Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

2x bookings for 1x stay

2x bookings for 1x stay

Old May 19, 19, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
2x bookings for 1x stay

Looking at a stay at a Ritz Carlton hotel.. I've got a hotels.com free night to use, but the best rate is direct with the hotel.

Can I book 1x night with hotels.com and 7x nights direct with the hotel (consecutively), for the same room category, and safely expect them to not turf us out of our room?
Old May 19, 19, 6:25 am

First time here? Unsure what should be posted in this forum? READ ME!

Question: I don't have a deal to post but am looking for a deal. Should I post my request here?

No. The Hotel Deals forum is not the right place to inquire about the best rate at a specific property or to find out "Where should I stay in Paris?" Please visit the appropriate geographic, hotel chain, or Information Desk forum to post requests for assistance or advice.
Adam1222 likes this.
Old May 20, 19, 4:38 am

Programs: United Gold, BA Exec Club, Via Rail
That is correct. This forum is strictly for discussing hotel mis-pricings and low-rates worthwhile to conduct a mattress run to accrue status/points on the relevant hotel loyalty programmes. That being said, I will answer OP's question and would advise a MOD to move this to the relevant forum

Originally Posted by bmj1 View Post
Looking at a stay at a Ritz Carlton hotel.. I've got a hotels.com free night to use, but the best rate is direct with the hotel.

Can I book 1x night with hotels.com and 7x nights direct with the hotel (consecutively), for the same room category, and safely expect them to not turf us out of our room?
That decision is entirely within the discretion of the front desk/manager on duty. I've been at some hotels where they were fine "merging" two separate reservations into one and giving me the room for my entire stay, and have had others require me to check out, wait for check-in to open and check back in. Your best bet for increasing the odds of the former would be ensuring you book the same type of room on each reservation, that the name on the reservations is the same and checking in early to ensure you have the greatest available inventory to match your needs.

Hope that provides some guidance!

Search this Thread