Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[Rate Gone] Conrad Bangkok Presedential Suite $51 on priceline

[Rate Gone] Conrad Bangkok Presedential Suite $51 on priceline

Old Aug 26, 2006, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
awww, why not?
i was just picking up the phone
Old Aug 26, 2006, 7:50 am

Well, I got the PS for $51 and a suite for $16.
Based on my Travelocity Japan experience, I am not going to get super excited about this, but certainly hope they would honor the reservation... Even a regular room at $16 would be nice.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 7:51 am

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Well, I couldn't make it work for my dates, so I guess I will finally have my first cup of coffee for the day.

No complaints, as this is the first time I have missed a deal I could make use of in almost three years on FT. I must be losing my touch.

Thanks for a good find, OP.

Programs: GM
Smile

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Babyjesus, I am checking in the day you check out (22nd). You're not going to request a late check-out, are you? :-)

Hope they will honor this!!!
Actually, I'll be out quite early that morning to catch a 6am flight, so no worries!
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

It is not gone from Priceline.

Please, folks, remember -- there's no point in booking this with Travelocity -- other than obtaining another coupon.

As for Priceline, given the LaQuinta experience -- use different handles for multiple bookings.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 7:53 am

Thanks OP I love you.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Hilton website is showing no availability at this hotel at least for a sampling of dates I tried, I wonder if they're in the process of fixing this.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 7:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by karenkay
GONE from priceline, best i can tell. i'm guessing if you got in early, they'll honor it.

as far as amex travel...since it's 'unconfirmed,' i'm not cancelling my other reservations just yet. but i am crossing my fingers, toes and other appendages
the amex one is unconfirmed at first, but when you hit the purchase button and add your credit card infromation, it confirms the room and rate. you receive an actual Hilton confirmation number, which is better than a a priceline one in this instance. I suspect the hotel will honor the rate, buit not the room type.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 7:56 am
Suspended

I really can't justify a ticket to BKK just to get a great deal on a room (and yes I did find dates I was looking for - sigh!)

If it was $1 ok, but I don't want the hassle of these charges on my card and then have to deal with a refund if I don't go.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 8:08 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Originally Posted by karenkay
GONE from priceline, best i can tell. i'm guessing if you got in early, they'll honor it.
[...]
Just got it from Priceline for early January dates.

Also, since the confirmation e-mail from Priceline does not contain the room type, make sure to print out your travel itinerary as it appears on the website. Might come in handy at some point...

And finally, thanks a lot to the OP !
Old Aug 26, 2006, 8:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by MapleLeaf
I really can't justify a ticket to BKK just to get a great deal on a room (and yes I did find dates I was looking for - sigh!)

If it was $1 ok, but I don't want the hassle of these charges on my card and then have to deal with a refund if I don't go.
I would have to assume no one would fly to Bangkok just because of these hotel rates. I would suspect people taking advantage of these rates already had plans to be in Bangkok, like myself.

With that said, I am not changing my Hyatt reservations until I know for sure the Conrad will honor the rate, even if it is just a regular room.

Finally, I believe priceline does not allow refunds. However, the Amex rate/reservations do not require advance payment. So if you think you will be going to Bangkok, you might want to think about booking on the amex travel website instead of priceline.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 8:09 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
gone

wow , its gone, that was fast.
or are all rooms booked?

dp
Old Aug 26, 2006, 8:15 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by derpelikan
wow , its gone, that was fast.
or are all rooms booked?

dp
It's still there. With dates well into next year. Travelocity is pretty good at pulling these deals within an hour of their FT debut, so it will be gone soon. All too soon...
Old Aug 26, 2006, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by yann
Just got it from Priceline for early January dates.

Also, since the confirmation e-mail from Priceline does not contain the room type, make sure to print out your travel itinerary as it appears on the website. Might come in handy at some point...

And finally, thanks a lot to the OP !

Oh no.. I didn't print out the website page indicating the room type from Priceline. When I try to look up my reservation on Priceline.com, I don't see it there (maybe because it's not a bid?). Hmm..
Old Aug 26, 2006, 8:22 am

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
Originally Posted by MapleLeaf
I really can't justify a ticket to BKK just to get a great deal on a room...
Me too. This is always torture.

Congrats and good luck to all getting in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.