Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:33 pm

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by maclover
It is 1:00PM in Paris...
I don't think so, 2:00 pm is correct. Paris is in the same timezone as Zurich/Vienna/Frankfurt/Amsterdam and it's currently GMT plus two hours (Paris: 08:30 pm / GMT: 06:30 pm).

PS: Here is a link to the Greenwich Mean Time Clock.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:33 pm

Programs: Qantas Gold, Marriot Silver, Sofitel, USAir, Delta,Meritus,Plat IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
Would anyone be able to let me know which hotel in HAM does take part in this offer - the "Atlantic Kempinski Hotel" or the "Vier Jahreszeiten"?

The first post in this elongating thread lists:

Hotel Atlantic Kempinski Hamburg (Hamburg, Germany)
Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:34 pm

Programs: UAL Gold DL Silver Hilton GoldMarriott Gold
Originally Posted by avflyer
It might be worth the effort of a moderator to post a sticky at the top regarding the form download (I think I found a link on page 52) as well as the time to email.
I have been going through beginning at page 52 and have not seen a link any ideas of where it might be?

Sam
Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:36 pm

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by samftla
I have been going through beginning at page 52 and have not seen a link any ideas of where it might be?

Sam
On Page 51, of course!

And yes, I'm serious.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:37 pm

11:35 PDT...

No e-mail from LHW... And I can't recall which e-mail address I used to register, so if I use the wrong one my submission might be disqualified if selected. Grrr...
Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:37 pm

Programs: * A
wow! "permanent fatal error" reminds me of the early days of popmails.
thanks MCalder for dropping by to confirm the severity 1 issue at LHW this am and informing a group of the registrants. This promotion has received enough attention around the world! Lets not repeat such a negative fiasco, I am positive the registrants can wait another week since the hotel nights are to be used between 1 Nov 2008 - 15 Dec 2008. Lets consult and think through the plan and make it a success. LHW have been a great service in the last 8 years for me (speaking from personal experience) and I would love to see continuity of its great service.

ps. I have not received a single email but the canned response from one of the VPs. I personally don't like someone else chosing my dates for staying at hotels and LHW can attempt to get away by putting winners on a midweek stay at one of the resorts. I personally was looking at a couple of weekenders if I could use this promo. This is just as cloudy as the IAD-DCA skies this afternoon. Good luck LHW! Good luck my fellow FT'ers!
Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:38 pm

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by GreenFireflyer
Frequent_Flyer1 - It's the Atlantic Kempinski.
Thanks GreenFireflyer!

Originally Posted by driscj
Frequent_Flyer1 - The first post in this elongating thread lists: Hotel Atlantic Kempinski Hamburg (Hamburg, Germany)
Oops, totally forgot that all hotels are listed at the beginning of this thread. Sorry and thanks for the hint!
Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
I don't think so, 2:00 pm is correct.
you sure they are not factorizing the Daylight Saving Time, using London 12 noon?
Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:40 pm

Programs: UAL Gold DL Silver Hilton GoldMarriott Gold
Originally Posted by alex0683de
On Page 51, of course!

And yes, I'm serious.
Found another just now on page 55

Sam
Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:42 pm

you sure they are not factorizing the Daylight Saving Time, using London 12 noon?
surely, that's the tactic to reduce the pool of applicants. How many people do not know what GMT is?

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Yes, they also said 12 GMT for today - they started at 13:00 London time, 14:00 cotinental Europe. Same thing tomorrow, just 24 hours later.

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by idealflyer
millions of people tried to get in but couldn't
It wasn't millions. It was approximately 150,000.

That said, why was I outright lied to on the phone by LHW staff?
Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:50 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Positive. They are using 1200 GMT/UTC. 5am on the US West coast, 1pm in London, 2pm in most of the European continent. On the site there was also a link at one point to the World Time Clock showing what time it would be around the world at 1200 GMT 1 October.

I also just got the email at my work address - I registered this because I originally never got any confirmation of my gmail address, but did get this at work. However, I got several Gmail notifications this morning, and only one at work just now.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:52 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
surely, that's the tactic to reduce the pool of applicants. How many people do not know what GMT is?
Plenty, based on the people at my work who constantly schedule meetings for XX:XX PST or CST. I quietly correct them. They ignore me. They get angry when I start going by PST instead of PDT, and this can make a difference when I'm in Arizona and there is not Daylight time.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:56 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Why are they using a flown blown DOC-format document instead just a plain txt file? If all 150k participant send 250k they are getting about 34GB of emails!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.