Wiki Posts
Search

Will Marriott honor my $10.00 rate?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by javabytes
I did too, out of curiosity.

I have mixed feelings about this now. I'm sure there are plenty of other threads discussing why - it seems like every good deal, and certainly the excellent ones, are picked up and flung far and wide by blogs trying to drive traffic to their sites. Great for ad revenue for them, and I won't pretend that FT members don't benefit sometimes from seeing deals they might have otherwise missed... but there's no doubt it kills deals quicker. More so now than ever in the past, I feel like if I discover something truly great, I keep it more quiet, and circulate it amongst my own smaller network first. If it's still alive, I post it here when I and my network have had a chance to take advantage of it, or if we can't make use of it. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
You're not the only one. Deals survive longer and have a better chance of being honored (or rather, go unnoticed) if they don't get posted to websites where bloggers will instantly publicize to thousands of followers. Private networks are better than public ones in the long run. Find some friends who have deal-searching skills and common sense discretion. That's how you take advantage of deals that actually come through.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Dave510
You must have missed the point.
Wrong
I think YOU did, however
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
Wrong
I think YOU did, however
No, you did. Again. They will merge those 7 stays into one, and they will only count as one for the platinum challenge, meaning OP has wasted 7 nights (well, 6).
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:38 am

Programs: IATA
Smile

Rodney got it right. I never contact the hotel beforehand to confirm. Although have a backup planned in case it doesn't work out (never happened till now).

Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
Honestly, I'm surprised by the number of really obvious, travel hacking 101 things people in this thread have failed

-don't contact the hotel beforehand. It alerts them to the mistake and they might retract the deal. I mean, this is really basic.
-as other people have pointed out, spreading the deal pretty much ensures it will get taken down faster, or perhaps not even be honored in the first place. It raises the chances of the hotel realizing their mistake. I'ts not fair, obviously, but that's the nature of the game - some people will luck out in finding a deal like this, others won't. You keep your fingers crossed and wait for the next one.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 12:22 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
So, I'm curious. Was it honored? Did the op get his status?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by milgom
So, I'm curious. Was it honored? Did the op get his status?

same here you cant just start a thread and then not reveal the outcome. curious minds want to know.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by cblaisd
:raiseshand:

Would far rather go to South Dakota than Chicago.
Same here.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 4:36 pm

I've found a similarly great deal

booked 4 nights in New York. Hotel costs Ł250+ a night. I got for Ł12 a night. Simple error on the costings. Going to rock up at the hotel and keep everything crossed. Wish me luck.
dante and tessy143 like this.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Just FYI, South Dakota is one of the most beautiful places in the Lower 48. At least Western SoDak (aka the Black Hills) where 200+ acres can be had for the price of a Chicago house.

Largely void of many Marriott Properties (sans a nice SHS in Deadwood and a < 3 year old RI on the outskirts of Rapid City.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:49 am
Suspended

Programs: booking
Good luck.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RoyalFlush
Just FYI, South Dakota is one of the most beautiful places in the Lower 48. At least Western SoDak (aka the Black Hills) where 200+ acres can be had for the price of a Chicago house.

Largely void of many Marriott Properties (sans a nice SHS in Deadwood and a < 3 year old RI on the outskirts of Rapid City.
Ive stayed at a Fairfield in Spearfish, midway bet Rapid City and Devils Tower
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum UK and related Hotel loyalty programs
Sounds like a great deal for Elite status.

Now if only someone could find me a crazy great deal like this in Manhattan for 23rd December for 5 nights. LOL

i know it’s not going to happen.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by kyanar
No, you did. Again. They will merge those 7 stays into one, and they will only count as one for the platinum challenge, meaning OP has wasted 7 nights (well, 6).
Only if they check-in and out the same day or the next day. I ran into this when I did a challenge. The key is to check out and check back in not the next day but the day after that...have to stagger the stay a bit. The system will recognize them as unique stays. If he checks out one day and checks back in the same or next day, they will most likely be merged.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.