Travelocity Hotel, Etc Coupons for 2 to 4 Nights - Deceptive Offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2008, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.

Very deceptive advertising, nowhere in the offer, sent by email, was a minimum purchase requirement stated. You don't have to purchase air travel with your hotel (at least I don't think so, but some of the language is confusing), but you do, as it turns out, have to spend at least $250 to get $50 off 2 nights:

Here's how to save $50 on your Hotel or Vacation Package:
• To redeem the Promo Code, you simply type in MISS**U50 into the Promotional Code field on the “Checkout Review” Page, and $50 will be automatically deducted from the final price of your qualifying purchase.
• View the terms and conditions for complete details.
• How do I enter a promotional code?
* Please note that the promotional code must be entered in all caps and is not applicable for Last Minute Deals, or Hotel and Flight booked separately.

The promotional code (the “Promo Code”) for $50 is valid between 12:01 a.m. Central Time on August 13, 2008 and 11:59 p.m. Central Time on September 15, 2008 (the “Promotion Period”).
Your use of the Promo Code on the Travelocity Web site, (the “Site”) is subject to the Travelocity User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
To qualify, you may only use the Promo Code on the Site towards the purchase of a two-night or longer GoodBuy Hotel stay or Flight + Hotel Vacation Package offered via Travelocity during the Promotion Period. Travel dates must be between August 13, 2008 and December 31, 2008.
GoodBuy Hotel or Flight + Hotel Vacation Package purchase requires a minimum spend of $250.
To redeem the Promo Code, you simply type in MISS**U50 into the Promotional Code field on the “Checkout Review” Page, and $50 will be automatically deducted from the final price of your qualifying purchase.
You may not redeem or exchange the Promo Code for cash. You may not use or combine the Promo Code with any other promotional codes.
I am not interested since there is a $250 minimum and travelocity is almost always more expensive to start out with than I can get elsewhere. YOU should be able to figure out what letters to replace the ** with. Travelocity does not appear to like one to directly post the promo code. Similar codes apply to $75 off 3 nights, or $100 off 4 nights.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 9:47 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

YO! I'm sure some of YOu may not figure out the missing letters so I thought I would help YOu.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 2:14 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Glad to see that MileageAddict misses all of You. It is nice when our moderators truly care about your posts.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 10:52 am

Well color me confused. I can't figure out where to enter the coupon code. I went all the way to the Checkout Review page and there wasn't any place to enter it.

Any ideas?
Old Aug 17, 2008, 3:56 pm

Ahh, it was just a strange Firefox issue. Tried it in Safari on my Mac and the box magically appeared.

That being said, I'm still a bit confused by the promotion. I was able to get the $50 discount to show on a hotel over $250 (before taxes), but the $75 discount wouldn't work (I was booking a hotel for 3 nights)

Any ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.