snow and rates are good.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I'm surprised that Westin Whistler isn't trying harder! Quote is dated Nov.26th
Quote? What quote? Care to share the article so we can equally be as informed.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
Quote? What quote? Care to share the article so we can equally be as informed.
Sorry, for confusion. Here's the link...

Olympic Avoidance Effect – Tourism Tanks in Whistler & Vancouver

And here's the second link quoting the Fairmont Whistler Hotel Mgr...

Fairmont Whistler

Last edited by toadman; Dec 3, 2009 at 4:49 pm Reason: Added 2nd link
Old Dec 3, 2009, 6:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Sorry, for confusion. Here's the link...

Olympic Avoidance Effect – Tourism Tanks in Whistler & Vancouver

[/url]
The article reminds me of the Summer Olympics in LA in 1984. There was such hype about how much worse (than normal) LA traffic would be during the Olympics, etc, that non-Olympic related tourism suffered steep declines that summer. It was reported you could shoot a cannon through Disneyland it was so dead....
Old Dec 4, 2009, 12:41 pm

Thanks to FT and

nyx.t2t

I just used the FAF code to secure a great deal at the Fairmont Whistler.

A friend and I had been looking for accommodations in Whistler for NYE and the surrounding 5 days. We were becoming increasingly frustrated with over priced "dumps" on the outskirts of the village

Then I found this thread. We got approx 70% off rack rate which comes out to less than any 2* accommodations you can find in the village 12/29-1/3.

As a longtime lurker and noobie poster, I just have to say thanks. ^

This week alone I have benefited twice from the knowledge of Flyertalk and its members. I hope I can be of help in the future!
Old Dec 4, 2009, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by jonnyz1245
nyx.t2t

I just used the FAF code to secure a great deal at the Fairmont Whistler.

A friend and I had been looking for accommodations in Whistler for NYE and the surrounding 5 days. We were becoming increasingly frustrated with over priced "dumps" on the outskirts of the village

Then I found this thread. We got approx 70% off rack rate which comes out to less than any 2* accommodations you can find in the village 12/29-1/3.

As a longtime lurker and noobie poster, I just have to say thanks. ^

This week alone I have benefited twice from the knowledge of Flyertalk and its members. I hope I can be of help in the future!
Nice score, I've spent a NYE in the Mallard Lounge at the Chateau and it was one of the best parties ever... I didn't make it back to my room after leaving but took an hour nap under a christmas tree in the lobby and then my friends found me....

Anyways I was about to book this too but when I was about to confirm I noticed you can't cancel, which I understand so I didn't commit. Either way anything else in Whistler has this condition too during NYE
Old Dec 9, 2009, 10:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Many thanks to nyx.t2t for the NFAF deal at the Fairmont Banff Springs and Vancouver Airport - both lovely stays and great value.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 11:32 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Booker id ?

This thread is great, I'm using it next Saturday 12/19 for the Fairmont SF, when I made the reservation all I needed to do was enter in the NFAF code and not a booker ID to reserve. Am I going to have an issue at check in? BTW this rate didn't require a deposit, so no CC was entered.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 11:55 am

you need a book ID. you enter it the same page you would your credit card. you need to put your credit card in as well....but they do not charge a deposit. rebook room.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 3:25 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by kell113
you need a book ID. you enter it the same page you would your credit card. you need to put your credit card in as well....but they do not charge a deposit. rebook room.
I will do that, thanks. Any idea why I didn't get an error message when I made the reservations?

Thanx

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.