Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:05 am

Programs: CX DM, PR PE, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by shuly
As a public service: here is the form that was well hidden in the text of the e-mail message:

http://www.lhw.com/LCEmailImages/CMP...il_English.doc

Good luck,

Shuly
Thanks shuly! ^

Got the form. Now, I hope this time it works
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:05 am

est

so what time would EST people have to start submitting this form, 8am tomorrow morning? or 8pm tonight?
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:06 am

Marshall Calder

I am the senior vice president of marketing for the Leading Hotels of the World.

There has been much spoken about our $19.28 promotion today. With this in mind, I wish to update those with an interest in this promotion, but first offer our sincercerest apology for the failure of our website.

Depsite every effort to ensure that our website could accommodate a large spike in traffic, it ultimately failed.

To remedy the situation, we are contacting every registrant to offer them another chance to participate in the promotion via e-mail. As was our original intent, the inventory will be available on a first come first serve basis.

We have over 6,000 rooms designated to the $19.28promotion. Over 150,000 persons have registered for the promotion and it is our intent to offer everyone one of them an equal opportunity to secure the $19.28 rate via our back-up plan.

I also wish to confirm that the e-mails of all registrants will be deleted at the conclusion of the promotion and shall not be used for any other purpose.

Regards,

Marshall Calder
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dior29
Not fond of the "first come first served" aspect. I'd prefer they do it the way baseball teams handle playoff tickets these days, via a lottery: get your request in by a certain date/time, then they pick people at random.
but the "any dates" option will go over well with FTers, wont it?

id imagine your chances are reasonable if you do that option, especially for 3 hotels.

thanks for the post Marshall. ^ great recovery IMHO. i only wish you hadnt pushed it off until tomorrow, if very few people noticed the link.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by jiggs
got a second email from them to the same address, one sent at 10:11 and the other at 10:35...exact same format, still no form...

they should really just forget this ever happened rather than digging the hole deeper.

the site itself is still getting punished and the home page won't load, hours later
Ditto.

It was pretty evident from last night's website issues that the promo was going down the path of radio station dial-in contests - a complete waste of time for those of us who value our time. Hence, it was an easy call to sleep in rather than roust @ 5am here on the West Coast.

What makes them think their email server won't go down the way their web server did?
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by biaoism
What makes them think their email server won't go down the way their web server did?
That's my thought...thousands of messages with 100KB+ attachments all arriving within a couple of minute...
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:09 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG lifetime platinum
How to fill out form

Are we supposed to fill out the form in Word and then attach the word document to the e-mail. Or scan the completed form and attach it? Or cut and paste the information into an e-mail?

???????

Programs: Skyteam Elite (DL Gold), HH Silver, SPG Gold
I didn't get either of the two emails (even checked spam). Then when I clicked on the posted link I got:

Can't find what you are looking for?The page that you are looking for is no longer available on LHW.com. The links below may help you find what your are looking for.

Then I cut and pasted the link, and the download failed. Then I tried again, this time selecting 'save' instead - and now the document won't open properly in Works. It converts the text but it's all out of alignment. I wonder if they will accept it that way? Anyone without MS Office open it successfully?

I'm starting to think the hotel gods are angry with me.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

attachment is 200K+ for me.

its got macros, i disabled them and it still works. but you probably need office, or a fairly high powered opensource clone.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:12 am

I'm looking forward to this:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

mailbox is full: retry timeout exceeded

Originally Posted by soitgoes
That's my thought...thousands of messages with 100KB+ attachments all arriving within a couple of minute...
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:14 am

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I got the Form from one of the VP at LHW send it to me after having received the email many here received without the form being attached.
The completed form can be submitted at Noon EDT, the time they will start accepting.
The form has :
1. 3 choices. #1,#2 &#3.
2. Each Hotel have to submit 2 dates.
3. Also an option for LHW to choose a hotel if your choices are sold out.
4. Have to submit your credit card inf.
It is on Word Docement.
Get going. It is 12:14PM EDT as I post this.
Good Luck.
I submitted mine at 12:02PM
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:15 am

I even did a view source of the email that I recieved and was SOL when it comes to finding the doc.

Thank you for posting the link(s).
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i wonder if its now open to anyone, not just those who registered.. that would also be a bummer.

IIRC 250K registered. 250K * .2MB = 50GB

its being accepted TOMORROW not today.

there is nowhere to enter CC info on the form, nor do i see an "any hotel" option.

i received one email at 11:10, and one at 11:35. both had links only, no attachments. i first sent the form in at 11:19, before i noticed it said noon GMT tomorrow.

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by mcalder
I am the senior vice president of marketing for the Leading Hotels of the World.

Regards,

Marshall Calder

wow ! The senior vice president of marketing on flyertalk ! Someone's done their research on crowdsourcing !! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowdsourcing)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.