Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2008, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
They took the time to develop this page: http://www.lhw.com/promoload/technical.htm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by sonofzeus
Stay tuned.
But the T&Cs are quite clear concerning the "inability of a customer to access lhw.com."

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
An utter joke. I have hit the LHW home page and could not get past it.

Programs: UA 1K_MM, AA EX_PLT Hyatt/Hilton Dia, Mar Gold, IHG PLT, Amtrak S++, Hertz 5Star, Avis First
I'm giving up.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 6:46 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
USAir gave out free tickets when they partnered with Barclays credit card in Jan-Feb06. I got quite a few, like WAS-PHX, Was-San. They were free and earned miles. You had to click a lot, but the website never went down.
I loved the 50 cent flights promotion!! Won tix to TPA and CDG.
Hey Misleading Hotels of the World- you know you run a bad promo when people are pining for US Airways!!!

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
I'm off to eat lunch....will try just before closing time at 13:20 GMT.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kingalien
they took the time to develop this page: http://www.lhw.com/promoload/technical.htm
haha
Old Oct 1, 2008, 6:48 am

Programs: LH Sen, SPG Platinium, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Strawb
What a fun lunch break! Except I haven't eaten anything
I'm hungry, too

Programs: *G (NZ SQ), MPC Gold, Amex Plat
1.48am - definitely time for bed

We´re not even in stage number 1 and people are organizing class action suits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Ahhhh....the emotional phases of a mistake fare.

1. Discovery - mistake fare is posted on FT. Novices frantically checks how much vacation time they have and if the dates of availability mesh with their schedules. Experienced FTers just book it and worry about contacting spouses or their boss later. Word spreads like wildfire.

2. Excitement - Tickets purchased, confirmation emails received and dates of travel shared with other FTers. Discussions of what to see and do and where to stay crop up in other threads. Novices contact source to change seats or inquire about upgrades, Seasoned FTers sit back and enjoy reading the discussion threads.

3. Stress Stage 1 - Concern over paper ticket delivery - Novices Frantically check otheFedEx website every few hours, constant monitoring of driveway for FedEx truck. Seasoned FT veterans sit back and relax.

4. Glee and happiness - Paper tickets in hand, vacation request submitted, spouses finally informed, hotel reservations made and bragging to friends and co-workers begins. Both novices and experts get very excited.

5. Stress Stage 2 - Rumors of fare not being honored, discussion threads about the airline and ticketing agency ensue. Rumors crop up like crabgrass at this stage. Many FTers begin to worry excessively about whether or not the trip will happen. Novices make non-refundable and financial committments to their trip. Seasoned FTers make mixed drinks (and maybe a sandwich) and is patient.

6. Reality Check - Accurate information is obtained - usually takes place a week to 10 days after mistake fare is published. Confirmed information from the source as to whether or not tickets will be honored.

7a. Pure Joy (Icelandair style- Fare is Honored) - Lots of happy people, FT threads on shared information regarding hotels, restaurants, tours, etc. Jealousy from others sets in. First "FT guinea pigs" embark, post confirmation threads that all is ok.

7b Hostile Feelings (Copa Airlines Style - fare is not honored) - Many angry and disappointed FTers. Refunds are issued. Novices have multiple discussion threads of lawsuits and hostile correspondence, FT pros mutter "c'est la vie" and look for the next fare mistake.

8a Success (Honored) - Trip Report thread becomes very active
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
haha
Too funny !
Old Oct 1, 2008, 6:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by pitbrian
Hey Misleading Hotels of the World- you know you run a bad promo when people are pining for US Airways!!!

This thread alone is almost making this promotion (or lack thereof) worthwhile.

-FlyerBeek
Old Oct 1, 2008, 6:50 am

One-out, one-in is probably a better way of describing the queuing system... they might let up to 500 or 1000 users on, and once one leaves, they let another in...
Old Oct 1, 2008, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by kingalien
They took the time to develop this page: http://www.lhw.com/promoload/technical.htm
So it was expected then? I guess no one is impressed with LHW today, they could have fared a lot better with som planning.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

did the people who clicked to see avail and got error message go from hotel page or lhw's 1928 page?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.