Wiki Posts
Search

Wyndham Grand Yangon: US$52-62++ late May till 30/9

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
Wyndham Grand Yangon: US$52-62++ late May till 30/9

The latest addition to the RGN 5* scene opened in January. I just missed its opening when I was there in December. Why I posted this: 5* RGN properties typically start at $100 and go up from there and are typically...older. I got a special solo rate @ the Chatrium for $82++. While facilities and service were great, I was struck by how dated the rooms felt. The furnishings were well-kept but old, and the layout was not "it's 2019 and I have multiple chargeable devices" friendly.

This looks like an interesting option. In-property dining options are relatively limited for an Asian 5* (bar, poolside drinks, main buffet, Thai restaurant), but the hotel is part of a larger mixed use/shopping mall development, so guests have stumble-out-of-bed access to those amenities.

I was able to secure a rate of $56 (incl breakfast for 2) on hotels.com. B&B rates seem to be $4 more than room only. For what is on offer, that seems...attractive.

Notable facilities: large pool, shuttle service to various points of interest.

Hotel website

Dates @ these rates from late May to end of September.
MKBshaw likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:13 am

Thanks! Great price

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.