FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   Chances of directly booked mistake rate being honored? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/2026860-chances-directly-booked-mistake-rate-being-honored.html)

Neil Shah Oct 14, 2020 6:32 am

Chances of directly booked mistake rate being honored?

I booked a spectacular deal directly on the Accor website for a stay 2 weeks out. The rate was a half board package with some additional inclusions. The deal was available only on the base room. The rate was clearly mentioned as INR 0 per room and I only needed to pay the minimal tax component for the 3 night stay. I stumbled into it accidentally. I got the confirmation in the email, my booking shows up on the website, but the rate was pulled in about 5 minutes of my booking. My friend wanted to join, but it was back up to usual by then.

So the big question is, what are the odds of the rate being honored? Considering that I booked directly with Accor.

AutoSlash Oct 14, 2020 6:45 am

It's a toss-up. It sounds like this clearly was a mistake rate. Accor may choose to honor it in the name of customer service, or they may have seller's remorse and email you that they've canceled your booking. We've seen both situations. Sometimes, they will make you an offer that is a significantly discounted rate but not nearly as good as the one you booked, which in this case sounds like a base rate of 0.

Your best approach is to book a backup reservation that is refundable and just wait it out. If you don't hear from them in a week or so, your booking is probably going to be honored, but try to have a backup that you can cancel as late as possible to hedge your bets.

Often1 Oct 14, 2020 6:58 am

There is no way to predict what will happen. None.

Thus, the sole question is what to do if it is not.

The local room assigner might notice it as late as the day of check-in and then she might check with her manager who honors it or does not.

ququin2 Oct 14, 2020 10:19 am

I have 2 similar experience in accor hotel, all booking done directly from accor website

the first time, i booked Highest category suite in novotel for $7/nights, i booked a stay for 5 nights prepaid, i did online check in, when arrived in hotel the staff checked me in cant believe the rate i paid but decided to keep quite, when checked out, i gave the reception my key and confirm my room was prepaid and everything settled

second time i booked a suite in ibis styles, $5/nights for 7 nights. When i arrived they could not find my booking in their system, show them my email confirmation, they called to Accor regional HQ, confirm my booking can be seen in HQ system but not in their system, They apologized for the system error, confirm the rate and check me in.

The room i booked in novotel usually is over $100/night, the ibis styles room usually over $60/night.

for experience outside accor hotel, i once booked a over $200/night hotel for $19/night in singapore. The check in guy cant believe my luck and congratulate me for getting such a cheap rate.

A cheap price might mean you struck a good deal, but a $0/night, you might maxed out your luck during booking but i am not so sure during check in.

allbrosca Oct 15, 2020 9:12 am

I booked a suite once at a Novotel for $12 a night including breakfast. It was honoured. I questioned the rate at check out because the clerk was being chatty and friendly. He said it was a great deal and pointed out that the person responsible for it had been fired. I felt a little bad, but I also knew that a lot of people had taken advantage of the rate so it wasn't just me.