Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2018 deals

Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2018 deals

Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by nk15
Another brutal year, the international Expedia coupons are gone in less than 4 seconds...I put the code in, it takes it, and milliseconds later hitting the purchase button it says coupon expired...Just brutal...
Same with nz, au, JP, HK, in, and .com.

With no success DP this year, I come to think Expedia promos worldwide are just gimmicks.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:11 am

Are they issuing more through the day like they did last year?
I think everyone is right, I tried hard this year and the last couple of years but they are sort of a gimmick.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by CyblocGirl
Are they issuing more through the day like they did last year?
Doesn't seem so If a certain hotel deals site is to be believed, Monday offers will be refreshed hourly Noon-6pm EST
Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Same here - I refreshed and refreshed and refreshed and the yellow codes text never showed on the page until the 75%s were all redeemed.

I tried a BUNDLE500 dummy booking for Mediterranean Inn Seattle March 21-26 (before the March 31 cutoff date) and there was no coupon code box to click open, so I tried the Dec 7-9 dates listed on the promo page and voila, the code box was there. That particular package is listed at $318 pp, which makes no sense for a $1000 minimum booking requirement.

As frustrating as this promo is, Expedia at least makes BF/CM fun compared to all the other borrrrring OTAs and their meager percentage coupons.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I came close to getting a 75% deal but had a card mix up. This is nerve racking, though, and it would be worse on Monday with the hourly refreshes. I did get a 50% deal last year though that was decent, so I have mixed feelings about this...
Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Priceline is refreshing codes every 2 hours. It's currently offering $25 off $250+ Express Deals car rentals and a 10% code to use on regular car rentalsor Express Deals hotels (discounts capped at $50).

https://www.priceline.com/partner/email/holidaysale
Old Nov 23, 2018, 1:03 pm

I came close to getting a 75% deal but had a card mix up. This is nerve racking, though, and it would be worse on Monday with the hourly refreshes. I did get a 50% deal last year though that was decent, so I have mixed feelings about this...
I also had the 75% code applied and taken. But the checkout on the mobile app sucks. It errored out on the last step without explanation. Then the code expired. The whole thing is within 10seconds. I'm not sure if your card mixed up situation is similar to mine. I had the right card and all right information but card didn't go through. Still not sure if it is by checking out the code has already expired or the app bug.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vanessatravel
I also had the 75% code applied and taken. But the checkout on the mobile app sucks. It errored out on the last step without explanation. Then the code expired. The whole thing is within 10seconds. I'm not sure if your card mixed up situation is similar to mine. I had the right card and all right information but card didn't go through. Still not sure if it is by checking out the code has already expired or the app bug.
I think we had the same problem, the card didn't go through, but should have. I did mine on the laptop, much faster and no more than 4 sec, but still fail...
Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
The Fairmont 40% off deal is pretty good (part of Accor now I think) as they have some nice properties including major cities, resorts, etc. Very unimpressed with the others.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
I had no problems using the Expedia -75% code and snagged 4 nights with breakfast at the Shangri La in Bangkok. I was refreshing constantly and typed it into my cell straightaway...
boxo likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hotels.com, I did my second day ticket scratch-off and I was greeted with this, lol. Let that be a warning to all of you kids out there:
Congrats!Save 0% with coupon code:
boxo, orbitmic, Adam1222 and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by DAV2355711
I had no problems using the Expedia -75% code and snagged 4 nights with breakfast at the Shangri La in Bangkok. I was refreshing constantly and typed it into my cell straightaway...
Congrats first! How did you find out this one is eligible? Doesn't seem like this one is listed in the hotel list. And i thought majority of the chain hotels don't take the coupon. Thanks!
Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:29 pm

Got this in my email box

KKday is a travel e-commerce platform that specializes in local in-destination tours, tickets and activities. We connect travelers with 10,000+ experiences from 80+ countries and 500+ cities. Our biggest sale in history starts now!

Buy 1 Get 1 FREE: No promo code. Just choose the B1G1 FREE package
1. KKday Express Shuttle Bus: Taipei 101 Observation Deck - National Palace Museum
2. Leofoo Village Theme Park Admission Ticket

50% OFF promo code: KKDAYFR50
1. Japan Unlimited 4G Portable Wi-Fi Rental
2. South Korea Unlimited 4G/LTE KT Olleh SIM Card

30% OFF promo code: KKDAYFR30
1. Sydney Taronga Zoo Ticket
2. Day Tour from Tokyo: Mt. Fuji, Hakone Pirate Ship, and Gotemba Premium Outlet

Use promo code at checkout
. Booking date: before 19th December, 2018
. Go date: before 31st January, 2019
. The promo code can be used more than once
. Limited offer: first come, first served!
Check out more special offers and discounts at KKday
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by boxo
Priceline is refreshing codes every 2 hours. It's currently offering $25 off $250+ Express Deals car rentals and a 10% code to use on regular car rentalsor Express Deals hotels (discounts capped at $50).

https://www.priceline.com/partner/email/holidaysale
Now refreshing every 6 hours. It just turned over to $20 off Express Deals 4*+, no minimum, but limited to 500 redemptions. Code: 9GG6X72DZ5

The 10% code for Express Deals hotels or regular rental cars is still available at all times. Code: 7YZ9AC9ES9
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:22 am

Hotels.com, I did my second day ticket scratch-off and I was greeted with this, lol. Let that be a warning to all of you kids out there:
Congrats!Save 0% with coupon code:
I think they're all exhausted by now. with the hotels.com promo you could just view source and keep refreshing the page until a 99% off code appeared.
boxo likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.