Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2009, 10:28 pm

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
Probably just means they don't have anything left under the NFAF rates for that date. I would keep checking as sometimes as the dates get closer, they open more rooms up for this promotion... or some people may cancel.
Normally I'd do that, but unfortunately I can't take the chance this time since I have plans and can't afford to risk not getting a room on the 19th. So I had to
book at the Delta Whistler indeed. I got a decent price but I would definitely much rather stay at the Fairmont!
Old Nov 17, 2009, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by mister__big
Normally I'd do that, but unfortunately I can't take the chance this time since I have plans and can't afford to risk not getting a room on the 19th. So I had to
book at the Delta Whistler indeed. I got a decent price but I would definitely much rather stay at the Fairmont!
It's Xmas, and they have been getting DUMPED on with snow. I am sure their capacity is high enough at that time that they do not need to offer NFAF. Banff and Louise dont have much availability around xmas/new years either.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 5:19 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Well assuming Delta Whistler has a good cancellation policy, it doesn't hurt to keep trying until the last day you are allowed to cancel with Delta.

Originally Posted by mister__big
Old Nov 20, 2009, 11:31 am

Any chance they will extend this thru summer of next year??? I want to stay @ fairmont in Santa Monica again in June? I can only hope!!
Old Nov 20, 2009, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by jemelton
Any chance they will extend this thru summer of next year??? I want to stay @ fairmont in Santa Monica again in June? I can only hope!!
That's a little too far away to say. I hope so too!
Old Nov 20, 2009, 1:18 pm

Programs: US Airways, Avis, British Airways
Just successfully completed a stay, utilizing this promotional discount at a rate of GBPXXX/night for 4 rooms x 2 nights, at the Swissotel "The Howard" in London. As a result, saved thousands of dollars for the duration of stay. Great deal! Great hotel!

Last edited by DesertChildAZ; Nov 20, 2009 at 2:41 pm
Old Nov 20, 2009, 1:20 pm

Glad you had a successful stay at a Swissotel but please do not make any future reservations at Swiss or Raffles hotels. This is a big NO NO according to Corporate office. Also, please remove the rates! This is also not allowed. Thanks!

Originally Posted by DesertChildAZ
Just successfully completed a stay, utilizing this promotional discount at a rate of GBPXXX/night for 4 rooms x 2 nights, at the Swissotel "The Howard" in London. As a result, saved GBPXXXX (or US$XXXX) for the duration of stay. Great deal! Great hotel!
Old Nov 20, 2009, 2:43 pm

Glad you had a successful stay at a Swissotel but please do not make any future reservations at Swiss or Raffles hotels. This is a big NO NO according to Corporate office. Also, please remove the rates! This is also not allowed. Thanks!
This is news to me. I asked early on if this rate could be used at Swiss or Raffles Hotels and was assured more than once that this was not a problem. And they honored it without question though they did ask for the identity of the friend who told me about the promotion (I provided this...and the person was not someone here...just someone I know who works in a Canada Fairmont). When did this change?
Old Nov 20, 2009, 2:50 pm

Well if you use the NFAF code everything SHOULD look fine. No one has problems with that part. Everyone's mostly worried about the booker ID number and if the special rates will be honored at check-in if no booker ID was entered.

nyx.t2t - I just went back through the thread and found this. You did seem quite concerned that people would show up at non-Fairmont hotels and not have their NFAF rate honored. However, I'm living proof that the Swissotel in London did honor the NFAF rate. I also booked mine well outside of 3 months prior to my stay.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 3:02 pm

Parking at Fairmont Queen Elizabeth Montreal?

Anyone know what the parking situation is at this location? The website indicates valet parking at $26 per night, but I'm looking for self-park with in and out privileges. Does the hotel offer this and what's the rate?

Thanks in advance for any info!
Old Nov 20, 2009, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by chantl01
Anyone know what the parking situation is at this location? The website indicates valet parking at $26 per night, but I'm looking for self-park with in and out privileges. Does the hotel offer this and what's the rate?

Thanks in advance for any info!
We just stayed there this past August. You pull under the hotel to the garage level entrance and valet parks the car for you. You have full in and out.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 8:32 pm

Actually this particular promotion was ALWAYS only Fairmont hotels and Resorts. A few people decided to try it on Raffles and Swiss and for some reason were getting special rates with the NFAF. A few of the hotels were honoring it anyway but there are some that aren't very happy about it. I personally got a warning letter about advertising this as a promotion for Swiss and Raffles. I do not recommend it and refuse to share my code or information to people who want to book at those other two chains.

This is news to me. I asked early on if this rate could be used at Swiss or Raffles Hotels and was assured more than once that this was not a problem. And they honored it without question though they did ask for the identity of the friend who told me about the promotion (I provided this...and the person was not someone here...just someone I know who works in a Canada Fairmont). When did this change?
Old Nov 20, 2009, 8:35 pm

I am not doubting that a few hotels are honoring it but this promotion was never intended for those properties and there are a few hotels that aren't too happy about this. The Family and Friends rates have always been available at the other few chains but like always, an employee of Fairmont, Swiss or Raffles has to make the reservation for you through myfairmont.com. I am still confused myself as to why the NFAF code gives you special rates but like I said, this was never advertised with this promotion.

nyx.t2t - I just went back through the thread and found this. You did seem quite concerned that people would show up at non-Fairmont hotels and not have their NFAF rate honored. However, I'm living proof that the Swissotel in London did honor the NFAF rate. I also booked mine well outside of 3 months prior to my stay.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 12:56 am

I would like to extend my thanks to nyx.t2t, just completed a stay in Singapore with the NFAF price. Great deal =)
Old Nov 26, 2009, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Well this mistake sure did make me happy on my last NFAF rate

FAIRMONT 2009 500 BONUS MILES -- 500 --
FAIRMONT HOTELS AND RESORTSFAIRMONT HOTELS -- 500 --
FAIRMONT PREMIER BONUSFAIRMONT HOTELS -- 250 --

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.