Reload this Page >

A few hotel mistake rates as seen on twitter.com/hotelsaver

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A few hotel mistake rates as seen on twitter.com/hotelsaver

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by nk15
I doubt it, most of these are onenighters, in out of way podunk places, and with chains that status doesn't seem to matter.
True for the most part, though I saw a few fairfield inns, which are a marriott family, and days inn is wyndham. I'd definitely want status with the former; don't know enough about the latter to have an opinion on status. They certainly wouldn't be enough to give you status by themselves, but if you needed to top off a number of stays or nights to make it to the next level, I could see this being a good option.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
True for the most part, though I saw a few fairfield inns, which are a marriott family, and days inn is wyndham. I'd definitely want status with the former; don't know enough about the latter to have an opinion on status. They certainly wouldn't be enough to give you status by themselves, but if you needed to top off a number of stays or nights to make it to the next level, I could see this being a good option.
That's true, ditto for Marriott. Wyndham I doubt it is worth it, even their top tier doesn't have free breakfast, so lame...:

However, the Belgian deal, if honored (doubt it) could easily give you Wyndham status, if you spend a month there, lol...
Old Mar 7, 2017, 12:53 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
That's true, ditto for Marriott. Wyndham I doubt it is worth it, even their top tier doesn't have free breakfast, so lame...:

However, the Belgian deal, if honored (doubt it) could easily give you Wyndham status, if you spend a month there, lol...
Funny thing is that I will be in Belgium for 4 days next month. We are a group of 3 couples and have already booked at another chain. I'm tempted to book it anyway as a MR.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Ok, found it! It is only smoking room though.
I don't think they'll require you to smoke. And you can probably ask the desk for a change of rooms.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Is the Ramada Brussels deal gone? I checked a few random dates in May and can't see anything.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Mict
Is the Ramada Brussels deal gone? I checked a few random dates in May and can't see anything.
Seems like it. It was random for me. Check back latter.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 12:35 pm

Thanks for the tip about booking.com Found this but not something I can use. Maybe someone else can use it!

AmericInn Waconia, MN $16/night March 9, 10, 16, 17, 2018 - regular price is $124/night
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Nice, though the DaysInn and Travelodge no longer meet my minimum standards
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:45 pm

Orlando Villas@Fortune 11/8:
Summary of Charges / Receipt
Total cost: $20.55
Purchase date:
Apr 2, 2017

Room price:
$10.40 avg./night

Number of rooms:
1 room
Number of nights:
1 night

Room subtotal:
$10.40
Taxes:
$1.35

Total room charges:
$11.75
Hotel fee:
$8.80
Total cost:
$20.55

I selected non-cancellable. Will report any news
Old Apr 9, 2017, 4:39 am

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by michael_v
And it works with IFTTT.com. I get an email from IFTTT every time there is a new tweet.
You can simply change twitter settings to get a notification whenever they tweet. I have set the alert for theflightdeal and secretflying

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.