FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   Book within 3 days, travel a year - maybe free (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/2016415-book-within-3-days-travel-year-maybe-free.html)

SinglePapa2 Apr 24, 2020 5:52 am

Book within 3 days, travel a year - maybe free

I'm sure one may find (search Price-ascending) very low pricing going a year out, and maybe string up some near-free days?
https://www.fly4free.com/flight-deal...ion-code-2020/

SK AAR Apr 25, 2020 4:39 am

15 Euro off, but minimum spend EUR 150, so basically up to 10% off. Nowhere near a good deal.

SinglePapa2 Apr 25, 2020 6:25 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 32323326)
15 Euro off, but minimum spend EUR 150, so basically up to 10% off. Nowhere near a good deal.

show me where it says minimum spend

SK AAR Apr 25, 2020 6:51 am

Try make a booking....

The terms for this promo states minimum EUR 150 - at least it did when I searched hotels for Bogota a few hours ago.

NextWhiteDeath Apr 25, 2020 7:47 am

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2 (Post 32323473)
show me where it says minimum spend

When I was trying to use it I went to the boilerplate term and conditions. It was basically from 1 to 28 night. Excludes most chains if not all of them. Min spending of 150 euros and only 35000 coupons could be redeemed with 5 max per account.
Basically the usual Hotels.com promotions of 10% off and limited amounts with many hotels excluded.

maverikbc Apr 27, 2020 3:22 am

SF was featuring with an example booking about the same time F4F featured, so it seemed like Hotels.com Germany forgot to set the minimum spend initially. By the time I went to try, about 24 hours after SF's tweet, I got the error saying the code didn't meet the minimum spend. It didn't seem like an error deal in this climate, so I didn't jump in right away. With minimum €150, good luck to Hotels.com!

Side note, Expedia.ca is currently taking about almost 20 days to refund to credit cards for refundable bookings, opposed to 2-3 days pre pandemic. About 10 days after cancelled, I received an email asking if I would like a voucher with 15% more value instead of refund to credit cards. I didn't go for it, because it seemed like I could use only 1 voucher per reservation, and it didn't seem like I could carry forward residual value.

NextWhiteDeath Apr 27, 2020 4:22 am

Originally Posted by maverikbc (Post 32327765)
SF was featuring with an example booking about the same time F4F featured, so it seemed like Hotels.com Germany forgot to set the minimum spend initially. By the time I went to try, about 24 hours after SF's tweet, I got the error saying the code didn't meet the minimum spend. It didn't seem like an error deal in this climate, so I didn't jump in right away. With minimum €150, good luck to Hotels.com!

Side note, Expedia.ca is currently taking about almost 20 days to refund to credit cards for refundable bookings, opposed to 2-3 days pre pandemic. About 10 days after cancelled, I received an email asking if I would like a voucher with 15% more value instead of refund to credit cards. I didn't go for it, because it seemed like I could use only 1 voucher per reservation, and it didn't seem like I could carry forward residual value.

I feel like we shouldn't have expected Hotel.com to have an interesting promotion. Every promotion I have seen from them is a variation on up to 10% off or something they go for 20%
On the Expedia point. Some of that extended refund period is most likely from the amount being processed. This most likely is intensified with some hotel dragging there feet as well. With all the term and condition rarely are the vouchers worth it. I would like to know how much the amount of voucher issued increase because of the 15%. I feel like the people who are ok with those terms would have taken the voucher anyway.