Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[RATE GONE] Priceline.com Misprice for Caesars Palace LV $20 per room!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[RATE GONE] Priceline.com Misprice for Caesars Palace LV $20 per room!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2006, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by mitchell
blindman, I'll be in Las Vegas 10/24-10/27. Let's hookup!

Are you buying? (the beers that is )
Old Oct 19, 2006, 4:54 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
Somewhat:
Classic Guest Room
A Caesars Palace original, Classic guest rooms range in size from 300 - 400 square feet and are found within the Forum, Roman and Centurion towers. Featuring a wealth of standard amenities, these bedchambers exude a cool, only-in-Vegas vibe with your choice of one king or two double beds. Classic guest rooms include a cozy sitting area, wardrobe closet and our signature Caesars-style marble bathroom.

The number of adults is 2, bed style not specified
(i.e. consistent with PL booking terms).

Looks like we get the "only-in-Vegas vibe",
thats the only part I really care about
So they're not honouring the actual reservation then basically?
Old Oct 19, 2006, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Originally Posted by tristan727
So they're not honouring the actual reservation then basically?
Assuming the deluxe room was available to the poster.

I'm not going to kick up too much of a fuss if the room is downgraded, it's still a bargain at $20 a night. I'd prefer not to be downgraded, but it's not going to be a deal breaker.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 6:32 am

Hi, I am Marie-Claire from Europe.
Yesterday I found this great deal and booked 04/28/07 to 04/29/07.
Is there anyone how booked 04/27/07 to 04/28/07 and doesn`t need it anymore???
I am looking for another night.

Thanking you an have fun!
Cheers Marie-Claire
Old Oct 19, 2006, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by USA_flyer
Assuming the deluxe room was available to the poster.

I'm not going to kick up too much of a fuss if the room is downgraded, it's still a bargain at $20 a night. I'd prefer not to be downgraded, but it's not going to be a deal breaker.
'Tis for me possibly - if they decide to renege on what now paid for, I can't say it wouldn't affect my decision on purchasing airfare & taking 2 weeks off work, & travelling 4,000 miles to get there.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 6:53 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
Somewhat:
Classic Guest Room
A Caesars Palace original, Classic guest rooms range in size from 300 - 400 square feet and are found within the Forum, Roman and Centurion towers. Featuring a wealth of standard amenities, these bedchambers exude a cool, only-in-Vegas vibe with your choice of one king or two double beds. Classic guest rooms include a cozy sitting area, wardrobe closet and our signature Caesars-style marble bathroom.

The number of adults is 2, bed style not specified
(i.e. consistent with PL booking terms).

Looks like we get the "only-in-Vegas vibe",
thats the only part I really care about
Wait a minute. We booked Deluxe rooms with King beds!
Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:01 am

Yeah man - I ain't telling my wife that the week after she finishes her final ever medical exam, that we're going to go stay in a cupboard.

It's allright for some here, who seem to be in some kind of semi-retirement mode, hotel-hopping from one error to another permanently (& credit to them ) - but this would be like the 1st deal out of 20 I've ever booked, that have actually taken up, if go.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:10 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Wait a minute. We booked Deluxe rooms with King beds!
You now have the opportunity to be the first to say:
"I am going to sue."
Go for it !
Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah man - I ain't telling my wife that the week after she finishes her final ever medical exam, that we're going to go stay in a cupboard.

It's allright for some here, who seem to be in some kind of semi-retirement mode, hotel-hopping from one error to another permanently (& credit to them ) - but this would be like the 1st deal out of 20 I've ever booked, that have actually taken up, if go.
You're exaggerating. It's still an absolute bargain, I know my wife won't be pleased but she won't throw her toys out of the pram either. From following this forum I can see that downgrading is a common feature of these error rates. Personally, I'd rather have something that nothing especially as I was planning on being in Vegas anyway in a standard room at the Bellagio for $190 a night.

Just drop the check in clerk a $20-$50 and you'll get an upgrade anyway
Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:28 am

One's personal views on it aren't the point anyways - I can't see many of the people here who've bought the various biz or 1st flight deals, being amused ,if were told they had to fly economy. You either honour the deal or don't - not downgrade it & not tell anyone unless they happen to ask.

& I'm not aware of any dowgrading in other deals either - just that sometimes a hotel has negotiated with the customer....none such has occurred here.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:34 am

It's better than nothing.

I have been trying to convince my parents for ages to go to Vegas, and I doublebooked by mistake and so now they will be going, because they see it as a great bargain, and so do I.

Last edited by COOLIO; Oct 19, 2006 at 7:43 am
Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One's personal views on it aren't the point anyways - I can't see many of the people here who've bought the various biz or 1st flight deals, being amused ,if were told they had to fly economy. You either honour the deal or don't - not downgrade it & not tell anyone unless they happen to ask.
So whatcha gunna do?
Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:40 am

Everyone has different views for different reasons.Speaking personally I'm not a gambling man...well not yet anyway...but I'd wager that you will never again get the opportunity to stay at Caesar's for $20 a night..not even in one of their Deluxe kitchen cupboards.

Oh and I've also heard that Vegas itself runs a deluxe hotel room a pretty close second
Old Oct 19, 2006, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by USA_flyer
So whatcha gunna do?
Well kick up a large fuss, obviously.If required.

Originally Posted by COOLIO
It's better than nothing.
Seeing as how they have $300 of mine now, am not so sure of that one.

Anyways, this email just sent to priceline should hopefully clarify matters;

Dear Sir/Madam,
Please could you confirm to me by email, that I have a confirmed, guaranteed & purchased reservation for a deluxe room for this itinery, and my other one - xxx-xxx-xx, as the price was quite low & do not want to encounter any difficulties at check-in, or be offered downgraded accomodation.
Many thanks,
Tristan727

Last edited by tristan727; Oct 19, 2006 at 8:38 am
Old Oct 19, 2006, 8:42 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
NOTICE TO AIRLINE AND HOTEL COMPANIES: Please take note that not everyone on FT is spending their time here trying to take advantage of airline and hotel comanies. And very few of us are dishonest enough to book what we know is an error for the sole purpose of later arguing and trying to get something other than what was originally promised. It just looks that way sometimes when these threads get started. If you look at the other threads in the other forums you will see that many of us are here because: a) we enjoy travel; b) we like to learn about legitimate offers; c) we want to complain about the times that airline and hotel companies aren't living up to their promises. So, don't assume that the worst messages in this type of thread are typical of FT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.