Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] LastMinuteTravel.com Offers 15,000 Hotels for $1 Per Night

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:18 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by Vapno
I'm just thinking the last minute change in the tax part of the T&C might have been too late for today and will apply to future days. That is, no sales/hotel tax for the "sweepstakes" today, but later it's possible.
No, I disagree. As I pointed out in an earlier post, the T&Cs were changed prior to today's promotional booking period.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 1:37 pm

what clue pointed to today's time other then that it wasn't when they were sleeping?
Old Jan 26, 2009, 1:48 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
It didn't look like ANY of the clues pointed to today's time (approx. 10:39 to approx. 10:54am EST)
Old Jan 26, 2009, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA gold, UA Premier, HH Gold, *wood gold, PC gold
At least now this thing is open to NY and FL residents. ^
Old Jan 26, 2009, 2:07 pm

Response that I got from LastMinuteTravel.com's Consumer Support:
The value of hotel rooms purchased during the World For A Dollar campaign may be taxable as income. Individuals are solely responsible for the payment of all federal, state and local income or excise taxes on prize. Depending on the value of the rooms, you may be required to provide a social security number for 1099/income tax filing purposes. In addition, you are responsible for all travel/transportation to and from hotel, meals, beverages, phone charges, incidentals, or other expenses or costs relating to the prize not expressly set forth above. You are not responsible for hotel taxes.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 2:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by sc flier
Response that I got from LastMinuteTravel.com's Consumer Support:
The value of hotel rooms purchased during the World For A Dollar campaign may be taxable as income. Individuals are solely responsible for the payment of all federal, state and local income or excise taxes on prize. Depending on the value of the rooms, you may be required to provide a social security number for 1099/income tax filing purposes. In addition, you are responsible for all travel/transportation to and from hotel, meals, beverages, phone charges, incidentals, or other expenses or costs relating to the prize not expressly set forth above. You are not responsible for hotel taxes.
HI all. I don't know what prize you are talking about.
I challenged LMT.com with legal action about changes to their original T&C and my not being able to avail to their offer being I'm from Fl, and they answered me that they have reverted bact to their original T&C and I can now participate. AFAIK there is no prize in this promo, only rooms at $1 a night.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 2:30 pm

It's on again!!! This time I managed to book...just keep fingers crossed to get confirmation!!!

Got Confirmation!!! 7 Nights on Palm Island in NOV!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 26, 2009, 2:34 pm

I just missed it by seconds. Started with only about 6 or 7 minutes left (with the stupid video again).
Old Jan 26, 2009, 2:37 pm

that video is maddening.

maybe they split their 15 minutes today into 2 different times you could book. it doesn't seem like anyone has been on the site with 10 or 12 or any other time remaining...seems like the longest time anyone has had is 6 and change.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 2:49 pm

Okay, weirdest thing, but I just randomly logged onto the site and the timer was going! This was at about 1:34pm PST. I had exactly 3 minutes to make my booking and juuuust made it. I had been dinking around LMT all morning torturing myself with the horrible videos but it wasn't until I logged in that the timer showed up.

Last edited by Lora54; Jan 29, 2009 at 11:50 am
Old Jan 26, 2009, 3:04 pm

Really hope the future timers are 15 mins as promised. Without any meaningful clues, it's crazy to expect folks to load at the beginning of a 7 minute period with enough time (5+min) to watch the vids and book. I'm doing all I can to prepare.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by zambu
HI all. I don't know what prize you are talking about....

...AFAIK there is no prize in this promo, only rooms at $1 a night.
I agree. I'm only saying what I was told in the response. I've requested additional info. In all the email marketing material, they have previously referred to this as a "sale" -- not a contest or sweepstakes.

Examples:
"To launche this new discount-model, all 15,000 hotels on LastMinuteTravel.com will soon sell for $1 per night for 15 minutes each day...."

"Starting in January, you will have 15 minutes, Monday - Friday for 2 weeks to buy any hotel for $1 per night."

And the current T&Cs clearly state that "The Campaign does not constitute a prize, lottery, or sweepstakes."

Everyone, please remember, too, that LMT.com may likely have staff that read this thread. (LMT staff, if you're lurking, please feel free to introduce yourself!)

Another point in the T&Cs that I think is confusing is the limit on bookings per person. The T&Cs led me to believe that the restriction is one per person per week. But the promotion's introductory overview page says, "1 reservation for 1 room per person during entire campaign." Upon re-reading the T&Cs, a "Campaign" is one 15-minute period -- not the entire 2-week period. So it seems to me that I can still book another room next week.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
For those who got in within the window, is there any way not to view the time sapping video?
Old Jan 26, 2009, 3:19 pm

again

I can not believe i missed it again!!! I want to cry or scream lol
Old Jan 26, 2009, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Lora54
I had been dinking around LMT all morning torturing myself with the horrible videos but it wasn't until I logged in that the timer showed up.
I have suspected that you must be logged in in order to see the timer. I'm not absolutely certain that this is the case, though.

And signing up for the email does not constitute creating an account. If you didn't create an account with an email address AND PASSWORD, then you can't sign in.

I spotted just the last 2 seconds of the timer during the last round.

I also thought of the possibility that they split the 15-minutes into two parts of the day, but the T&Cs do refer to a Campaign as being "an individual fifteen (15) minute period...."

The sound has not been active on my PC today. Is there really any sound made when the timer comes on? Or is that only in the promo videos from the past couple weeks?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.