Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

HotelSlash "Early Access"

Old Aug 26, 21, 3:09 pm
Company Representative - Autoslash
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth View Post
I am off to Cancun next week. Our hotel is sold out for the Saturday, but I figured I would put it into your system to see what the results would be. About 30 minutes after I entered it, I got an email and it confirmed it was sold out. Do you keep on running this query in the background in case availability opens up? IMO you should, and then once found send a follow up email with a link to the offer. Or in the original email maybe have a confirmation “button” (link) asking if the user wants to keep checking the request to see if space opens up?
We don't currently keep checking but that's certainly something we can look at as an enhancement. Thanks for the suggestion.

Do note that you are welcome to come back to your original quote email anytime you like and click on the link there and we'll re-run the search. I know it's not as seamless as us checking for you in the background, but it's a better option than having to re-enter the request. I guess you could even bookmark the link to the request for easier access.
Old Sep 14, 21, 8:52 am

Anyone following this thread should probably see this thread to sign up and get grandfathered in to no-fee access:

AutoSlash likes this.
Old Nov 11, 21, 11:54 am
jmw

AutoSlash
Just to make sure, I can assume that resort fees are not included and they will ask for more money upon check-in?
Old Nov 11, 21, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmw View Post
AutoSlash
Just to make sure, I can assume that resort fees are not included and they will ask for more money upon check-in?
Resort fees, by nature, are always payable at the hotel. This is the case regardless of where you book. Not all properties charge a resort fee (a.k.a. "destination fee", "amenity charge", "urban experience fee", etc) but when one does, we do disclose it in the terms and conditions at the time of booking.

Hope this helps!
jmw likes this.
Old Nov 17, 21, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash View Post
Resort fees, by nature, are always payable at the hotel. This is the case regardless of where you book. Not all properties charge a resort fee (a.k.a. "destination fee", "amenity charge", "urban experience fee", etc) but when one does, we do disclose it in the terms and conditions at the time of booking.

Hope this helps!
not sure of current Covid-era hotel-aggregator standing. I must point out, however, that some aggregators used to have favorable-to-consumer Resort Fees, i.e. discounted or NIL. While booking same hotel (at no lower price) elsewhere would result in full Resort Fee
Old Nov 17, 21, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2 View Post
not sure of current Covid-era hotel-aggregator standing. I must point out, however, that some aggregators used to have favorable-to-consumer Resort Fees, i.e. discounted or NIL. While booking same hotel (at no lower price) elsewhere would result in full Resort Fee
Yes, in the past, some suppliers have had negotiated rates that waive the resort fee, but these were not that common in the past, and have become increasingly rate these days. It nice when you come across a deal like this, but we wouldn't count on it.
Old Feb 1, 22, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Gold, HH Diamond
Just made some bookings through you guys.

Will the hotel see my reservation before I show up? Or is this prepaid inventory (like a block of rooms a bedbank would take) where the hotel wouldn't know who is staying until I show up with your voucher? Is there a way to get a confirmation number for the hotel chain I'm staying at?

Great rates!

Thanks
Old Feb 1, 22, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by abcx View Post
Just made some bookings through you guys.

Will the hotel see my reservation before I show up? Or is this prepaid inventory (like a block of rooms a bedbank would take) where the hotel wouldn't know who is staying until I show up with your voucher? Is there a way to get a confirmation number for the hotel chain I'm staying at?

Great rates!

Thanks
Thanks for your business. The answer is that it depends. The rooms are blocked immediately upon booking, but sometimes they can take a few days to show up in the hotel's system. In some cases, the name may not be assigned to the room until closer to the check-in date. We work with multiple suppliers, and each one of them may work a bit differently. If you have specific questions about your booking, feel free to email [email protected] and we'll do our best to assist.

Search this Thread