FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   Travelzoo Maldives - Reethi Faru (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/2019000-travelzoo-maldives-reethi-faru.html)

SychoSly Jun 4, 2020 11:56 am

Travelzoo Maldives - Reethi Faru

Anyone seen the deal from Travelzoo to the island of Reethi Faru in the Maldives? https://www.travelzoo.com/local-deal...4/Reethi-Faru/

$875 for a week in a garden room.

$1610 for an overwater villa
  • Daily breakfast and dinner
  • One-way airport transfer per person, once per stay
  • One sunset cruise for two
  • Complimentary photo shoot for two, once per stay
  • 15-minute massage per person, once per stay
Thoughts on this deal?

Moorea Jun 4, 2020 12:06 pm

Thanks for posting. In for 7 nights over water - especially because it's fully refundable and has a long time to use. Curious to hear what others think. Not familiar with this resort, although reviews look good. Did find this about the over water villas, though. Might cancel, as when we have stayed in overwater before the main joy is jumping off into the reef.

"The villa (room 522) was huge, well equipped and with an amazing view over the reef. It’s definitely got the wow factor when you walk in. The coral is dead in the reef where the watervillas are but there are are some fish so it’s worth a little snorkel from your room."

benjinito Jun 4, 2020 12:44 pm

I don't know if that's particularly cheap. I'm pulling up their rack rate on Hotels.com and it averages less than $200 in high season.

Jayz_004 Jun 4, 2020 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by benjinito (Post 32429760)
I don't know if that's particularly cheap. I'm pulling up their rack rate on Hotels.com and it averages less than $200 in high season.

But that's just with breakfast right? Add the dinners and airport transfer, I think the savings are decent.

SychoSly Jun 4, 2020 12:50 pm

I feel with the price at $230/nt for overwater villa with what is included that it's an amazing deal. I was looking at their price list for scuba and it is very reasonable as well.

SychoSly Jun 4, 2020 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by benjinito (Post 32429760)

Just checked hotels.com for random dates in January for 7 nights and the rate was $500 - $700 per night for a water villa.

ChateauMargaux Jun 4, 2020 6:41 pm

Anyone booked with Travelzoo before? I'm planning to book this, it's no Park Hyatt, but for that price it's hard to pass up.

MichaelA380 Jun 5, 2020 1:38 am

From personal experience, I would advise against booking with any OTA. I would contact the property and ask for price match.

UAuhoh Jun 5, 2020 1:45 am

Originally Posted by ChateauMargaux (Post 32430638)
Anyone booked with Travelzoo before? I'm planning to book this, it's no Park Hyatt, but for that price it's hard to pass up.

I have booked with Travelzoo a couple dozen times over the years and never had any problems. They have been incredibly responsive with refunding/crediting back any purchases I made during the COVID-19 period. Would not hesitate to purchase from them again.

largeeyes Jun 5, 2020 6:15 am

Overwater villas sold out.

Antking Jun 14, 2020 10:47 am

booked and possible to have voucher transferred?

I booked the 7 night stay over the water looking villa and now I’m thinking of canceling it.

How hard is it to get full refund? Do I nee to explain to them about the reasoning?

Can Travelzoo transfer the voucher to another person instead of cancelling it?

I’m thinking with flight from Canada, excursions, food, drinks, domestic flight, snorkeling, tip ~ around $7000 all in for 2 people.

fieldfreen Jun 17, 2020 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Antking (Post 32455584)
I booked the 7 night stay over the water looking villa and now I’m thinking of canceling it.

How hard is it to get full refund? Do I nee to explain to them about the reasoning?

Can Travelzoo transfer the voucher to another person instead of cancelling it?

I’m thinking with flight from Canada, excursions, food, drinks, domestic flight, snorkeling, tip ~ around $7000 all in for 2 people.

Antking Hi I sent you a PM that'd I'd be interested if you're able to transfer. No worries or pressure just thought I'd check before you cancel. Thanks.

s1362083 Aug 4, 2020 1:40 pm

anyone managed to get a refund for cancelling this? I applied for refund online 15 days ago and received confirmation that it will be back in account in 3-5 days. No sign of the money and emails being ignored.

Moorea Aug 26, 2020 10:20 am

Originally Posted by s1362083 (Post 32581481)
anyone managed to get a refund for cancelling this? I applied for refund online 15 days ago and received confirmation that it will be back in account in 3-5 days. No sign of the money and emails being ignored.

Mine went through in the specified 3-5 days.

s1362083 Aug 26, 2020 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Moorea (Post 32631352)
Mine went through in the specified 3-5 days.

Thanks. Turns out mine did too, I just didn't spot it!