FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   Low IHG member rates at NYC metro properties midweek (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/1814350-low-ihg-member-rates-nyc-metro-properties-midweek.html)

guv1976 Jan 10, 2017 1:06 pm

Low IHG member rates at NYC metro properties midweek

I'm seeing sub-$100 rates at several IHG properties in the NYC metro area for midweek stays in January, including the HI on West 57th Street in Manhattan, and the Crowne Plaza at EWR.

Concerto Jan 10, 2017 2:24 pm

The Intercontinental Barclay was as low is $103 a few weeks ago. Booked 3 nights for end of January but chose a slightly more expensive, flexible rate.

guv1976 Jan 10, 2017 2:28 pm

$66 for the HI West 57th Street; $77 for the CP EWR. Insane!

steveholt Jan 10, 2017 2:32 pm

CP EWR has that $77 rate into February, at least.

Concerto Jan 10, 2017 2:48 pm

I've never seen rates in New York so low. HI Times Square is $88. They must be expecting one hell of a snowstorm and all the airports to be closed!

The rates seem to extend into February too. Don't forget (for those Europeans like me) there's tax to add to these rates at check out.

eponymous_coward Jan 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Wow, the HI Midtown is $61 on a Your Rate in mid-January, $74.35 all-in.

That's pretty good for NYC and not being in the closet at the Jane. :D

Adam1222 Jan 10, 2017 8:51 pm

I've gotten rates sub-$100 in Manhattan for the past several years in winter. This isn't as big a deal as some blogs, and now this thread is suggesting, particularly given the specific properties involved.

I'd note random dates show low rates at plenty of non IHG properties, including $99 at the Hampton Inn Times Square South, Shelburne, and the Novotel Times Square, $105 at the Four Points Times Square, $108 at the Hudson, etc. And those are without any member discounts, and all are much better properties than the HI midtown. $80 for the Newark Crowne Plaza isn't "insane" when you can be at a solid 4 star hotel in midtown for $100.

Concerto Jan 11, 2017 6:53 am

Yes, fair enough. It's just good to know about it, especially if one is going there. Otherwise, a lot of this stuff just flies over my head and I see things too late.

I needed a stay at JFK prior to an early flight (07h45) so I just booked the HI at JFK with points before the points prices will rise on the 15th. Could probably have stayed in one of the midtown properties and taken the subway out really early, but it's just reassuring to be near the airport.

SK AAR Jan 12, 2017 4:42 am

January is low low season in NYC. Hardly a surprise that hotel rates are low as there are few tourist in town and too early after NYE to have big conventions etc (but I agree these rates are very low).

If only these rates could be found in Sept...:)