Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate 2018 - 2019 Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MileageAddict
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE Hhonors-G IHG-P

Dear anyone have recent experience using the rate at the Radisson Longyearbyen?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Just noticed that when going to book a FF rate night the wording has changed to

"Before booking this rate, please note that the eligible Team Member must book rate using a brand or Radisson Hotel Group email address and the reservation should be forwarded to the friend/family member. If booked by friend or family member, a Friends & Family Rate Booking Form must be completed and signed by the eligible Team member and presented at the time of check-in by the friend or family member, along with a picture ID (driver's license, state ID, etc.). The form is available via Connect, RezPortal or from your Human Resources Department."
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Finally people that are really entitled to this rate (including me) will find more availability again in the more polar hotels/destinations ;-))
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:57 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Originally Posted by Delectatio
Finally people that are really entitled to this rate (including me) will find more availability again in the more polar hotels/destinations ;-))

Agreed, however my friend may get fed up having to personally book the travel plans for all his family and friends.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by xcalx
Just noticed that when going to book a FF rate night the wording has changed to

"Before booking this rate, please note that the eligible Team Member must book rate using a brand or Radisson Hotel Group email address and the reservation should be forwarded to the friend/family member. If booked by friend or family member, a Friends & Family Rate Booking Form must be completed and signed by the eligible Team member and presented at the time of check-in by the friend or family member, along with a picture ID (driver's license, state ID, etc.). The form is available via Connect, RezPortal or from your Human Resources Department."
What that means is that Radisson is not interested in people booking this rate anymore. They knew
what was going on over the years but were allowing it to fill the rooms. Looks like they do not need these
customers any more. It is a brilliant way to throttle the supply of excess inventory. If they have unfilled rooms,
I expect to have this pre-condition relaxed again later....
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:16 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Delectatio
The above sounds like wishful thinking for me.

I expect that the impact at the best Carlson properties during the best times of the year for a visit will be this: anything but materially more availability. Even as I wish it would be otherwise.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:19 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by xcalx
Agreed, however my friend may get fed up having to personally book the travel plans for all his family and friends.
He may not need to. A copy of the largely completed form along with the employee’s GE card works just fine for multiple bookings.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:50 pm

seems CARLSONF has expired...
Old Mar 9, 2018, 5:34 pm

It was a hell of a run
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:41 pm

They've started cracking down on reservations made prior to the change:

Thank you for your booking below with the Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel XXX, we note your booking has been made on the Family & Friend rate as per rate rules, this rate is for leisure travel purposes only and is provided on room only basis, can we please confirm these bookings are indeed for a vacation.

Furthermore, when booking this rate, a pop-up notice would have appeared requesting you to provide details of the employee name, work location and work e-mail address of family/friend member within our hotel group. These details were not provided via the comment field, kindly confirm to verify your eligibility, and secure your booking.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: too many
use TVLAGENT instead, 50% off...
Old Mar 23, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by ng1265
use TVLAGENT instead, 50% off...
And be prepared to show your IATA/CLIA card at checkin, especially at the Radisson Blu Prado location. If you don’t have it you will not get the rate. Very risky advising this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 6:27 pm

So there's no new FNF code?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:42 am

Yes, there is a new one.
RHGRFNF

But read the terms. it required booking with the carlson's employee email, also it requiring a form that available in their internal network. I wouldn't try to book with this code.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by machinehead
Yes, there is a new one.
RHGRFNF

But read the terms. it required booking with the carlson's employee email, also it requiring a form that available in their internal network. I wouldn't try to book with this code.
There is no more -25% discount on food and beverage in hotel (

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.