Wiki Posts
Search

Freehand Hotel Manhattan NY : SOLO deals

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Freehand Hotel Manhattan NY : SOLO deals

https://freehandhotels.com/new-york/...s/riding-solo/

New hotel, 23 Lexington Avenue, at 23rd Street.
Single room, flexible rate, from 99 USD (70 May-August), excluding taxes and 20 USD "resort fee"
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Thank you! Booked a stay a few days ago for September. Tiny rooms but enough for one person. Seems to have good reviews on TA so far.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: DL GM
Booked this last week on Airbnb for one night next week as an alternative to Hampton Inn. Makes no mention of the resort fee on Airbnb. We'll see.

Update: They updated the listing to include the Facility Fee. I had to get this fee adjusted off during check-out. Also, do not book via Airbnb as you would pay a Airbnb Service Charge on top of all the other fees. I don't fault the property for this but I do have four complaints for the "Artist" room itself:

1) There are soundproofing issues with the room doors. You can hear everything going on in other people's rooms, and therefore in the hallway. The day I checked out someone was blasting rap in their room and I can hear it my room and clearly in the hall.

2) The window insulation. I'm pretty sure it was shut. But for winter, I can feel the cold air coming in and hear noises outside pretty clearly.

3) Functionality. While it appears to be nice and cozy with a wooden theme, I find the functionality to be a bit lacking. There's one small sofa chair in the room and a stool by the desk. There's limited space in the bathroom for storage, even towels are put on a stool instead of hung. There is a tiny wood ledge in the shower for amenities, and they are no better than what a Hampton Inn gives you.

4) There were blood stains on the mattress I had not noticed until the next day and saw through the sheets. At least the sheets were fine.

For $99, sure it's alright, just like staying at an ibis.
Rusdude likes this.

Last edited by idiosyncrasy; Feb 4, 2018 at 4:09 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.