Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by narossa
LYING Hotels of the world...
I like Misleading Hotels of the world more ;-).
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the thing ended 8 minutes ago, was suspended 7 minutes before that, and many are still seeing "try again"

i wonder how this will end up for them >

new business gained from publicity (bad) and email harvesting
(minus)
business lost from site downtime
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:29 am

Nothingness

Originally Posted by GJS - yow
80 minutes is up, and I never saw anything other than "Sorry! Due to the overwhelming number of consumers currently trying to access this promotion, your request is being delayed momentarily. Please be patient, don’t get discouraged, and retry in a few seconds by clicking here, or by going back to http://www.lhw.com/1928."

Oh well, at least the site didn't tease me by letting me get part way and then crashing!
This is all I saw also.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:30 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
this was the biggest waste of time outside of OMNI.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:30 am

Programs: DM-(DL)/CO/AA/US/ RW (Road Warrior)
I am laughing so hard. HAHA.

The hotel drama... so are the Days of our lives on FT.

With the economy in crisis and the bailout/rescue bill gonna be passed by the US Congress.

Ever since this 1928 Promo was mention on FT and other travel sites. The 'greed' to stay and sleep for two nights at a hotel besides your own aka home. Yes, you would stay at a hotel in a city you might have never been.

This is so funny... well ok not really. But to image everybody in one big room with their computer. Someone stands up and yells "19.28" (aka BiNGO).

There are more important things in life.

-BondAir007
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:32 am

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
NOTE- if you email Michael Calder, you will receive email verifying. Reply to the verification. I guess this is to stop spam from unknown emails or simply in preparation of the rapid fire onslaught of emails coming in from irrate customers who want 1+ hours of their lives back!
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:33 am

Programs: Anything that gives nice sign up bonuses
Well I got my room and it turns out that Elle Macphersen will be tucking me in as well.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:34 am

Programs: UA
Just got a message that all 6000 rooms have been sold... now offer is 3 nights for the price of 2, 4 for the price of 3, etc.

Thank you for participating in Leading Hotels' epic USD 19.28 Sale!

We have now sold out of the 6,000 originally available room nights, concluding our 80th anniversary promotion. Congratulations to the more than 3,000 lucky individuals who were able to secure a reservation as part of this offer.

We look forward to bringing you similar online offers in the future, and greatly appreciate your interest in experiencing The Leading Hotels of the World.

Last edited by Fiumicino; Oct 1, 2008 at 7:39 am
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:35 am

Media?

Maybe we can start a media list (e-mail addresses) and each of us can contact the various travel reporters and complain. Would we want to give LHW the potential coverage?

Still interested in travelling with us? While we can't offer you rooms at USD 19.28, we can still offer some great values, including bundles of 3 nights for the price of 2, 4 for the price of 3, or 7 for the price of 5, as well as discounted weekend rates and other Leading Offers.

LIKE WHO THE HELL CARES!!!!??? WE WANT 20$ ROOMS!

they've been 'processing my selection' for 15 minutes...I'm not sure the page is actually doing anything...damn .aspx
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:36 am

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
Did anyone get in on this deal? Surely somebody did!?!?

Also, is anyone else a Misleaders Club member? What a joke of a promotion. They would have been better off offering every member who stayed with them in the last 1-2 years a free night in order to celebrate their anniversary.

Any marketing fool will tell you it's easier to sell to existing clients. Not to mention, it's much harder to win back a client you lost than to acquire a new one.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:37 am

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
I am still getting keep checking every few seconds message.

Sorry! Due to the overwhelming number of consumers currently trying to access this promotion, your request is being delayed momentarily. Please be patient, don’t get discouraged, and retry in a few seconds by clicking here, or by going back to http://www.lhw.com/1928.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:39 am

Programs: Ozark - Tin; Eastern - Lead; Local Hoosegow - Copper;
Thumbs down I Knew I Could Find Support Here

I enjoy the company of other bottom-dwelling scumbag luxury bargain hunters.

http://goinglikesixty.com/2008/10/01...ictions-apply/

OP: MisLeading Hotels of the World... bwahahahahaha.

I'm emailing them just for the halibut - I'm sure their email server is offline too.

BTW: Sedona, AZ Enchantment Resort is a dog with many fleas- don't say there even if it is $19.28.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the thing ended 19 minutes ago, according to original T&C.

not to mention people got a "it has been suspended" message 7 minutes before that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.