Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

$150+ Ritz Carlton - Washington DC (Pentagon/Tysons Corner)

Old May 2, 19, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

I just booked the Ritz Carlton at Pentagon City for a weekend $165/night. I am seeing $150-165 rates for Pentagon City (Category 6) and Tysons Corner (Category 5) for dates in May, June, July. Some executive suites are ~$300/night.

BTW is this considered a decent deal? I haven't seen Ritz Carlton rates below $200 before. I am also able to stack Double Points earning since I am staying the first weekend of June (promotion ends June 4). Considering to use 2 of my annual suite upgrades as well.

Last edited by rubey419; May 2, 19 at 10:29 pm
Old May 2, 19, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Hertz PC , Marriott Platinum + Ambassador
I stay there at the RC Pentagon City quite a bit. The lowest Iíve ever seen it was at $118/nt but that was the week before Christmas when everyone from Pentagon/Congress was gone. The price youíre getting is fantastic for DC and especially an RC. May 15th when Iím back they said they were oversold by 21 rooms - the price for a room that night was $5k. Only the Presidential Suite apparently. I like that hotel because the Metro is right under it and there is a mall connected to it. You probably wonít get an upgrade - but you might on a weekend. This is a business travelers hotel and I think theyíll take what they can get on the weekend it seems.
Old May 3, 19, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post
I stay there at the RC Pentagon City quite a bit. The lowest Iíve ever seen it was at $118/nt but that was the week before Christmas when everyone from Pentagon/Congress was gone. The price youíre getting is fantastic for DC and especially an RC. May 15th when Iím back they said they were oversold by 21 rooms - the price for a room that night was $5k. Only the Presidential Suite apparently. I like that hotel because the Metro is right under it and there is a mall connected to it. You probably wonít get an upgrade - but you might on a weekend. This is a business travelers hotel and I think theyíll take what they can get on the weekend it seems.
Nice, $118 at RC Pentagon is a steal! And makes sense the rate is affected by govt/corp travel. No wonder I was also seeing $255/night at the RC in downtown DC during July 4th week....is that considered a great deal as well? Lowest I've seen for a Category 7 but I am relatively new to hunting for deals. Was tempted for another weekend trip in DC!

Didn't even think about the Metro under Pentagon, would be very convenient for getting around. I have't toured around DC for years so will be a fun weekend. Hopefully will get a suite!
Old May 6, 19, 9:46 am

Programs: BA 2V UA SPG
As mentioned, hotel rates tend to be lower when Congress is out of town. Not only are the 535 Congresscritters gone, but a lot of conferences include lobbying visits. So those looking for a cheaper time to visit might want to glance at the calendar:
https://www.congress.gov/resources/d...+and+Schedules

They're always away the week of July 4, but that's a peak week for leisure visitors. The best bets for hotel deals are August (though the weather is gross) and December (which is pretty great!).
Old May 12, 19, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, Marriott LT Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Plat Amb
That is an excellent rate. Be sure to check the packages as well if you want breakfast and parking, as the upcharge is minimal. We very much enjoyed our stays at both hotels and highly recommend. Tysons has nicer restaurants in the attached mall but Pentagon City is closer to downtown DC.
Old May 18, 19, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by paytonc View Post

They're always away the week of July 4, but that's a peak week for leisure visitors. The best bets for hotel deals are August (though the weather is gross) and December (which is pretty great!).
Correction: In the August, the weather is vile and disgusting and an affront to humankind.

Search this Thread