Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Montreal Airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2007, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Hilton Montreal Airport

Hello. I found this forum and wondering if someone could help me. I tried to book the Hilton YUL airport on June 1 or 2 for the $25 error rate on travelocity. I was not successful however tinkering around with the calendar it shows me for check in on May31 a regualr rate under Time to fly promo. Then I wanted to stay a few days and it shows up as free. I can book up until June 23 for free. Is it possible this is a big error and travelocity will have to honor it. The daily rate for May31-June 23 is going to be $9.33CAD. Should I book the DBLDBL deluxe room at $224CAD? I know I dont get Hilton points so I will only stay for a week. It still works out to a cheap rate.
Thanks in advance for you expert advice
Old Mar 9, 2007, 10:49 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

The lemex mistakes have a great likelihood of getting honored; I never had any problems. This one is quite strange, though. No idea why subsequent nights come up free, but this hotel has been around before.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AS MVP, DL, AC, *wood Gold
Wow!! I'm not sure if the rate will be honoured but I'm booking it anyway and we will see what happens.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replys. Should I book up until June 23. I am looking on Hiltons webpage to make sure I will not get credit for any of the travelocity nights. Do any of you know if I will get credited.
Again thank you very much. My first error find. This is fun
Old Mar 10, 2007, 5:14 am

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by catstvl
Should I book up until June 23.
Some believe you should only book what you will use. I am one. If you'll be ther 3 weeks, fine. If you will be there a week and leave the room empty 2 weeks, that would take revenue from the hotel and you'd get no benefit either. YMMV.

On occasion, people get HHonors points from other sites. But, it is not the norm.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 6:54 am

Warning: Parking is $25 a day last time I was there. You will not receive any HH points. This is not the first time this hotel had price mistake, they are certainly aware people that booked on this rate. Guess how great your room is going to be.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
rate includes 8 days of parking...NEVER MIND...just tried to book, let me get through the entire booking including credit card number, then got the screen 'this hotel is no longer available for booking. it may have just sold out.'

oh, well.

to the op, make sure you have screen shots and printed confirmations if you've already booked this rate. if you haven't already booked it, i don't think you're going to be able to, sorry.

ummm...that said, anyone interested in this rate might want to consider looking at dates for less time than the op mentioned...

Last edited by karenkay; Mar 10, 2007 at 8:48 am Reason: RATE GONE...or is it?
Old Mar 10, 2007, 9:52 am
Original Poster

After hours of putting my schedule together I just completed the booking process and was given a confirmation number. I booked May31 for 6 nights. I have copies of all the travelocity information and confirmation number. I was even surprised when I saw that the cancellation policy is 4pm 31may07 other dates I chose checked shows non refundable. I have my confirmation number and it states confirmed.
I booked the DBLDBL Deluxe Room for CAD224 with parking for 8 days. My confirmations says
224.00 per night starting with 31May07
0.00 per night starting with 01Jun07
Tax Information
2.28CAD
I was afraid they were going to close it off but I was able to get
my reservation in.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Just went to book another room for a friend and the Hilton Montreal Airport is no longer on travelocity website right now. They must have caught up with their 2 errors(June 1,2,3 for $25 and the park and stay free nights)
I wonder how many people booked thoses error rates.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 1:02 pm

Programs: E35K, Delta SM, AM ADV, Priority Club Plat, SPG Plat, MR *S, GR *E, Hyatt GP, AM
For $9.33 they may give you the utility room for that price. That's hilairous! Good post!
Old Mar 14, 2007, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i booked this rate for a week as well, catstvl, thanks for the find and for posting it. guess we'll have to keep our fingers crossed.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 7:40 am
Original Poster

It is still off their website. I will contact the hotel for confirmation in a few weeks. Have a nice time.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

as an fyi, i contacted hilton and asked them to send me a confirmation of my upcoming montreal stay (without addressing any questions about the rate).

they sent one...with $224 as a daily rate, and a total rate of C$1856 for the week.

i suspect i could have shown up at the hotel w/my printed t*******ity confirmation and made a case of it--and the hotel might well have honored it--but we have other travel planned that month and in this case i think we'll just scrap the trip.

you might have better luck contacting the hotel directly--rather than hilton--and getting an okay to travel from them.

i really *do* think they'd honor the rate if i had just showed up w/the confirmation, but i just didn't feel like having the conversation. it's harder if it's not a pre-paid rate. also, i don't speak french.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 9:37 am

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by karenkay

i really *do* think they'd honor the rate if i had just showed up w/the confirmation, but i just didn't feel like having the conversation. it's harder if it's not a pre-paid rate. also, i don't speak french.
You'd be surprised to the number of employees at that hotel that don't speak french...
Old Mar 19, 2007, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Super Larry
You'd be surprised to the number of employees at that hotel that don't speak french...

really?! i was a bit worried about that, seriously. i do pretty well in most countries (have a between a fair amount and a smattering of a number of languages, plus am fluent in german) but NO french, and i was picturing myself arguing/discussing/negotiating at a huge disadvantage. thanks for the tip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.