Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Hilton El San Juan Resort 2-bdr Suite, ~100/night

Hilton El San Juan Resort 2-bdr Suite, ~100/night

Old Jun 13, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: EY plat, TK plat, UA 1K, AF plat, AS MVP75K
Originally Posted by JWEMTX
We've been staying here for the last 3 days and really enjoying our time. We have another 2 nights to go, so if you have any specific questions you want ask or want me to check out, just shoot a reply. I declined the Presidential suite upgrade because I made 2 reservations and wanted to get all 6 suites next to each other since we traveling as a group of 8 (6 adults and 2 kids). I agree that the x45/x47/x49 has great views and our other suites x36/x38/x40 also has great views.

Just to reiterate previous posters comments, make sure to ask for separate breakfast checks for each of the room (2 person per room). When I check the room bill on the TV app, they've already taken them off bill. I would suggest having cash instead for tips so there's no confusion on the bill later.

If you plan to go to Old Town, I would highly suggest just getting a taxi (ask the bellhop to call one up) instead of renting a car from the Enterprise across the street. We were able to get a taxi van for all 8 people and they charge $25 to drop you off at Plaza Colon. We took the different free trolleys around Old Town and then took another taxi back to the hotel (another $25). Getting to Old Town by car is easy... navigating the narrow streets of Old Town and finding parking seems like a big hassle (plus the crazy one way streets). So even though renting a midsize car and gas (~ $35) is cheaper, not worth the stress and headache.
My reservation is now showing this "TWO BEDROOM SUITE - 1 KING AND TWO QUEEN BEDS"
So what should i expect to get? 2 connected rooms?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:09 pm

We got a room with a King bed that connects to a 2nd room that is a "living room" and connects to 3rd room that has 2 Queen beds.

Originally Posted by ristasm
My reservation is now showing this "TWO BEDROOM SUITE - 1 KING AND TWO QUEEN BEDS"
So what should i expect to get? 2 connected rooms?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: EY plat, TK plat, UA 1K, AF plat, AS MVP75K
Originally Posted by JWEMTX
We got a room with a King bed that connects to a 2nd room that is a "living room" and connects to 3rd room that has 2 Queen beds.
All right, and your reservation was displayed same as mine so i should expect that?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:39 pm

I can't open the reservation from the Hilton website (because I already checked in) but my email reservation confirmation states "1 KING OCEANFRONT SUITE" on one email and "2 QUEEN OCEANFRONT SUITE" on the other. This email was from January.

All right, and your reservation was displayed same as mine so i should expect that?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:31 pm

My reservation changed a day or 2 before from a 2 Bedroom oceanfront to the same combination that you now show. I checked in and am staying in x45 & x47. The x45 room is a 2 queen bed room and the x47 room is a large living room with a sofa and a murphy bed. I am not that bothered by the lack of a 2nd 'true' bedroom as it is only myself and my wife. If you have more, you may need to push for the x49 room also (which others have had).

No problem checking in and they were accomdating and aware of the booking ...irregularities. That said although I did online check in and selected specific rooms, arriving I found that my room selection had been overwritten. I mentioned this to the desk clerk at check in and it was, however cleared up quickly without issue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.