[RATE GONE] Le Meridien Khao Lak for 100 Ugandan Shillings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[RATE GONE] Le Meridien Khao Lak for 100 Ugandan Shillings

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by coops
To be honest I think we will be lucky to get away with this one. All hotels have something written in their terms and conditions that allow them to wriggle out of these situations.
I don't see anything in their T&C that allows them even a little wriggle room. In fact everything I see leads me to believe that they have to honor these bookings.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:29 pm

Programs: LH and BA
Originally Posted by rockyp
Just before pulling the trigger on this one, I checked the current exchange rate, just in case an overnight coup caused the Ugandan Shilling to be pegged to the US dollar.

It is pegged I think (1800:1)
Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
E-mail confirmed, MAR 4 to APR 1,
UGX 2475 = $1.35

I can't tell how far out this goes...
someone posted they got one in "summer"...
Anybody get any schilling-promos for Aug-Sep-Oct ??

Last edited by MrHalliday; Dec 4, 2006 at 6:53 am
Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by MrHalliday
UGX 2475 = $1.35

Mr H

I'm not sure of later availability in the year but I do appreciate your terminology of these mistakes
Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
We're Sorry

The system is temporarily unavailable.

I've not been able to get my reservation to complete....it keeps giving me an error..and my stay is in a multiple of 3 so as to make sure that the promo works
Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:52 pm

I booked Sept 1-6, but then I noticed that it's pretty rainy that time of year, so I added Feb 6-11.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:59 pm

In case anyones interested the background to my case is that I already have 3 nights booked in january at normal rates.I have merely bolted on another 3 nights prior to this stay.In theory I could have booked another 3 nights on my orginal booking dates but I have not done this in the interests of fair play.If they honor these bookings then I will indeed have shot myself in the foot(well partly) since my orginal booking can be cancelled anytime up to arrival.

With regard to my cancelled December booking I tried to change it by just a few days,the super deal had be available on these days at $49 dollars previously but was now showing at $70.They did not reply to my change requests and by the time I heard from them after contacting starwood direct the rate had jumped to $120 which they insisted I pay...although they agreed that I could use my orginal charge as a deposit towards the new booking which IMO was more in their interests due to the extra income than in mine. If i had merely just cancelled then they would have kept all of my payment and presumably have sent it to Uganda for all I care.

I am now waiting to see if they play a fair game also...but I doubt it.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 11:02 pm

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
How does one get to Phang Nga? TIA (MrH, you probably know. )
Old Dec 3, 2006, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Renard
I totally agree....all I know is that they did cancel the PS reservations and there are other examples of such 'bad behavior'!
And Hilton, La Quinta, and Priceline were all sued in court and ordered to pay damages due to their "bad" and illegal behavior!^
Old Dec 3, 2006, 11:11 pm

thats a long stay

UGX 2475 = $1.35

I can't tell how far out this goes...
sineone said they got one in "summer"...
Old Dec 3, 2006, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by coops
If this one doesn't work perhaps we should all go and holiday in Uganda....sounds rather cheap to me
It's all relative. I won't mention the country, but I once exchanged a hundred dollar bill into local currency and got a shopping bag full of paper money. I felt rather self-conscious walking down the street with it, but for a fleeting moment it did make me feel like a millionaire. When I got back to my hotel, I actually counted all the bills to make sure I didn't get shortchanged.

Like others have already said, I don't expect this to be honored. Seriously, paying for your oceanfront 2-bedroom deluxe villa in Thailand in Ugandan Shilling with an American credit card... I don't think we'd get much public sympathy, but it might get us an appearance on Jay Leno or David Letterman.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by lakwelone
And Hilton, La Quinta, and Priceline were all sued in court and ordered to pay damages due to their "bad" and illegal behavior!^
Really?

Priceline really did deserve that one. It does peeve me that they don't let us break any of the T&Cs, but the contract is suddenly meaningless if they don't like it.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by rockyp

Like others have already said, I don't expect this to be honored. Seriously, paying for your oceanfront 2-bedroom deluxe villa in Thailand in Ugandan Shilling with an American credit card... I don't think we'd get much public sympathy, but it might get us an appearance on Jay Leno or David Letterman.
I respectfully disagree. How can they possibly not honor this without doing something illegal. They sold something and we bought it. Both them and us agreed to certain terms and conditions (e.g. no cancellations). If they don't like computerised automation and all of its flaws they should scrap their website and hire some people to take bookings the old-fashioned way.

We have a very clear contact that states each party's obligations and responsibilities.

This has to be honored.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 11:29 pm

Breach of contract is not illegal. Someone who breaches a contract has not violated a law of the state. People sound silly saying these matters are illegal.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by martian
This has to be honored.
Care to give odds? There is no such thing as *have* to be honored, as many have found out before. Just think of all the problems with the Sheraton in Maine and that was $20 a night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.