Reload this Page >

Will Marriott honor my $10.00 rate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will Marriott honor my $10.00 rate?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Honestly, I'm surprised by the number of really obvious, travel hacking 101 things people in this thread have failed

-don't contact the hotel beforehand. It alerts them to the mistake and they might retract the deal. I mean, this is really basic.
-as other people have pointed out, spreading the deal pretty much ensures it will get taken down faster, or perhaps not even be honored in the first place. It raises the chances of the hotel realizing their mistake. I'ts not fair, obviously, but that's the nature of the game - some people will luck out in finding a deal like this, others won't. You keep your fingers crossed and wait for the next one.
jbalmuth likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Just to keep you all posted, I haven’t heard from anyone at the property just yet. I already did the mobile check in also set my arrival as 10AM.

Either they already catch the mistake and will eat the loss, or haven’t realize. I will post the result tomorrow morning once I check in.

Also sing up for the road to platinum challenge, only requires 9 paid stays, (7 already booked at $10 per night at this property). will do the other 2 at another property . I may be able to achieve platinum spending under $200. Pretty sure this will be some type of new record 😂
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by arollins
I wonder how many people did a search for all cat 7 hotels in Chicago to see if they find the $10 deal. LOL.
Based on OP's first post, I actually searched all cat 7 in the US. I didn't find a cheap room in Chicago instead found a few properties in South Dakota for ~$40-50, but who wants to go there?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:22 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Based on OP's first post, I actually searched all cat 7 in the US. I didn't find a cheap room in Chicago instead found a few properties in South Dakota for ~$40-50, but who wants to go there?
:raiseshand:

Would far rather go to South Dakota than Chicago.
MaxVO and 466SHH like this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:39 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
is there a way to effectively search all their cat 7 properties in one go?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
And also how about different dates?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
You can set the destination to search for country or province/state. I find it easier to set the filters (cat, brand, etc.) first before I search in the US, as there could be thousands of results which the website won't allow.

Originally Posted by nk15
And also how about different dates?
I always do my search by date so I can see everything in one go, or click the specific property to view rates by month.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
We need software that scans many dates and hotels at once, I assume that's how people find special low fares, the use some kind of special software, but I don't know which one...
Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by wingfire89
Yup exactly same hotel! I did reach out to Marriott guest relations they said as long as the revenue manager didn’t contact me or realize the mistake before my arival they would have to honor the rate.

fingers cross he will not contact me over the next 48 hours
I have no horse in this race but I must say this was not a smart thing to do

NEVER contact the hotel; I wouldn't have even made this post before checking in for ALL of my stays.

Now not only did you increase the risk that you won't get your stay(s) honored; you have increased the risk that others will get screwed

*shaking my head* at this one

I can't believe people still do this
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Well just to let everyone i was able to check in with out anyproblems.

was charged the authorization plus $10.79.

😂👌
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum; Marriott Rewards Gold; SPG Gold
Well just to let everyone i was able to check in with out anyproblems.

was charged the authorization plus $10.79.

😂👌
Good to know!

And guys, the rate disappeared not long after I booked it, which is why I didn't share it.

And I wonder if the flurry of searches originating from this has caused Marriott Chicago hotel prices to rise by about 25% today for the dates I want. Heh..
Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by puddiemel
Good to know!

And guys, the rate disappeared not long after I booked it, which is why I didn't share it.

And I wonder if the flurry of searches originating from this has caused Marriott Chicago hotel prices to rise by about 25% today for the dates I want. Heh..
Posted from your normal FT handle?

Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Also sing up for the road to platinum challenge, only requires 9 paid stays, (7 already booked at $10 per night at this property). will do the other 2 at another property . I may be able to achieve platinum spending under $200. Pretty sure this will be some type of new record 😂
Those 7 stays... are they consecutive? Because if so, then you have only one paid stay - they will merge them and you will basically have wasted your time.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by kyanar
Those 7 stays... are they consecutive? Because if so, then you have only one paid stay - they will merge them and you will basically have wasted your time.
you must have missed this...

Originally Posted by hoangb
They do for gold/platinum challenges, which is one the OP is trying to achieve.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
you must have missed this...
You must have missed the point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.