Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Ritz Carlton Singapore Mistake Rate - Will Be Honored?

[EXPIRED] Ritz Carlton Singapore Mistake Rate - Will Be Honored?

Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Sapphire, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by enigmatic
Looks like they pulled the ritz from their booking engine (tried to book another night haha)
No cancellation letter in sight so we may be in luck :-)
Gone from the Citi site as well.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:35 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by solewalker
I just booked two nights, for this weekend. If it's canceled, I guess I'll be first to inform you.
How did it go @solewalker?
Originally Posted by Deltahater
mine was cancelled last week. Luckily this was for May 2018, so I have time to find something new
Im to check in for the first booking in 2 days, no word on cancellation yet. How was it communicated @Deltahater?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Haven't heard a thing from them yet. Free cancellation window at 6 pm tonight.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I called in to check on my booking yesterday since I booked this weekend. Even though Thank You rewards booking is confirmed, their TA isn't.

Thank You Rewards is handled by UK side apparently (for SIN users) and they called me this morning. Hotel was unable to accommodate and had to refund me fully without penalty. I did ask for any alternatives, they suggested to check their rewards site. I didn't push for anything since this is just for fun anyways lol. The British chap who spoke to me was very nice.

Oh yeah I had 6 bookings included some peak periods and in 2019 as well.

Last edited by lcpteck; Apr 24, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck
... Hotel was unable to accommodate...
Haha - as in the room actually doesnt exist 😀

I am just holding tight for the first reports of those who check-in and/or another week or so (or maybe more) before I investigate further.

Anyhow I have several reservations both with Citi travel and Chase travel and they are not until March 2019.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 3:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I called Chase to confirm my reservation for this weekend, and the guy on the phone immediately knew the issue with RC Singapore. My reservation was cancelled with full refund.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:01 am

On the line with Chase the rep says she tried calling the hotel but nobody will be available until morning who speaks English. It is 6PM in Singapore.

UPDATE: After 53 minutes they came to the conclusion that the alternative was to pay 500 bucks per night. Cancelled this one and the one for F1 weekend. The third one I cancelled online.

Last edited by yosithezet; Apr 25, 2018 at 4:39 am
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Phone call.

And while it wouldn't have mattered much in this particular deal, calling the airline or property or Hertz is a REALLY, REALLY bad idea.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Deltahater
Phone call.

And while it wouldn't have mattered much in this particular deal, calling the airline or property or Hertz is a REALLY, REALLY bad idea.
I agree. So long as your reservation shows in the website of the airline, hotel or rental car company, no need to call. When there is no way to see your reservation, though your loyalty number was requested in the booking process, and now way to retrieve it with your name and the reservation number, it would be foolish not to check to make sure that there is some record of your booking. In this case, there simply was no booking with the property and the bookings were mapped to some hotel where nobody even spoke English in some country that isn't Singapore.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I agree. So long as your reservation shows in the website of the airline, hotel or rental car company, no need to call. When there is no way to see your reservation, though your loyalty number was requested in the booking process, and now way to retrieve it with your name and the reservation number, it would be foolish not to check to make sure that there is some record of your booking. In this case, there simply was no booking with the property and the bookings were mapped to some hotel where nobody even spoke English in some country that isn't Singapore.
Fully agree - which is why I called Chase and was glad I did - and would do so again in a similar situation. if the hotel was showing on the website at the mistake rate, agree, no reason to call to confirm. Showing up without such a confirmation and expecting a room is a REALLY REALLY bad idea. LOL.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:15 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Connexions is calling those who booked this rate.. I got a call and had 3 options.

1. Pay the correct rate
2. Book a different hotel in the area (no special price)
3. Take a full refund (will waive any penalties for those with close in bookings)

I presume everyone else will be getting a call too if they have your phone # on file.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:10 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by SethLevy
Fully agree - which is why I called Chase and was glad I did - and would do so again in a similar situation. if the hotel was showing on the website at the mistake rate, agree, no reason to call to confirm. Showing up without such a confirmation and expecting a room is a REALLY REALLY bad idea. LOL.
I have already given you an example of middle ground between, "Calling the night I booked it to inquire if it's a mistake" and "Showing up 10 weeks later without any confirmation whatsoever". You are creating a false dichotomy.

Let's start with the simplest middle ground for even the most nervous and inexperienced traveler: Is there any reason you had to call the day you booked, versus waiting 24 or 48 hours after the deal was removed from the website?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by janetdoe
I have already given you an example of middle ground between, "Calling the night I booked it to inquire if it's a mistake" and "Showing up 10 weeks later without any confirmation whatsoever". You are creating a false dichotomy.

Let's start with the simplest middle ground for even the most nervous and inexperienced traveler: Is there any reason you had to call the day you booked, versus waiting 24 or 48 hours after the deal was removed from the website?
I did what I felt was best in my circumstances and it worked out very well for me. I am happy with the end result in my case. Cheers!
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by janetdoe

Then I guess that I fit into your sweet spot. The day before I needed to check in, I checked the Marriott website and there was no reservation. I tried to retrieve the reservation with the reservations number and it still showed nothing. I called Chase, the woman spent an hour looking into it and offered to book me at the prevailing rate, find another hotel or refund.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 12:30 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Please keep the conversation on the topic of the mistake rate and refrain from personal attacks/insults.

Thanks,

MileageAddict
Hottub Cowboy likes this.

Last edited by MileageAddict; Apr 27, 2018 at 6:34 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.