Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2008, 5:20 am

Programs: UA1K, AA EXP, CO Plat, BD*G, NW, DL, Priority Club, SPG & Marriott
What a waste of time to spend checking and logging in into a website that has been locked down for fear that their server will crash. Not a single page or link will load now, even their customer service link will not lead you to anywhere.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 5:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Asiana Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Sofitel A/Club Plat, AMEX Centurion, LHW Leaders Club
Originally posted by Mama
am I going to sit in front of computer and keep clicking that 1928 click for 80 minutes?

Probably.

The Overlord
Old Oct 1, 2008, 5:22 am

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Originally Posted by Mama
am I going to sit in front of computer and keep clicking that 1928 click for 80 minutes?
Hopefuly not.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 5:24 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
LOL the server is likely not f****** or anything else - just turned off... waiting... for the moment of 8AM ET
Old Oct 1, 2008, 5:27 am

Programs: CX DM, PR PE, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I think we should be all patient and wait till the clock strikes 12 GMT
Old Oct 1, 2008, 5:28 am

Programs: Various memberships
Originally Posted by briantoronto
LOL the server is likely not f****** or anything else - just turned off... waiting... for the moment of 8AM ET
I hope your right!

Otherwise I will never stay in a LHW hotel ever again

But then I never have and probably never would anyway at the normal prices
Old Oct 1, 2008, 5:31 am

Hi there,

I just joined this message board because I was looking for people as frustrated as me in regards to the LHW site not working! Argh! I hope to god it lets some people in!
Old Oct 1, 2008, 5:32 am

Programs: * A
Originally Posted by TheEngineer
I hope your right!

Otherwise I will never stay in a LHW hotel ever again

But then I never have and probably never would anyway at the normal prices
I am on board w/ TheEngineer Lets hope they are timing it for 8:00 am EST; however one wonders why LHW tipped us to log in early
Old Oct 1, 2008, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by bargainista
Hi there,

I just joined this message board because I was looking for people as frustrated as me in regards to the LHW site not working! Argh! I hope to god it lets some people in!

Welcome to FT, bargainista. This is a great community. I encourage you to look around the other sub-forums as well. If you´re into travels FT is THE palce to be.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 5:35 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
They have shut down the server
Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".
This will take off the load, hopefully at zero hour they will put it back.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 5:35 am

Thank you Helsinki Flyer, I do love to travel and I am always looking for great promotions. This site seems to be quite interesting in that respect.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 5:36 am

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Originally Posted by noirpepper
I am on board w/ TheEngineer Lets hope they are timing it for 8:00 am EST; however one wonders why LHW tipped us to log in early

Their crap website?
Old Oct 1, 2008, 5:36 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Exclamation be patient

I think one of the main reasons LHW asked people to pre-register with their email addresses was to get a good idea of how many would be trying to access this offer and purchase bandwidth accordingly.

Getting highly increased server capacity for a website is VERY expensive (just ask Amazon how many hundreds of thousands they pay in the run up to christmas) so Im assuming LHW is paying through the nose for it only for 80 minutes, BUT not one minute more (i.e. not BEFORE the promotion starts).
Old Oct 1, 2008, 5:41 am

Let's hope you are right est gratuite. I hope all of you on the board get the hotel you are wanting, I think it's going to be quite the feat... I have all my possible date combinations here and I hope I will even get an opportunity to key them in, let alone access the damn site...
Old Oct 1, 2008, 5:42 am

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
anyone tried to log-in before today? do you do that on the 1st page of promo website?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.