FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   StayVancouverHotels (ex-"BeVancouver") up to $125 off for stays until April 30, 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/1950985-stayvancouverhotels-ex-bevancouver-up-125-off-stays-until-april-30-2019-a.html)

BenSenise Jan 14, 2019 12:14 pm

StayVancouverHotels (ex-"BeVancouver") up to $125 off for stays until April 30, 2019

BeVancouver has returned with a new name. It is now called StayVancouverHotels and offers hotel bookings that include pre-paid Amex gift cards of up to $125 when you check-in. I've looked at a few deals and it seems like there's something for everyone. Budget hotels like the Sandman can get down to around $50 (not including parking) after the $75 gift card and the high-end hotels get the full $125 off which is not bad.

https://www.stayvancouverhotels.com/
The Deal:
Get AMEX Reward Cards worth: $50, $75, $100 or $125 per booking! PLUS $50 for every subsequent night booked!

How to Get It:
1) Use the promo code “AMEX”
2) Pick your dates
3) Select a hotel and room
4) Book your stay
5) You’re done!

The Details:
• Book through StayVancouverHotels.com using promo code “AMEX”.
• Booking subsequent nights as separate reservations will be treated the same as a single reservation for multiple nights.
• The first night qualifies for the full reward amount plus $50 per subsequent night.
• Stay must be between now and April 30, 2019.
• Three bookings maximum.
• Amex card(s) will be delivered at check-in.
• Bookings can be made using VISA, MasterCard, or American Express.
• This offer is limited and may end at any time.
• Non-cancellable promotion.
• StayVancouverHotels.com Terms & Conditions Apply.

ristasm Jan 14, 2019 12:35 pm

Thanks! Nice timing as i'm bound for YVR tomorrow so i just cancelled my reservation and made a new one trough this portal :) Can you earn points at Marriott if you booked trough this portal?

BenSenise Jan 14, 2019 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by ristasm (Post 30653940)
Can you earn points at Marriott if you booked trough this portal?

no, nor will you get status benefits or stay credits. but if you're saving a bundle then it might be worth it.

ristasm Jan 14, 2019 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by BenSenise (Post 30655300)
no, nor will you get status benefits or stay credits. but if you're saving a bundle then it might be worth it.

Exactly, saved 150$ off 440$ guess it's better then getting Marriott points and there aren't any benefits for elite members in Residence inn anyway :)

MSPeconomist Jan 21, 2019 5:58 pm

How does the $50 per subsequent night work? Does this mean that a luxury hotel would be $125 credit for the first night and $50 for each additional night, paid as AmEx gift cards? I'm surprised that this isn't set up as a property credit for F&B, spa, etc. but apparently the prepaid requirement prevents people from using the gift cards against the room rate.

BenSenise Jan 21, 2019 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30683675)
Does this mean that a luxury hotel would be $125 credit for the first night and $50 for each additional night, paid as AmEx gift cards?

that is my understanding.

aviationp Jan 21, 2019 11:15 pm

I've typically received elite night stay, benefits and credit while staying on this rate.

BenSenise Jan 22, 2019 11:30 am

Originally Posted by aviationp (Post 30684495)
I've typically received elite night stay, benefits and credit while staying on this rate.

last year i stayed at the westin bayshore and did not receive night/stay credits although the front desk agent gave us a nice view room.

would you mind sharing what hotel you stayed at? or at least the chain?

aviationp Jan 24, 2019 7:51 pm

I've stayed at Pan Pacific, Fairmont, Sheraton and Westin Grand with this promotion. Sheraton even advertised it as a promotion on their website.

MasterGeek Jan 27, 2019 12:40 pm

So if I book a two nights stay, I get between $50 to $125 depending on hotel category for the stay AND $50 for the second night ?

BenSenise Jan 27, 2019 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by MasterGeek (Post 30707001)
So if I book a two nights stay, I get between $50 to $125 depending on hotel category for the stay AND $50 for the second night ?

correct.

azepine00 Jan 28, 2019 10:13 pm

So in practice which hotels honored elite perks (and perhaps stay credit) on this promo? Starriott is of particular interest..

LAX784 Jan 29, 2019 7:47 pm

I think the gift cards are CAD and not USD, at least they were so in the past.

eponymous_coward Jan 31, 2019 4:32 pm

I got stay credit and points from IHG on a stay at the Holiday Inn on Howe through this promo. Rather handy since it helped me make progress on the current IHG promo.

BenSenise Jan 31, 2019 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward (Post 30725296)
I got stay credit and points from IHG on a stay at the Holiday Inn on Howe through this promo. Rather handy since it helped me make progress on the current IHG promo.

thanks for that. i'll be staying there at the end of feb.
i usually stay at the sheraton wall center a few blocks away but the price difference made it tough to justify.