Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Yogyakarta $15/night multi-month deal. Globalist status for $1000

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2018, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Nothing pending for me, either, but it’s not unusual, either. I’d say about half of Hyatt Asian prepaid stays never charge before the stay.
Old May 23, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: GA Gold, BA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Gold
Warmest greeting from Hyatt Regency Yogyakarta.

Regret to inform you that on 17 May 2018, there was a glitch in our system which mistakenly displayed a very low rate of only USD 15++. We also note that there is a booking under your name made with that wrong rate.

Kindly cancel the booking or alternatively, we will proceed with the booking and charge your credit card a non-refundable amount for the whole stay.

Please let us know by Thursday 24th, May 2018.

Thank you.
Just received this email. Looks like they're not honoring the rate.
Old May 23, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Yes I got same
But is rate the rate the $15 a night or the normal rate
It was vague to me?
If they charge the $15 plus tax its OK with me.

Am I missing something?
Old May 23, 2018, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They’re looking for low hanging fruit.
Old May 23, 2018, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Yea, this is confusing, it sounds like they will charge the $15/day, because they can't charge an amount that they haven't inform you about. So they are honoring it, basically, unless you voluntarily cancel it, it seems.

My question is the following: What will happen if you let the charge go through now, but want to cancel later, when you know for sure if you're going or not. Will they accept to refund it then? I guess it may depend how close to the stay you want to cancel, and how much demand there is for the rooms.
Old May 23, 2018, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
I have not received anything from them.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nk15
Yea, this is confusing, it sounds like they will charge the $15/day, because they can't charge an amount that they haven't inform you about. So they are honoring it, basically, unless you voluntarily cancel it, it seems.

My question is the following: What will happen if you let the charge go through now, but want to cancel later, when you know for sure if you're going or not. Will they accept to refund it then? I guess it may depend how close to the stay you want to cancel, and how much demand there is for the rooms.
I sent them an email asking to confirm if they charge me now will it be for the nonrefundable rate that I agreed to when booking “$15++” - hope so ! Will post when they reply.

“Further to your questions, we confirm that we will charge USD 15 ++ or 18 net / room / night for the whole reservation and it is non refundable. “

Last edited by Mauibaby2008; May 25, 2018 at 1:27 am
Old May 26, 2018, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Amount charged to card res confirmed. Sweet deal
Old May 26, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Man I wish I had seen this deal day or two earlier. I'm actually heading to this Hyatt next week.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just had this stay post to my account. Added one additional day. Only the extra day posted as qualifying.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot LTP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Just had this stay post to my account. Added one additional day. Only the extra day posted as qualifying.
I'm headed there next week. I don't understand why your stay only gave you one night's credit...? And how was your stay overall?

Last edited by wcrhkd; Jul 8, 2018 at 8:10 am Reason: addition
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:31 am
Original Poster

then contact Hyatt? You should receive all of your night credits, right ? I’m only staying here later this year to secure globalist status ! Mb
wcrhkd likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wcrhkd
I'm headed there next week. I don't understand why your stay only gave you one night's credit...? And how was your stay overall?
The stay was fine, but as a mid level status member, no breakfast or lounge was offered. One extra night was added, after the initial booking. That’s the only night that got stay credit.

I know many people booked to help requalify for Globalist, hence why I posted about it.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
The stay was fine, but as a mid level status member, no breakfast or lounge was offered. One extra night was added, after the initial booking. That’s the only night that got stay credit.

I know many people booked to help requalify for Globalist, hence why I posted about it.
Contact Hyatt to get it corrected.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot LTP, Hyatt Globalist
I'm just wondering if your nights ever posted. I just finished a stay and my folio stated zero qualifying nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.