Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2008, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Kaz
Celebrating their 100th anniversary...
2008-1928 = 80.

It's their 80th anniversary.

Looks like it's worth a shot. ^ Very similar to the periodic Hoxton Hotel (London) auctions, where you can attempt to book one night for 1 pound (all-in) and/or ~29 pounds (all-in). They've done this several times, and a number of FTers (myself included) have managed to snag Hoxton deals.

However, this promo encompasses a whole lot of hotels, and is an even better deal (2 night limit instead of 1, and normal rates are higher on average, though not all are as high as $500!).
Old Sep 7, 2008, 7:38 pm

Variable of course is how much inventory they are opening up for the discounted rates. But, looking back on the Affinia Hotels Magic 8 Ball promotion, I scored a sweet $88 room in NYC somewhat easily
Old Sep 7, 2008, 8:49 pm

ad makes my post look yucky.

see below.

Last edited by The Lurker; Sep 7, 2008 at 8:59 pm
Old Sep 7, 2008, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by mikensf74
Variable of course is how much inventory they are opening up for the discounted rates. But, looking back on the Affinia Hotels Magic 8 Ball promotion, I scored a sweet $88 room in NYC somewhat easily

Just in case you somehow missed the other thread from today http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=863230 there is a free hotel available in New York. Although I'll admit it's probably not quite as luxurious as LHW nor Affinia, but it is a brand new hotel.

P.S. Thanks for the great find OP. Registered. Now I've just got to figure out which hotel I want to try for.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Thanks Kaz. I suspect though that the lhw system will crash.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA_MP, SPG
Good luck to all ... after booking the hotel you'll have to find flights for those dates ... and you'll have to pay whatever price they're asking for ... it could be worth it, though.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 11:26 pm

Thanks for the great tip , Kaz
Old Sep 8, 2008, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by miss1K
Good luck to all ... after booking the hotel you'll have to find flights for those dates ... and you'll have to pay whatever price they're asking for ... it could be worth it, though.
Not necessarily. You might:

1) Book a hotel close enough to drive a car, or take a train, to; OR

2) Book an award flight in anticipation of cancelling it if you don't get this $19.28 hotel deal (this only works well if you're exempt from award change fees, etc., as we 1Ks are in the United program); OR

3) Book either a paid or award flight, and book a (fully cancellable, no or minimal penalty) res at a "backup" hotel -- one that will be acceptable if you don't get the $19.28 deal

Etc.

IOW, plenty of strategies to protect yourself from (potentially) high airline prices.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 1:04 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
hmm, although its going to be trial and error to see which dates that are going to allow...
Old Sep 8, 2008, 8:53 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Lifetime P, IC RA, Hyatt D
Thanks a lot. That's a great find.

I will be in Italy 10/1-10/12. Hope we can get two 2-night stays at two of these properties.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 10:24 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Lifetime P, IC RA, Hyatt D
Oops, it's only available from November 1 - December 15. Well, still good for other trips this year.

Good luck, everyone.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 10:45 am

Programs: Anything that gives nice sign up bonuses
Est?

Shouldn't EST be EDT?

It's nitpicky, but GMT is 5 hrs. ahead of EST not 4 hrs.

so GMT must not change and EST does change an hour forward, explaining the 4 hour dif.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 10:46 am

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Kaz, great post - thanks!
Old Sep 8, 2008, 11:07 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Nice one...heres hpoing some of us...

...are selected.^
Old Sep 8, 2008, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by obkacey
Shouldn't EST be EDT?

It's nitpicky, but GMT is 5 hrs. ahead of EST not 4 hrs.

so GMT must not change and EST does change an hour forward, explaining the 4 hour dif.
Hey an hour is not nitpicky on this 80 minute sale that's likely to be WAY oversubscribed! I saw that too and figured I'd double check the EXACT time a day or so before the event. They do seem to be counting down to the time on their website, so if there are no snafus, it should be predictable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.