$40 off $80 promo on AA.com for bookings on booking.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2017, 1:12 am

Thanks! this link still works.

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Old Jul 10, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Data point: I stayed one night last Saturday. Today the $40 refund was on my credit card.
So they use the card that you have in your booking.com profile or the one you used to pay for hotel when you checked in?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
So they use the card that you have in your booking.com profile or the one you used to pay for hotel when you checked in?
I used the same card for both. But I would assume it is the one you use at booking.com
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

How many times can you use this on one account?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:27 pm

Has anyone received more than one $40 credit? If so how many?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: QF, HH
I saw something similar recently, but am not sure if it's the same thing (not a new customer; have been with them for years).

In any case, somewhere deep in the bowels of my Booking.com account, there is a note to say that I got USD$40 cash back. Nothing has appeared in my bank statement, so perhaps it automatically takes this off the price of one's next booking with them? Haven't booked any accomodation yet since this recent trip.

Or perhaps it takes a good few weeks to transfer?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I completed my stay a few days ago and received an email today stating: "Claim your US$40 reward now that you’re back!
Welcome back!
We hope you enjoyed your trip! Now that you've stayed, it's time to cash in on the reward we promised."

Then it goes on to discuss Booking.com's refer a friend program. But there is no link to claim anything. Am I required to do something or will the $40 cash back just appear at some point?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:26 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Am I required to do something or will the $40 cash back just appear at some point?
Believe it or not, the $40.00 will simply appear in your credit card account within a month after your completed stay. There is no need to do anything else.

Simply watch for it.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Believe it or not, the $40.00 will simply appear in your credit card account within a month after your completed stay. There is no need to do anything else.

Simply watch for it.
Good to hear. Confusing email then... stating "claim" when there is nothing to do. Should say "wait for..." or "watch for..."
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:14 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Good to hear. Confusing email then... stating "claim" when there is nothing to do. Should say "wait for..." or "watch for..."
Unfortunately, there are numerous aspects to this promotion which are rather vague or confusing — but it is easy; and it works.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Unfortunately, there are numerous aspects to this promotion which are rather vague or confusing — but it is easy; and it works.
You are right! 5 days after my stay posted a $40 credit also posted. Wow, thanks OP! ^
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I used the same card for both. But I would assume it is the one you use at booking.com
But for REFUNDABLE booking, they the CC is only there to reserve it, not to charge (which in my experiences, you usually pay AT hotel at check-in/out)

I better go back and look again, as I want to use the proper card (like AMEX 2X on Travel categories)

or do we have a choice to enter our CC again AFTER the stay.?

On booking page it looks like we can update CC details, and I see this text also
Remember, you get US$ 40 after your stay!
As you booked with Booking.com's link, you get a US$ 40 cash reward. After you’ve checked out, we’ll put the US$ 40 on your credit card. Enjoy the treat!

Who is going to charge my credit card, and when?
No prepayment is required for your booking.
The property has the right to verify your credit card, and may hold an amount temporarily or until after check-out. This process depends on the property you book with, so it's best to contact them for any charging queries.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Thanks for this link green bar is there!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Ha!!! my booking at HKG is for the beginning of September with the UA Mileage Run via the Pacific Islands of Hawaii and Guam. Got the Best Western Plus for $83 Usd, so hopping it credits back a couple days after the stay.

Up until now, there are No DPs about this promo working more than 1 time. Either way, my SO created an account and we booked the night in HGH for the other overnight stay on that same mileage run that nets close to 20K Miles.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL DM+5MM, AAGold MM, UA 1K+2MM, BA GGL,LH Senator, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, HY Plat
Originally Posted by Mrdeals805
Has anyone received more than one $40 credit? If so how many?
I have received 3 $40 credits, and twice the 75 euro credit for bookings of 225 euros

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.