Wiki Posts
Search

Shanghai - Express by Holiday Inn Putuo US$36+ per night

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2007, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thumbs up Shanghai - Express by Holiday Inn Putuo US$36+ per night

Looks like a decent property, found on Orbitz for $36+ a night.
Rated at 3 stars. Sample dates: December 26-29, 2007.

Description

The First New Generation Express by Holiday Inn in Shanghai opened on 01 October 2006.The Express by Holiday Inn Putuo Shanghai is situated in the central part of Puxi nearby Wu Ning Road and Chang Shou Road, close to Jing'an Temple and Zhong Shan Park these two CBD districts, on the bank of Su Zhou River enjoying its scenic riverside view, with easy access to Shanghai's shopping center and tourist attractions.At the Express by Holiday Inn Putuo Shanghai, you'll enjoy a comfortable and convenient stay with attentively selected services, complimentary breakfast and an impressive offering of business facilities and free Internet broadband access.The Smart Simplicity concept makes the Express by Holiday Inn a smart choice for the visitor to bustling Shanghai.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 7:39 pm

Programs: Falconflyer Gold
That's pretty good, especially with internet and breakfast included.

Earlier this year I took advantage of the Oriental Riverside pricing error which I think was $19 (US) per night and that was a 4 **** property but without food and internet included.

If anyone is thinking of taking advantage of this and has not been to China before, I can thoroughly recommend giving Shanghai a try. It is a fascinating place and I found it great just walking around and immersing myself in the day-to-day life of a modern Chinese city.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 4:25 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
It's the regular rate (2 wks in advance) for a HI/HIEX property in China.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 9:40 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Mlife Gold
If you're staying for 5 nights, you can choose the 4-star Dorure International Hotel in Shanghai for $52@ night - $200 (200INTL) coupon to get $133.92 AI for 5 nights ($26.78@night including tax.)
Old Sep 28, 2007, 1:14 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by zohyeahz
If you're staying for 5 nights, you can choose the 4-star Dorure International Hotel in Shanghai for $52@ night - $200 (200INTL) coupon to get $133.92 AI for 5 nights ($26.78@night including tax.)
Yes, one can indeed apply this coupon code to get $200 off a 5-nights reservation on Orbitz - there's a separate thread about this and the other code.

This thread here looks to be more about a cheap InterContinental Group property someone might want to book to benefit from any of the numerous ongoing Priority Club promos. This sounds more in line with the stated purpose of Hotel Deals. As the sticky in the Mileage Run parent forum goes:

Originally Posted by dmfriedman
Good in Hotel Deals:
1) Hotel deals that offer uniquely high value in terms of either points to $$ or expedited status
Old Sep 29, 2007, 12:44 am

Programs: AS MVP
Just booked my entire 10 night Shanghai stay at this property. Great value with the Orbitz deal.

Tripadvisor reviews look alright. Will report after my stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.