Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Expedia Rate for Casa de Campo: All-inclusive Same as Breakfast Only?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

When searching this afternoon for a resort vacation for later in August, I stumbled upon an incredible rate for Casa de Campo, a luxury resort in La Romana, Dominican Republic. The room-only rate was $86 CAD, but the breakfast-included AND all-inclusive rates were identical: $173 CAD for a ground floor room, and $198 CAD for a balcony room.

I booked it and paid the amount in full (cancellable up until 2 days prior to arrival). My question is, should I double check with Expedia and/or Casa de Campo to make sure my rate is valid? I don’t want to set off any alarms, but I also don’t want to arrive there to find Expedia made a mistake and CDC won’t honour it.

WWYD?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Thats a screaming deal. I would take plenty of screenshots, and make sure I took my printed confirmation with me. It is not like there is a grey area, it clearly says AI. The only problem I see, is on the right when you actually book it and put in your credit card number, it does not say AI, same with the breakfast only, says nothing about breakfast. What does it say on your email confirmation? I always always always call the hotel and confirm my stay, so I when I did that I would probably ask them to confirm the AI part.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

The email confirmation shows “all-inclusive.”

Last edited by mykel67; Jul 31, 2018 at 4:11 pm
Old Jul 31, 2018, 5:12 pm

I would not worry about it then, but as always, I would either call or email and confirm that they have my reservation. I do that always, no matter how I book. Looks like a really nice place, have a great time! Lol, was showing this to my partner, it is deals like this that make me wish I was retired. When I retire I plan on taking advantage of things like this that I find as often as I can. I have no desire to go to the Dominican Republic, but for a good deal, I would not pass it up.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

The DR wasn’t on my radar either. But I wanted a beach holiday with a pretty good guarantee of no sargassum, and this looks like it might be the best resort in the country right now (Punta Cana resorts are getting inundated with sargassum).

I just made a dummy reservation on the hotel’s website. In Canadian funds it works out to $6980.45. Now I am nervous...��

Last edited by MileageAddict; Aug 9, 2018 at 2:08 am Reason: thread clean up
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:34 am

I wouldn't be. Sometimes good deals come up. I was able to get 10 nights in an AI in Playa Del Carmen a couple years ago for $1400 for 2 people. Everywhere else I looked it was $4000. I emailed them, they confirmed it. I was still nervous right up until I got there, lol. I was fortunate, I think that was about the only year recently when the Sargassum was almost non existent.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 10:47 pm

That's amazing! I hope everything works out! I'd be sweating bullets too, on top of the 93% humidity.
mykel67 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Looks like the deal is now dead (or the mistake has been corrected). I just tried to add a night to my reservation, but the rate has more than doubled, and it’s no longer the same as the breakfast only rate. No response to my emails from either Expedia or CDC yet...
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:00 am

Be careful with Casa de Campo. The front desk people couldn’t even figure out how to apply the Amex Platinum Fine Hotels and Resorts benefits when I booked 3 rooms for my family a few months ago. It took two days of arguing before they budged and gave us the free breakfast and credits. We never got the room upgrade even though the resort was deserted.

Finally upon checkout they said they could not provide us an itemized bill and they said they would mail it to me...guess what i never received it so i had to contest the charge with Amex because it was way more than i expected.

I hope you have a better experience, but just beware the front desk people will make up their own policies on the spot if they dont like the deal you got. I even had the reservation confirmation printed with ALL Amex benefits documented and they denied it because it didnt show up that way in their system.

Last edited by brn2drive; Oct 7, 2018 at 11:06 am
Old May 17, 2019, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Just seeing this now...

I had a fantastic 10 night stay at Casa de Campo, and there were no problems whatsoever with the front desk honouring my rate. No issues with our clearly itemized bill upon check out, either. Very impressive accommodations, food, drinks, and service. I would love to return!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.