Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Ritz Carlton Singapore Mistake Rate - Will Be Honored?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Ritz Carlton Singapore Mistake Rate - Will Be Honored?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2018, 12:11 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Hoping this is "new" as I had previous reservations that they agreed to fix.

Also regarding the non-refundable comments above, the person I spoke to that agreed to fix the reservations stated that they would be paying the difference but it would now become a non-refundable/changeable reservation.
does it mean it's now a flexible booking ?
Old May 4, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: points traveller
any tips for finding these kind of deals in the future?
Old May 4, 2018, 7:38 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by diningdecadence
any tips for finding these kind of deals in the future?
Read Flyertalk more often^
vincewy likes this.
Old May 4, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
dupe...
Old May 4, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by darkobeatsdeath
I made two reservations, one for 2018 and one for 2019 via the chase ultimate rewards portal, both reservations are for 25 days
I got a call from ultimate rewards yesterday, saying that their guideline is the honor only 1 reservation per customer, with up to 14 days of staying.

Shame on you. Greed kills deals. EVERY TIME.

Chase wouldn't have the policies of 1 res per person or less than 15 days if it wasn't for people like you
Old May 10, 2018, 2:29 am

-----

Last edited by mster; May 10, 2018 at 10:21 am
Old May 10, 2018, 10:09 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
stayed on 5-6 May, no mentions about the mistake rate by RC front desk. Checked-in smoothly

Citi actually called me a few days earlier to try to make me cancel the booking first, then negotiate to switch to other hotels and then finally confirmed the RC booking.

Last edited by sandyph; May 11, 2018 at 12:57 am
Old May 11, 2018, 12:42 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by sandyph
stayed on 5-6 May, not mentioned about the mistake rate by RC front desk. Checked-in smoothly

Citi actually called me a few days earlier to try to make me cancel the booking first, then negotiate to switch to other hotels and then finally confirmed the RC booking.
received email confirmation from Affion International with booking voucher. called Ritz to confirm and there were valid.

hassle free so far
Old May 17, 2018, 6:33 pm

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:41 am
Old May 21, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by mster
Anyone switch to an "alternative accommodation" solution longer than 14 nights, but under the $$$$ cap Connexions reps have been mentioning? Like 20 nights at the Hilton or 28 nights at the Andaz or...
If you don't mind me asking, what is the latest on your end? I've not heard of the alternative accommodation or dollar cap figures yet? Our stay starts in 2 weeks and we still do not have confirmation e-mails.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:21 am

On our second stay now. Suite was not honored for first stay, received a regular corner room. Nice hotel.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:57 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:41 am
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by mster
For other's reference - for the stay where they honored the suite booking did they also honor club lounge access?
No - I only had a suite booked for the first stay. Club access is $180 1 pax or $280 2 pax per day. Includes other random benefits like some laundry and limo service. We normally go to Singapore to eat the local food so I guess not a huge deal. Hotel is very well located next to Marina Bay, Millienial Walk, and Suntec. Little further to Raffles Places and City Hall but lots to eat.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: Amex Plat
Very interesting, so the RC Mill. in SIN does not participate in the "parent" loaylty/bonus programmes (i've read their ownership is differ from the group) yet they are active via other programs such as Chase credit cards? Any other program they are endorsing? You can only imagine what happened with the employees responsible for such promotional price. I'm interested as i will be visiting them very soon.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Gobber
Very interesting, so the RC Mill. in SIN does not participate in the "parent" loaylty/bonus programmes (i've read their ownership is differ from the group) yet they are active via other programs such as Chase credit cards? Any other program they are endorsing? You can only imagine what happened with the employees responsible for such promotional price. I'm interested as i will be visiting them very soon.
I would guess that they do FHR and Virtuoso. I remember checking rates years ago and they were in FHR at that time.
Gobber likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.