Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt New York $99

Grand Hyatt New York $99

Old Sep 9, 19, 2:10 pm
  #1  
Used to be highman123
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,650
Grand Hyatt New York $99



- Sunday - Funday - count me in!

https://www.hyatt.com/shop/nycgh?new...&rate=Standard
MightyTravels is offline  
Old Sep 9, 19, 2:42 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barcelona, London, on a plane
Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 7,194
Are reservations actually confirming / being honoured?

I've seen this glitch but it's supposed to be a 2-night minimum stay, yet the $99 rate only appears on Sundays for one night only.
craigthemif is offline  
Old Sep 9, 19, 8:18 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Programs: Alaska
Posts: 387
Corner Suites available in December for $149. plus almost $60 fee and tax.
freed0m is offline  
Old Sep 20, 19, 7:35 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 44
Originally Posted by freed0m View Post
Corner Suites available in December for $149. plus almost $60 fee and tax.
Which date(s) did you find this price for?
Jaytee1 is offline  
Old Oct 7, 19, 3:55 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Danville, CA, USA;
Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, Marriott LT Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Plat Amb
Posts: 12,025
I'm not a big fan of the GH but at that price I can be! Too bad about the fraudulent "destination fee" but I suspect its days are numbered
Boraxo is offline  
Old Oct 7, 19, 3:58 pm
  #6  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 83,707
Originally Posted by freed0m View Post
Corner Suites available in December for $149. plus almost $60 fee and tax.
If booked through Hyatt (including the $99 rate shown above), Globs should be exempt from resort/destination fees.

This is a great way for those located near NYC to grab a few more nights cheaply and also get the double points currently offered through mid-December.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Oct 8, 19, 9:20 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 285
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
If booked through Hyatt (including the $99 rate shown above), Globs should be exempt from resort/destination fees.

This is a great way for those located near NYC to grab a few more nights cheaply and also get the double points currently offered through mid-December.
Is it prepaid or cancelable?
ricepaddy2 is offline  
Old Oct 12, 19, 10:56 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Atlanta Metro
Programs: DL Gold Medallion, AA, UA, BA, Hhonors Gold
Posts: 1,250
I would be interested in a trip report from recent visitors to this property. It's closing in 2022; I'm thinking they're probably not bothering to update or refresh anything, so it may be looking pretty tattered and frayed. I think this is also why these low rates have started appearing there.
hotturnip is offline  
Old Oct 12, 19, 11:34 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott/SPG Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 4,466
Originally Posted by hotturnip View Post
I would be interested in a trip report from recent visitors to this property. It's closing in 2022; I'm thinking they're probably not bothering to update or refresh anything, so it may be looking pretty tattered and frayed. I think this is also why these low rates have started appearing there.
You would be best served by reading the posts here
Grand Hyatt NYC REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Adam1222 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread