Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:37 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by jexelot
12 noon GMT? what time is that in paris?
That would be 14:00 (02:00PM) in Paris.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
perhaps this experience will actually serve as an example for other companies to recover from failed promotions with dignity.
Originally Posted by Julian
an example for other companies to recover from failed promotions with dignity.

-FlyerBeek
Don't count your chickens.
There's no need to mis-quote me. Notice that I did say "perhaps."

The latest developments, in my mind, are one of the more positive immediate responses I can recall - in 6 years on FT - from a company in this situation.

-FlyerBeek
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:39 am

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
LHW is now aware of this thread
This morning at 8:15AM, I sent an email to 2 VP's at LWH Corporate Headquaters with links to several posts from here of posters that presented valid arguements and not bash the company.
I suggested they address the issue to avoid a blackeye.
I have also been in contact with the VP, who has assured me the company will do right right and address this issue to satisfaction of its customers.
Please give LHW time to resolve the issue.
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by LHstatus
what did she do? why does she deserve anything? please rethink your evilness and repent.
will do, rethought, nothings changed

what did she do; look at what.. how many pages of responses here all negative.. mostly negative I should say

makes a bunch of us waste our time this a.m... i for one rearranged things tobe by my pc at 8 a.m. when I normally am no where near one
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mcalder
The e-mail request form allows one to list three hotels in preferential order. It also asks whether your dates are flexible.

Regards,

Marshall Calder
Hi, Marshall, and welcome to Flyertalk.

I understand that you may be busy today, and not have time to read this entire thread. As you read several recent posts concerning your IT ability to handle this many simultaneous e-mails, you may dismiss those posts as unfounded. I would like to call to your attention this post, dated September 7, 2008, which predicted that your servers would crash this morning. This post was followed by many others, also predicting a server crash. We knew this would happen - you didn't.

There are a lot of fairer ways to handle this than the one you chose, having already screwed this up. As an example, you could have had a random number generator assign random numbers to the registrants, then picked the winners by starting at the low end of the list until the rooms were gone. You could have allowed everyone to complete your form, given them a week to e-mail them in, and then used the random-number scenario above. Requiring participants to contact you a second time at a very inconvenient hour (5 AM on the U.S. west coast) is not good for public relations. If your server is unprepared for the onslaught (and it is, trust me), you will have convinced a great many people never to stay at your hotel chain. There is one benefit, however. You and LHW will become famous as a business school case study.

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
Originally Posted by alex0683de
That would be 14:00 (02:00PM) in Paris.
thanks
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:40 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
dupe...already answered
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

again, its not a hotel chain, its a marketing alliance. if you want to shift business from LHW, just book direct.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:44 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG lifetime platinum
Should we rename the file?

Once you've completed the word document, should it be saved using the original file name? Or should some identifying information be put in the name?

Originally Posted by yyzprincess
This morning at 8:15AM, I sent an email to 2 VP's at LWH Corporate Headquaters with links to several posts from here of posters that presented valid arguements and not bash the company.
I suggested they address the issue to avoid a blackeye.
I have also been in contact with the VP, who has assured me the company will do right right and address this issue to satisfaction of its customers.
Please give LHW time to resolve the issue.
Fine okay others were ahead of me. I retract what I said earlier.

But before we all get all misty-eyed about how LHW is going to give its customers all its love, read gemac's superb post at 5,39pm....

The e-mails are going out now to all who registered for the promotion. We expect that all mails should be delivered within the next few hours.

The request form was sent as an attachment in the first batch of e-mails. We learned that some recipients did not recieve the attachement, so it will be re-sent as a link.

The request forms must be completed and returned to [email protected]. Rooms at $19.28 shall be awarded on a first come first serve basis, while availability lasts. E-mails must be recieved between 12:00 noon and 13:20 GMT in order to qualify.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by entrada
Once you've completed the word document, should it be saved using the original file name? Or should some identifying information be put in the name?
im keeping the name the same, and sending the email with the subject they had in the original link. IIRC "1928 Participation form"

im also going to have my hotel and dates in the body of the email.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Thanks! :-:
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:48 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Fine okay others were ahead of me. I retract what I said earlier.

But before we all get all misty-eyed about how LHW is going to give its customers all its love, read gemac's superb post at 5,39pm....
5:39 in what time zone?

BTW can we send in more than 1 word file?
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

new url in latest email, same exact document >
http://www.lhw.com/promoload/1928_email_English.doc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.