Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Thread for people whose Tokyo/Osaka bookings were NOT cancelled & who ARE traveling

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thread for people whose Tokyo/Osaka bookings were NOT cancelled & who ARE traveling

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2005, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA
Please add me,

11-14 osaka
14-17 tokyo
Old Nov 12, 2005, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by frankytalia
Please add me,

11-14 osaka
14-17 tokyo
Frankytalia, what month are those for, and what type of rooms? Thanks!
Old Nov 12, 2005, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by thesilb
Frankytalia, what month are those for, and what type of rooms? Thanks!
I'm sorry! That's the fault of the "vino novello" that just came out here in Italy

I'm from 11-14 April in Osaka and 14-17 April in Tokyo, King Executive (hope for an upgrade )
Old Nov 12, 2005, 2:45 pm
formerly known as CARTflagman

Edited because my comments were in bad taste and offended the OP.

CF

Last edited by xFlagger; Nov 12, 2005 at 4:50 pm
Old Nov 12, 2005, 2:50 pm
formerly known as CARTflagman

Edited because my comments offended tenmoc.

CF

Last edited by xFlagger; Nov 12, 2005 at 4:51 pm
Old Nov 12, 2005, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Since CART_Flagman removed his post, I will delete my post which questioned why he would initiate what I viewed as a personal attack. We can all hug now and sing "We Are The World".

Last edited by thesilb; Nov 12, 2005 at 5:02 pm
Old Nov 12, 2005, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
Originally Posted by CART_Flagman
You seem nice, but perhaps your story is more fable than truth. A week ago, these important people you mention above had no intention of going to Japan. Now all of a sudden, they've got non-refundable tickets (coach?) and are relying on you to get through all the red tape of an Expedia fiasco?! I just don't buy it.

CF
Pretty harsh personal attack for no apparent reason.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 4:12 pm

I think all of you are liars. Filthy liars. Is anyone going to be there May 15-25?
Old Nov 12, 2005, 4:25 pm

Programs: CO Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver
I'm confirmed for one night at the Hilton Tokyo from 2/25 - 2/26. Since I didn't explicitly reconfirm my 9/3 - 9/11 Tokyo reservation, Expedia said to kiss off. In their words, since they didn't explicitly reconfirm the second rez, they were within their rights to cancel it.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA GLD; UA 2P; HHonors GLD; SPG
Did Expedia mention the need to rebook? Or can you leave your reservation "as is"? There have been members in the past who called and had Expedia rebook for them using Expedia's corporate credit card as payment. This avoids future complications with Hilton's side of the honoring.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingToFly
Did Expedia mention the need to rebook? Or can you leave your reservation "as is"? There have been members in the past who called and had Expedia rebook for them using Expedia's corporate credit card as payment. This avoids future complications with Hilton's side of the honoring.
They rebooked the itinierary I had re-confirmed, then gave me a spiel that it was within their rights to cancel the second one because my re-confirmation only extended to the first rez, not both. This really strikes me as splitting hairs, though I'm kicking myself for not including the second itinerary in my reconfirmation.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA GLD; UA 2P; HHonors GLD; SPG
Originally Posted by cmdinnyc
They rebooked the itinierary I had re-confirmed, then gave me a spiel that it was within their rights to cancel the second one because my re-confirmation only extended to the first rez, not both. This really strikes me as splitting hairs, though I'm kicking myself for not including the second itinerary in my reconfirmation.
Wow, that really is quite ridiculous. You could call again and argue that since you were told the pricing error would be honored, you assumed it would be honored for the other reservation as well (since the circumstances were identical).
Old Nov 12, 2005, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingToFly
Wow, that really is quite ridiculous. You could call again and argue that since you were told the pricing error would be honored, you assumed it would be honored for the other reservation as well (since the circumstances were identical).
I did, and they said that without a reconfirmation that itinerary is subject to chances, cancellations, could not be honored, blah blah blah. Basically, if that's true, you should never book through Expedia. They made it sound as though no reservation is ever final, unless they really say so.

Last edited by cmdinnyc; Nov 12, 2005 at 9:22 pm
Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by cmdinnyc
I have three re-reconfirmed reservation in Janauray. Do you think I should call them to ask them to rebook my reservations? I am afraid once they cancel my reservations, there will be very hard to rebook again.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I have a reservation that Expedia still insists will be honored and has never suggested otherwise 4/15 - 4/22. Looks like I may check out on 4/19 though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.