Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2018 deals

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Tropicana Las Vegas (a Doubletree) https://www.troplv.com/booking/dates...romocode=CYBER

30% off one night or 40% two+ nights, code: CYBER

No book by date is listed, and the stay period says till Feb 8, while the webpage says Feb 13. 48-hour cancellation. Resort fees apply.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
odd that expedia isn’t showing a preview of the cyber monday 90% off properties yet. they usually at least have the cities posted by now. that being said, i’ll probably still waste my time checking before the top of every hour this afternoon.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by riphamilton
odd that expedia isn’t showing a preview of the cyber monday 90% off properties yet. they usually at least have the cities posted by now. that being said, i’ll probably still waste my time checking before the top of every hour this afternoon.
I think they're there. Did you scroll past the app download section. Looks like the properties are the same as Black Friday with a few extras added.

https://www.expedia.com/g/rg/black-f...-monday-global
Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by boxo
I think they're there. Did you scroll past the app download section. Looks like the properties are the same as Black Friday with a few extras added.

I am confused, there are 4000 properties there, so these are all eligible, and specifically those? In the past years they would only have 5 hotels per hour.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nk15
I am confused, there are 4000 properties there, so these are all eligible, and specifically those? In the past years they would only have 5 hotels per hour.
I'm confused too. Weren't these basically the same properties, in the same position on the webpage, the same as valid for the Black Friday codes? I dunno.

Thinking back to last year, I stumbled on the entire Expedia deal by accident, but ended up getting Chicago at 50% off... anyway, GOOD LUCK to anyone here who tries!
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:10 am

i can't believe how bad this year's hotel list is. I'm not sure if i remember things differently or Expedia has made it worse this year. The selections were way better before. Today at 9am, is the 18 hotels the entire list that the 90% off coupon is eligible?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
hmm, so will the expedia coupon be only for the 18 properties currently on the site throughout the day? and then a new code for them is generated each hour?

definitely not how they used to do things.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:43 am

Yeah, not a great list for the Expedia.ca offer but I did get MGM Grand spa tower suite for Super Bowl weekend at 90% off. Better than the room and party offer I had from Bally's.
riphamilton likes this.

Last edited by trajanc; Nov 26, 2018 at 10:43 am Reason: sp
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by riphamilton

definitely not how they used to do things.
How was it run in the past? What has changed?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:10 am

How was it run in the past? What has changed?
one hotel every hour, 90% off. dates were a lot more wide open than the current offer. it was almost impossible to book because it sold out so quickly. if not the property itself, there was a list of the city that would be available each hour. i snagged the moana surfrider one year, and then a solid boston hotel the year after.

the best cyber monday deal was orbitz's visa checkout deal in 2014. $100 off any property that accepted orbitz coupons, and you could make multiple reservations. i spent a week in a great B+B in new hampshire for like $20.
boxo likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Orbitz 17% off code: MONDAY17 [book by today 10pm CT, stay by June 30]
Old Nov 26, 2018, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I keep getting "code not valid" even though it is the correct code, an included hotel, and within the given timeframe. Does it mean the code expired?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nk15
I keep getting "code not valid" even though it is the correct code, an included hotel, and within the given timeframe. Does it mean the code expired?
Which OTA promo?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which OTA promo?
expedia 90%, but then I realized that the hotel was removed from the list below but was still in the t&c list...Anyway, this is a very disorganized offering and a list of third rate bedbug-ridden overpriced hotels, such a waste of time today...
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:15 pm

am I looking at the correct total list like a dozen hotels world-wide? Zero offer for Florida hotels?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.