Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] LastMinuteTravel.com Offers 15,000 Hotels for $1 Per Night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] LastMinuteTravel.com Offers 15,000 Hotels for $1 Per Night

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2009, 6:25 pm

I called their customer service number and spoke with Megan, she didn't have them and asked me to call back tomorrow morning when a manger would be in.

Originally Posted by crd3000
Hello all,

There's now a link on their $1 promotion page (http://www.lastminutetravel.com/world-for-a-dollar.aspx)
to some more Terms and Conditions!!
Enjoy reading the terms & conditions? read them all here
But when you click the 'read them all here', it opens up an error page!
If anyone is able to see these T&C's could they please post the details here!!?

Thanks in advance,
Caroline
Old Jan 18, 2009, 6:39 am

I'm from the UK and I was wondering if I'm eligible for this when it all kicks in as I got this E-mail too...

I’ve been around the world – a JetSetter of sorts – and I’m here to spill my Last Minute Travel secrets. I’ve been told I’m a know-it-all, so, ready or not, here come all my travel tips, like how to get a deal and when to look for a steal!

Don’t worry, I’ll watch for the Last Minute deals and keep you posted! Until next time!
Old Jan 18, 2009, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by phillai
I'm from the UK and I was wondering if I'm eligible for this when it all kicks in [/I]
Hi, I am too, was wondering this myself, found a link to the Terms and Conditions but the link produced an error page.
Now it's back up.... and It says...

The World For A Dollar Campaign, (the "Campaign") on lastminutetravel.com (the "Site") is open only to legal residents of the fifty
(50) United States

http://www.lastminutetravel.com/worl...dollar-TC.aspx

Oh well, we'll have to wait for the next great offer
At least I can relax now and not have to wait for the 'hints'!!

Cheers,
Caroline
Old Jan 18, 2009, 7:25 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Terms & Conditions

For those who want to see them all.

The World For A Dollar Terms and Conditions (the "Dollar Terms")

1. Eligibility to Participate in The World For A Dollar Campaign

* The World For A Dollar Campaign, (the "Campaign") on lastminutetravel.com (the "Site") is open only to legal residents of the fifty
(50) United States (including District of Columbia) who have reached the age of majority in their respective jurisdiction at the time of participation and who are registered on the Site, lastminutetravel.com (the "Traveler").
* The Campaign is void in Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law.
* Employees of Travel Holdings Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries (aggregately, the "Company"), or other companies associated with the Campaign, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members (people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year) of each such employee are not eligible to participate and/or make reservations and purchases through the Campaign.
* Participation constitutes the Traveler's unconditional agreement to the Dollar Terms. Traveler must fulfill all requirements set forth in these Terms to be eligible to participate. The Dollar Terms are final and binding in all matters related to the Campaign. The Campaign does not constitute a prize, lottery, or sweepstakes.
* The Campaign shall be administered by the Company. The Company reserves the right to cancel the Campaign without notice at any time and for any reason.

2. Timing of the The World For A Dollar Campaign

* The Campaign shall be defined as the following: an individual fifteen (15) minute period during a Booking Period in which a Traveler is able to make a Dollar Booking.
* The Campaign may be held one or more times, in the discretion of the Company, during any Monday through Friday, inclusive, for a fifteen (15) minute interval on the date(s) and at the time(s) designated by the Company (each a "Booking Period")
* The Traveler must complete his/her booking within a single Campaign during a Booking Period. Completion of a booking is defined as the following: choosing and reserving one (1) hotel room for up to seven (7) nights on the Site; providing valid credit card payment information as required by the Site; approving and acknowledging a full and complete understanding of the Dollar Terms, the General Terms and Conditions on the Site (the "General Terms") and the Privacy Policy on the Site; and receipt by Traveler via the Site of a voucher confirmation for the paid booking (the "Dollar Booking").
* The Company's computer is the official time keeping device for this Campaign.

3. How to Participate in The World For A Dollar Campaign

* During the Booking Period, visit the Site, www.lastminutetravel.com
* If you have not already registered as a user on the Site, you must register to be eligible to be a Traveler. There is no fee for registration or use of the Site. You may only make one Dollar Booking during any given Campaign and Booking Period. A Booking Period may begin and end on any day during Monday through Friday inclusive (typical work week). For example, if you book a Dollar Booking on a Monday and a Wednesday during the same week, the Company shall void all of your bookings.
* You can book only one (1) room for a maximum of seven (7) nights in order to create a valid Dollar Booking.
* You must complete the booking online and without phone assistance.
* You must pay One U.S. Dollar for each night booked via the Dollar Booking plus any additional fees associated with the booking including, but not limited to, taxes, resort fees, baggage fees, and supplemental fees imposed by the hotel.
* Payment must be made online with a valid credit card in the name of the traveler. No third party credit cards will be accepted.
* All payments for Dollar Bookings are nonrefundable. All Dollar Bookings are nontransferable and non-exchangeable.
* You must review and comply with each and every requirement in the Terms including, but not limited to, eligibility, timing, and participation rules.
* Your participation in The World For A Dollar Campaign is subject to the General Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy of the Site in addition to these Terms. In case of any conflict between the The World For A Dollar terms and the General Terms, The World For A Dollar terms shall apply.

3. The World For A Dollar Campaign Prohibited Acts and Rights of the Company

* Company may void any Dollar Booking made by any Traveler who attempts to obtain more than one Dollar Booking during a Campaign and/or Booking Period by any means including using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods.
* Company may void any Dollar Booking made by any Traveler who uses any automated system to make a Dollar Booking.
* Company may void any Dollar Booking made by any Traveler who uses the same credit card as payment for more than one Dollar Booking during a Campaign.
* Company is not responsible for any technical issues that limit or prevent a Traveler's ability to complete a Dollar Booking.
* Company's decisions as to the administration and operation of the Campaign are final and binding in all matters related to the Campaign.
* Company shall have the right to invalidate any booking that violates these Terms as determined by the Company's review of relevant information including, but not limited to, names, addresses (snail-mail and email), credit card information, cookies, session data, and URLs of Travelers.
* Company shall have the right to cancel the Dollar Booking if Traveler violates the General Terms on the Site.
* Company's liability relating to use of the Site during The World For A Dollar Campaign shall be limited to the lesser of $100 or the amount paid by the complainant. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
* Except where prohibited, Traveler's purchase of a Dollar Booking constitutes his/her consent to Company's and its agents' use of his/her name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration to Traveler.
* Company reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Campaign, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Company's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Campaign, as determined by Company in its sole discretion.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 7:37 am

[QUOTE=TTTFor those who want to see them all]

I thought they were a bit long to post so copied them in a text file for anyone that wanted them. But having seen them, they don't take up as much space as I thought, so thanks for that.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 7:56 am

Programs: LH SEN
Here is the first hint:

Visit www.lastminutetravel.com and explore the hotel page

It will be blue skies and smooth sailing once you book your next hotel stay for $1 per night.

When you call up the hotel page you will see a Cancun offer with a small boat. It has '1/27 AM EST' written on it. I assume that's it.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 8:22 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro
I saw that. So, as my coffee hasn't kicked in yet- according to the website the sale starts 1/26. This hint points us to an unknown time in the morning EST on 1/27.

We just don't know what time in the morning? Great, now I am OCFT AND OCLMT.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Princess1
I saw that. So, as my coffee hasn't kicked in yet- according to the website the sale starts 1/26. This hint points us to an unknown time in the morning EST on 1/27.

We just don't know what time in the morning? Great, now I am OCFT AND OCLMT.
Thanks.

And now, perhaps, we'll get enough info that everyone can log on at the right time and repeat the Leading Hotels of the World fiasco.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 10:56 am

I'm still unclear on the taxes. I hope I have enough time left to change plans (to a much cheaper hotel) if they decide to tax at the full rate.

Last edited by Vapno; Jan 18, 2009 at 11:26 am
Old Jan 18, 2009, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Vapno
I'm still unclear on the taxes. I hope I have enough time left to change plans (to a much cheap hotel) if they decide to tax at the full rate.
I talked to my Aunt who is a corporate honcho with Lowe's hotels, and she told me that if they were to sell a room for $1, then tax would be paid on a buck. However, she thinks it is highly unlikely that all these hotels have signed on to sell the rooms for $1 to lastminutetravel.com, especially as she has heard nothing of it. Therefore, it seems lastminute will be buying the rooms at whatever price they can get them for, and eating the rest of the room rate. And since taxes must be paid on a sale, and the sale will be for more tha $1, we're probably going to have to pay the taxes. Kind of sucks, but even if I can get a great hotel in NY or Rome for $30 a night, that's not horible.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 11:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by fsuga
I talked to my Aunt who is a corporate honcho with Lowe's hotels, and she told me that if they were to sell a room for $1, then tax would be paid on a buck. However, she thinks it is highly unlikely that all these hotels have signed on to sell the rooms for $1 to lastminutetravel.com, especially as she has heard nothing of it. Therefore, it seems lastminute will be buying the rooms at whatever price they can get them for, and eating the rest of the room rate. And since taxes must be paid on a sale, and the sale will be for more tha $1, we're probably going to have to pay the taxes. Kind of sucks, but even if I can get a great hotel in NY or Rome for $30 a night, that's not horible.
Is it legal to charge taxes on anything other than the $1 purchase price?

This weekend I took advantage of a Hertz free weekend rental day, and because the rental rate for 24 hours was $0.00, so was the taxes/fees.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by BEAV
Is it legal to charge taxes on anything other than the $1 purchase price?

This weekend I took advantage of a Hertz free weekend rental day, and because the rental rate for 24 hours was $0.00, so was the taxes/fees.
I would think that is because you got your car directly from the provider who was "selling" you the car, Hertz. Since they were essentially giving you the car, there is no tax on something free.
That's what I would think, though by no means do I have any idea of tax laws. All I know is that somebody will have to pay the sales tax on the rooms, and if I were the person putting together this sale, I would see that as a great loophole to have the buyers help offset a little of my cost. Who knows, maybe we'll only get charged for tax on the buck. But I'm not setting my expectations that high.
Too bad we have another week to stew on all this.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 1:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by fsuga
I would think that is because you got your car directly from the provider who was "selling" you the car, Hertz. Since they were essentially giving you the car, there is no tax on something free.
That's what I would think, though by no means do I have any idea of tax laws. All I know is that somebody will have to pay the sales tax on the rooms, and if I were the person putting together this sale, I would see that as a great loophole to have the buyers help offset a little of my cost. Who knows, maybe we'll only get charged for tax on the buck. But I'm not setting my expectations that high.
Too bad we have another week to stew on all this.
Thanks. The "no tax" theory does make sense buying directly from a vendor vs a third party site such as LMT.com.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 2:10 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Anyone know a way for someone from Australia to purchase ?

I was counting on this :-/

I have access to a US credit card, but not in my name. Do you think they will send the "conditions" to the hotel?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by crd3000
Hi, I am too, was wondering this myself, found a link to the Terms and Conditions but the link produced an error page.
Now it's back up.... and It says...

The World For A Dollar Campaign, (the "Campaign") on lastminutetravel.com (the "Site") is open only to legal residents of the fifty
(50) United States

Oh well, we'll have to wait for the next great offer
At least I can relax now and not have to wait for the 'hints'!!

Cheers,
Caroline

I contacted LMT's Customer Service department about this - I am Canadian! - and the rep said that being an online promotion, it is open to everyone who accesses the website, regardless of where they're from. So I'm thinking that the terms & conditions might just be standardized, or at least they won't be enforced. But I would suggest getting a second opinion first just to make sure. I'm not getting my hopes up here!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.