Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Codes and Promos

Las Vegas Codes and Promos

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 27, 19, 11:13 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: trajanc
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 28, 19, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Neil791 View Post
Nice to see someone who 'gets it' and isn't stuck in the deluded mindset that a 5* property in Vegas is going to give away deeply discounted rates to the general public. Comparing an error or mistake rate to a comp'd rate is like comparing apples and pineapples for the reasons mentioned.....someone who's spent a large sum with a chain of properties is more likely to get a comp or deeply discounted rate than anyone booking on a publicly open platform and if you can find Bellagio, Venetian, Wynn, etc for $50 per night at any time of the year you can almost guarantee its a mistake...
The flip side is that when consumers donít get outraged by a hotel reneging on a rate, mistake or otherwise, the hotels learn they can reneg at will and not have to worry about honouring their prices or making concessions.
Every time one of these mistake rates is corrected you get finger waggers dissing anyone who is aggrieved and couching it as good advice. And you get upset people who think the original offer should mean something. If you get enough upset people sometimes it causes the company to rethink. I donít see much value from the finger waggers.
Old Jun 28, 19, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got free nights many moons ago @ Venetian via IHG BRG.
Still had to pay the resort fee.
Not worth much more.
Old Jun 30, 19, 6:19 am

Programs: BA, JAL
Deleted

Last edited by RollAnotherFatOne; Jun 30, 19 at 7:25 am Reason: No benefit to post
Old Jul 9, 19, 5:52 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, SW CP, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Executive, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by knauerj View Post
Did you email Hyatt? I was writing my email now claiming that this is unacceptable because I already made travel plans to the area. I'm not sure if I should ask for anything in return or if that is pushing my luck.
I reached out to the email address provided but they have been instructed to honor one of the reservations and cancel all others. I was told to contact Hyatt directly which I have and will share the response when received.