Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Thread for people whose Tokyo/Osaka bookings were NOT cancelled & who ARE traveling

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thread for people whose Tokyo/Osaka bookings were NOT cancelled & who ARE traveling

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
(Whoops, above dates apply to Hilton Tokyo, King Executive)
Old Nov 12, 2005, 10:15 pm

Programs: CO Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by jxtai
I have three re-reconfirmed reservation in Janauray. Do you think I should call them to ask them to rebook my reservations? I am afraid once they cancel my reservations, there will be very hard to rebook again.
If you have a case id, and the case id makes reference to all three reservations that says the reservations will be honored, then I would call. Those are the individuals who appear to be on the safest ground right now. Every other reservation is being cancelled, unless you have a silver tongue.
Old Nov 13, 2005, 3:52 am

Programs: UA
Gleff and Thesilb : What about going for dinner on April 15th?
Old Nov 13, 2005, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by frankytalia
Gleff and Thesilb : What about going for dinner on April 15th?
I might have to leave a little early, but if I'm there - that would be great. Nice idea.
Old Nov 13, 2005, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Indeed!

15th'll be the first night that mrs. gleff and I are there, assuming all goes according to plan that's be great! ^
Old Nov 13, 2005, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by cmdinnyc
If you have a case id, and the case id makes reference to all three reservations that says the reservations will be honored, then I would call. Those are the individuals who appear to be on the safest ground right now. Every other reservation is being cancelled, unless you have a silver tongue.
I have case id for all my reservations and I even have the email said they will honor my re-reconfrimed reservations. How long did it take for your new reservations to appear on your account after you rebooked by their coparate account's credit card ? Still very confusing...sigh.. Everyone besides cmdinnyc called to rebook?
Old Nov 13, 2005, 11:42 am

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Hilton Osaka, Exec King on March 9-13 and Sept 1-4 for me.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by boifromtroy
Hilton Osaka, Exec King on March 9-13 and Sept 1-4 for me.
boifromtroy, got those added - thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2005, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by jxtai
Still very confusing...sigh.. Everyone besides cmdinnyc called to rebook?
I have not called to rebook yet. I haven't heard anything from expedia since I got them to reconfirm my reservation last Tuesday. I have an additional reservation I booked for a friend (under his name) that I did not reconfirm, and I am very eager to see that one honored, as well.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, but likely for not much longer
Success

I reconfirmed initially for Osaka, and my reservations had not been voided. Yet, I was still hesitant to call Expedia and get a final, final word on this. I worked up the nerve today. What a surprise. I got the most friendly and helpful agent I have ever experienced anywhere regarding travel. I was reconfirmed and a supervisor put his/her blessing on it and memorialized everything in my case file. Way to go Expedia! I am now inclined to stick with them for my future business. Thanks to everyone at FT for sharing their experiences and strategies. I'm looking forward to Osaka during Easter and Memorial Day.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SDAA
I reconfirmed initially for Osaka, and my reservations had not been voided. Yet, I was still hesitant to call Expedia and get a final, final word on this. I worked up the nerve today. What a surprise. I got the most friendly and helpful agent I have ever experienced anywhere regarding travel. I was reconfirmed and a supervisor put his/her blessing on it and memorialized everything in my case file. Way to go Expedia! I am now inclined to stick with them for my future business. Thanks to everyone at FT for sharing their experiences and strategies. I'm looking forward to Osaka during Easter and Memorial Day.
SDAA - Nice! What are your dates and room type - I will add you to the confirmed listing in the first post of this thread.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
2 King Executive Rooms for me and my friend 18-24/JUL Tokyo, was smart enough to reconfirm the 2nd room when the USA today article came out and luckily they reaffirmed it, also have since sent them an email asking for the coupon to be removed from my account as I didn't need any further consideration from them as they were honouring both my res. Didn't want them to try and bite me in the butt with that one later somehow.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 12:33 pm

Those of you who are being "reconfirmed":

Are they rebooking you at the correct rate, just adding notes to your res saying you're good to go, or something else? Thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2005, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
If you are going to Osaka here is a nice map of the area around the Hilton:

http://www.tourism.city.osaka.jp/en/...dex_kita.html#

just click "Map" when this page opens.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

I just got off the phone with Greg, a very courteous gentleman at the Expedia emergency 866 number, who triple-confirmed my reservations for me (I had never gotten a "request to call", so I thought I should call in to make certain they would abide by their "we'll abide" email).

He told me:

1. They have cancelled everyone's reservations that they are going to cancel.

2. If your reservation is "alive" in the Expedia system as of now, its good to go. They won't be doing any further cancellations at all.

3. Evidently only some bookings required a "rebooking" at the higher rate to be valid. Others are perfectly fine as-is. Mine fell into the latter category. I didn't get a sense of why it might be one way or the other.

So...if you have "active" reservations, post your dates here - no reason to hold back now - - I'll continue to keep the top post in this thread updated so we can all plan our trips and meet-ups, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.