FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   Will Marriott honor my $10.00 rate? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/1874718-will-marriott-honor-my-10-00-rate.html)

wingfire89 Oct 29, 2017 6:01 pm

Will Marriott honor my $10.00 rate?

I keep this simple, I came across a full service Marriot propery 30 min from home category 7 going for $10.00 plus tax per night with breakfast included! You best believe it! I booked 6 different stays under that rate trying to meet my current road to platinum.

will they really honor it upon check in? Or will they turn me away? Should I contact the property? Should I reach out to guest relations? My first stay will be on 11/03. Please advice

arollins Oct 29, 2017 7:20 pm

Hello and welcome to Flyertalk.
The first and most important rule on error/mistake rates is DO NOT CALL THE SUPPLIER. You will immediately alert them to this by the call.

Will they honor it? Its a 50/50 chance. Suggest you keep copies, screenshot of your booking and all evidence of your rate. You might receive an email or call soon regarding this and they will attempt to back track saying there was an error and will not honor it, in turn they might offer a lower rate if you want to stay.

wingfire89 Oct 29, 2017 7:46 pm

Hi arollins,

Honeslty if they turn me away no biggie, I am not planning on staying just doing it for the elite night credit. I just don’t want to drive there and be told no. Does anyone has experience with similar situation?

Jaimito Cartero Oct 29, 2017 7:59 pm

Unless it’s under a dollar a night, it’s a sale. Don’t go in ready to be turned down. Check in like it’s totally normal. I’d bring along two big bags and ask for the manager if they give you any problems.

I’ve booked many hotels for $10-30 a night, that their normal rate was 10-60x higher per night. Suites, including Presidential, included. I’ve never been refused at a hotel I’ve showed up at.

If you’re already Plat, you stand a much better chance of it being honored.

wingfire89 Oct 29, 2017 8:05 pm

Thanks jaimito!

Totally! I plan to check in very late probably after 10pm to avoid the GM or FD supervisor , i actually booked 7 different stays at this rate, wish me luck!

i am only Gold elite, the only reason i am doing this it’s because i enroll in a platinum challenge, 9 paid stays in 3 months and I will be granted platinum status

MSPeconomist Oct 29, 2017 8:07 pm

Please report back.

wingfire89 Oct 29, 2017 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 28992494)
Please report back.

will do!

Jaimito Cartero Oct 29, 2017 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by wingfire89 (Post 28992486)
Thanks jaimito!

Totally! I plan to check in very late probably after 10pm to avoid the GM or FD supervisor , i actually booked 7 different stays at this rate, wish me luck!

i am only Gold elite, the only reason i am doing this it’s because i enroll in a platinum challenge, 9 paid stays in 3 months and I will be granted platinum status

I totally disagree with this tactic.

Show up after the real check-in time, but when it’s likely to be busy and have a manager. Stand your ground, bring printouts, or screenshots. Don’t get angry, shout, etc.

Just remember Marriott has 2 T’s. :)

wingfire89 Oct 29, 2017 8:18 pm

I’ll take your advice, I will check in around 4ish. Excuse the typos.

kyanar Oct 29, 2017 9:00 pm

Be aware that if those 7 stays are back to back, they may retroactively merge them into one stay, defeating the purpose of your entire exercise.

CalItalian Oct 29, 2017 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by kyanar (Post 28992633)
Be aware that if those 7 stays are back to back, they may retroactively merge them into one stay, defeating the purpose of your entire exercise.

Back to back reservations at one Marriott hotel is considered ONE stay. Doesn't matter if they merge them or not.
https://insiders.marriottrewards.com/thread/51101

MSPeconomist Oct 29, 2017 9:49 pm

Marriott doesn't count stays for elite status, just nights.

Mauibaby2008 Oct 29, 2017 9:53 pm

Do we get to know what property it is ? Lol

Yellowjj Oct 29, 2017 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008 (Post 28992746)
Do we get to know what property it is ? Lol

Or at least the area.

OTOH I don't blame the OP for not naming. I'd keep it to myself as well until the stays are posted. Less chance they would detect the rate anomaly.

hoangb Oct 29, 2017 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 28992739)
Marriott doesn't count stays for elite status, just nights.

They do for gold/platinum challenges, which is one the OP is trying to achieve.