Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2018 deals

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
The scam charade is finally over, you can now relax...
boxo and RollAnotherFatOne like this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by nk15
The scam charade is finally over, you can now relax...
I was so bored with the impossibility of it all, I napped in and around 3 of the hour times. I was thinking how Expedia could make it better, fairer. Set each code to be valid at random intervals throughout the hour? Anyone here redeem a code today? And btw, the $100 off $1000+ was so ridiculous. Oh, and why did anyone use the 10% off hotels when other OTAs were/are offering better? Expedia status hounds?
RollAnotherFatOne likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Americania Hotel San Francisco (former Best Western)

33% off code: HOLIDAY [book by Dec3, stay by Dec 29]

https://reservations.travelclick.com...guestsandrooms
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:59 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by boxo
Now refreshing every 6 hours. It just turned over to $20 off Express Deals 4*+, no minimum, but limited to 500 redemptions. Code: 9GG6X72DZ5

The 10% code for Express Deals hotels or regular rental cars is still available at all times. Code: 7YZ9AC9ES9
Sometimes it's easier to grab the low-hanging fruit and be done with it. The final Priceline deal of the day was $25 off a 4*, and I gambled and broke my stay into 4 individual one-night reservations. The same code worked 4 times on a $65 a night Express Deal ($40/night versus $143/night directly on the hotel's website).

I also ran it through eBates, but my success in getting eBates money back through Priceline is about 10%.
boxo likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tino
Sometimes it's easier to grab the low-hanging fruit and be done with it. The final Priceline deal of the day was $25 off a 4*, and I gambled and broke my stay into 4 individual one-night reservations. The same code worked 4 times on a $65 a night Express Deal ($40/night versus $143/night directly on the hotel's website).

I also ran it through eBates, but my success in getting eBates money back through Priceline is about 10%.
So true. I kept the browser tab open, but forgot to check it every hour. I finally remembered toward the end when it showed $50 off Express Deals with no minimum cost or star level, but was already maxed out. I had Expedia's "app only" on my brain and it wasn't until I was well done booking a LHR one-nighter with the $25 off 4*+ code, it dawned on me I could have booked through a cashback portal on desktop. Sigh.

Excellent strategy breaking your stay up into individual nights. ^
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:25 am

Thanks, guys!
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:43 am

I wasn't able to take advantage of any Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals, but I was successful in using the 90% off Expedia App deal for Hotels that was going on a few minutes ago. It probably helped that it was a fairly limited promotion (had to travel by Jan 5th). I actually didn't book it until a couple minutes after the promo started so I was shocked it even went through.
on22cz likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by redtigeriii
I wasn't able to take advantage of any Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals, but I was successful in using the 90% off Expedia App deal for Hotels that was going on a few minutes ago. It probably helped that it was a fairly limited promotion (had to travel by Jan 5th). I actually didn't book it until a couple minutes after the promo started so I was shocked it even went through.
what time was code released, and what did u pay out-of-pocket?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:39 pm

It started at 9am pacific time. Most chain hotels excluded. My out of pocket was just over $100 since the promo code wasn't applicable to taxes and fees, only the base rate. The taxes and fees were higher than the base rate after the coupon applied. But I'm still pleased as this was over new years eve, with higher prices than average because of the holiday.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:32 pm

Location: CTU/TFU(Chengdu, Sichuan, China) - MIG (Mianyang, Sichuan, China) - EWR/JFK/LGA/HPN (Great New York City Metro Area, NY, USA) - HVN/BDL (New Haven/Hartford, CT, USA)
Programs: UA 1MM/F9 Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Gold; IHG Platinum; Choice Privileges Platinum
After applying the $100 off promotion code on expedia's apps, expedia showed the air fare total to be $100 less than the original quote but the airline's website (United) and the credit card pending charge showed the original price (expedia summary + $100). i wonder how expedia is going to handle this $100 credit - reimbursement into the credit card or a coupon later?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Should be a $100 reimbursement as per T&C of the coupon
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Why are you only posting about this deal - also pointing out how easy it was to make use of it - after it ended?

Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:22 pm

I was comparing it to a similar 90% Expedia promotion that happened over Black Friday (thus posting in this thread), that was riddled with issues and was basically gone instantly. I expected this one to be the same, and was surprised that it actually worked without any issues even a few minutes after the start time. I don't know how long it was active but I'm seeing a lot of reports of people who were able to use it.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:30 pm

so is $100off air still working? Not sure HOW to make a killer out of it though (even 100off say $215 is a so-so score in the bigger picture)
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA Exp
I was comparing it to a similar 90% Expedia promotion that happened over Black Friday (thus posting in this thread), that was riddled with issues and was basically gone instantly. I expected this one to be the same, and was surprised that it actually worked without any issues even a few minutes after the start time. I don't know how long it was active but I'm seeing a lot of reports of people who were able to use it.
Happy for you that you got a good deal, but would appreciate it if you could give a heads up in advance next time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.