Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Sagamore Resort - Upstate NY for $9/night

Sagamore Resort - Upstate NY for $9/night

Old Sep 18, 07, 7:53 pm

Programs: This game has *seriously* lost its luster.
They're two less Garden View rooms now.

If this gets honored, I'll set up a Sagamore Drinks DO thread in Comm Buzz in a couple months.
Old Sep 18, 07, 8:56 pm

I never got an email confirmation either. So we'll see
Old Sep 19, 07, 12:52 am

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
Was about to book a room but did not like the fine print to book-
"A 50% deposit is required with 14day cancelation. Includes a $35 non-refundab reservation fee. One night reservations require payment in full."

That and the fact that in September the overnight temperature was 38 degrees coupled with 98% humidity, imagine in January! I am not sure yet what I am doing over New Years but the thought of being snowed in or having to rent a car for a week stay on a frozen lake is creepy ala Jack Nicholson. This would have been more appealing to spend a week in the summer lakeside.

Still a good find, kudos to OP and hope everyone enjoys their stay if it is honored. If flying in, Albany and Burlington seem to be the closest major airports.

I think someone at the hotel is going to wake up to a big surprise tomorrow as they see their reservations went up 1400% overnight.

Last edited by idealflyer; Sep 19, 07 at 12:55 am Reason: Add weather report and closest airports
Old Sep 19, 07, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
60 minute drive north of ALB (Albany).

45 minutes north of Saratoga Springs. A cute town to spend 1/2 day.

15 minutes north of Lake George NY. The entire area in the wintertime is beautiful.

You will need to rent a car.
Old Sep 19, 07, 8:30 am

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, s
Thumbs down

Well here we go....

I did not get an email confirmation neither, but unfortunately I got one this morning saying:

Arrival Date:
1/1/2008

Number of Nights:

Number of Guests:

Accommodations:
Loft Suite King

Room Rate Per Night:
$283.29

Tax and Service Charges: 7% NYS sales tax, 4% occupancy tax and $9.00 per day per person service charge are included in your Room Rate Per Night.

Check-in Time:
4:00 P.M.

Check-out Time:
11:00 A.M.

Credit Card Guarantee:
Yes - Confirmed

Deposit:
$424.94

I spoke a reservation supervisor named Nelly and she informed that the rate was not going to be honored even though it was a computer glitch. I explained to her that I had booked airline tickets already and she told me that it was not the Sagamore's responsibility. She said she would gladly cancel reservation with no penalties, but that would not be good enough. How do I proceed wiith this situation?
Old Sep 19, 07, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by JohnNova View Post
I spoke a reservation supervisor named Nelly and she informed that the rate was not going to be honored even though it was a computer glitch. I explained to her that I had booked airline tickets already and she told me that it was not the Sagamore's responsibility. She said she would gladly cancel reservation with no penalties, but that would not be good enough. How do I proceed wiith this situation?

You don't. You didn't really have plane tix did you?

And in any case, why did you call? Don't you know that the first rule of any mistake is to let the dust settle before calling?
Old Sep 19, 07, 9:22 am

So how should the rest of us who booked proceed? Anyone have suggestions?
Old Sep 19, 07, 9:31 am
cpx

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by msaks View Post
So how should the rest of us who booked proceed? Anyone have suggestions?
I'm still waiting for the email... I'd say wait and see.. if they do not honor it..
too bad.. lets get a refund.

For those who booked flight already.. look into the 24hr cancellation/refund policy...
Old Sep 19, 07, 9:32 am

Programs: This game has *seriously* lost its luster.
I haven't gotten an email yet.

Just wait 'n' see. With some of these "specials", you should know from the start, it's a gamble. Especially so with a rez on a site like Sagamore's (vs. a large corp). Although, history shows Tc, Pl and Ex have backed out on these things. I think we're SOL on this one.

Thanks to the OP.

(My post #90. Where's OMNI?!) Nevermind. I read the FAQs

Last edited by boxo; Sep 19, 07 at 1:46 pm
Old Sep 19, 07, 9:44 am

I got an email from them saying my reservation was confirmed. But take a look at this.

Thank you for choosing The Sagamore. Please review your reservation to ensure it is correct. We suggest making dining reservations, tee times and spa appointments prior to arrival to ensure the ideal time. Additional information to help you enjoy your stay is available at www.thesagamore.com/guide Please call 800-358-3585 to have an agent assist you. We look forward to welcoming you to our private island resort.
Confirmation Number:
Reservation Name:
Arrival Date: 1/1/2008
Number of Nights: 3
Number of Guests: 1
Accommodations: Loft Suite King
Room Rate Per Night: $274.29
Tax and Service Charges: 7% NYS sales tax, 4% occupancy tax and $9.00 per day per person service charge are included in your Room Rate Per Night.
Check-in Time: 4:00 P.M.
Check-out Time: 11:00 A.M.
Credit Card Guarantee: Yes - Confirmed
Deposit: $411.44
Cancellation Deadline
Cancellations or any changes to arrival or departure date must be made at least 14 days prior to arrival date to avoid deposit forfeiture. Cancellations at any time will incur a $35.00 processing fee.
We look forward to welcoming you to our private island resort.
110 Sagamore Road
Bolton Landing, NY 12814
800-358-3585
www.thesagamore.com
Old Sep 19, 07, 10:12 am

Programs: DL Plat
They just called me!

Said there was a computer glitch and that the $27/night rate would not be honored. Actual rate would be $219/night (for the standard hotel room).

I said 'you must have a bunch of these calls to place today' and she replied 'yes, there were some others that booked the rate, too.'

Oh well, she let me cancel without penalty.
Old Sep 19, 07, 11:51 am

Programs: AA PLat
just got call , didnt answer

they justed called me and left a message. I will call back ,looks like were out of luck , i had Jan1-6th. i guess i will have to call back and cancel.
Old Sep 19, 07, 2:12 pm
cpx

Programs: Many
Just got my call... - I canceled it.
Old Sep 19, 07, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat; Marriott Plat: Hilton Gold
Just got the cancellation phone call. SHe was a bit rude - stated that she had been doing this all day long.

I asked her what type of 'deal' or discount they would give to me. She said none. So I asked - "If I made the booking mistake - then I would be charged $35, correct?" She said yes - you would. She also stated that this had never happened before and she was getting tired of the $35 question as I was not the first to ask. So - I hung up. Win some - lose some.
Old Sep 19, 07, 5:36 pm

too bad...

Nelly from sagamore called me with the same speach as everybody..

I cancelled my reservation, 219 a night , not a big deal!

It was my first try at using a computer glitch deal. Does bigger hotel chains usually honor these kind of reservations?

Last edited by kurtfloyd; Sep 19, 07 at 5:44 pm

Search this Thread