Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

2nd Night Free (w/ qualifying credit card, Visa Signature in USA) - Conrad & Waldorf

2nd Night Free (w/ qualifying credit card, Visa Signature in USA) - Conrad & Waldorf

    Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 9, 16, 8:59 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Mbcijim10
Wiki Link
As stated on the website: http://www2.visasignaturehotels.com/...ne-night-free/, the deal is dead, and has been since September 15, 2016: "Due to popularity of the complimentary night offer, the offer is no longer available. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. You can book a stay at any participating Waldorf Astoria, Conrad or Curio hotel by October 31, 2016 and receive a $75 USD Visa gift card after your stay (see promotion page for more information)."

DP: Posts #97 & #101 report receipt of $75 GC Post #101 was 5-6 weeks after Stay.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 15, 16, 10:08 pm
  #31  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,470
That is interesting; another person also reported similar language in his/her confirmation from the Conrad Singapore.

However, I booked the Conrad Istanbul and my confirmation definitely does not contain the text you listed.

Do you reckon I should question the VISA concierge (in writing, of course)? I feel somewhat uneasy proceeding without this assurance.
shonamac is offline  
Old Sep 15, 16, 10:24 pm
  #32  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Posts: 402
Originally Posted by druck View Post
That is interesting; another person also reported similar language in his/her confirmation from the Conrad Singapore.

However, I booked the Conrad Istanbul and my confirmation definitely does not contain the text you listed.

Do you reckon I should question the VISA concierge (in writing, of course)? I feel somewhat uneasy proceeding without this assurance.
I would call VISA concierge and ask them to email a confirmation of the 2nd night free.

On a related note, it may be property dependent. When inquiring about booking for my parents, the CSR asked for the specific property in order to get the exact details. After about 5min, the CSR said I had to be staying at the property to take advantage of the rate. Also informed that the Conrad Manila already sold out rooms for this promotion. Not sure if this applies across the board though.
Gradfly is offline  
Old Sep 15, 16, 10:39 pm
  #33  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,470
Stop press!

I was going to check availability at some other hotels and when I went to the VISA site, here is the announcement that greeted me:

Due to the unexpected popularity of the Hilton free night offer, hotel inventory subject to this offer booked up much sooner than anticipated and is no longer available. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please note that the $75 USD gift card promotion is still available at Participating Hilton Hotels, see the offer page for more information.
shonamac is offline  
Old Sep 15, 16, 10:49 pm
  #34  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SE Asia
Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Posts: 16,644
Originally Posted by druck View Post
I was going to check availability at some other hotels and when I went to the VISA site, here is the announcement that greeted me:

Due to the unexpected popularity of the Hilton free night offer, hotel inventory subject to this offer booked up much sooner than anticipated and is no longer available. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please note that the $75 USD gift card promotion is still available at Participating Hilton Hotels, see the offer page for more information.
An hour ago I was searching but held off a purchase and now i'm seeing the same.
dsquared37 is offline  
Old Sep 15, 16, 10:51 pm
  #35  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,470
Originally Posted by dsquared37 View Post
An hour ago I was searching but held off a purchase and now i'm seeing the same.

Word must have spread on a Chinese blog!
shonamac is offline  
Old Sep 16, 16, 12:18 am
  #36  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England
Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,315
Originally Posted by druck View Post
Word must have spread on a Chinese blog!
What makes you to think that? AFAIK blogs on BA spread this deal first.
Now get a life.
mediator is offline  
Old Sep 16, 16, 12:26 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Programs: hilton, hyatt, ihg, accor, best western, marriott, starwood
Posts: 74
[QUOTE=druck;27218753]

Last edited by greenfrog2015; Jan 1, 17 at 5:40 am
greenfrog2015 is offline  
Old Sep 16, 16, 12:35 am
  #38  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 316
Originally Posted by druck View Post
That is interesting; another person also reported similar language in his/her confirmation from the Conrad Singapore.

However, I booked the Conrad Istanbul and my confirmation definitely does not contain the text you listed.

Do you reckon I should question the VISA concierge (in writing, of course)? I feel somewhat uneasy proceeding without this assurance.
I got an almost identical message as Gradfly in regards to the free night, but it doesn't show any mention on the Hilton website. The email from Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection had the language - I never got an email directly from Hilton though.
eccentricfusion is offline  
Old Sep 16, 16, 1:48 am
  #39  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Programs: Mileageplus, Aadvantage
Posts: 34
Originally Posted by eccentricfusion View Post
I got an almost identical message as Gradfly in regards to the free night, but it doesn't show any mention on the Hilton website. The email from Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection had the language - I never got an email directly from Hilton though.
Same here, the exact same luggage from VISA, and no direct email from Hilton. But the reservation showed up at the hilton website.

Last edited by zh1xiong; Sep 16, 16 at 12:38 pm
zh1xiong is offline  
Old Sep 16, 16, 3:16 am
  #40  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Singapore
Programs: JL Premier | Marriott Platinum Elite | GE, TSA-Pre
Posts: 6,662
I've contacted the Visa Concierge and it's verified that this offer is only for US issued Credit Cards. Even if the reservation is accepted on the website, the hotel will reserve the right to refuse the complimentary night.

Asia issued cards should go to www.visaluxuryhotels.com instead for current promotions and offers.
lcpteck is offline  
Old Sep 16, 16, 3:30 am
  #41  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: LAS
Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 2,909
Originally Posted by druck View Post
I was going to check availability at some other hotels and when I went to the VISA site, here is the announcement that greeted me:

Due to the unexpected popularity of the Hilton free night offer, hotel inventory subject to this offer booked up much sooner than anticipated and is no longer available. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please note that the $75 USD gift card promotion is still available at Participating Hilton Hotels, see the offer page for more information.
Wait a minute, the hotel inventory at every single participating hotel was exhausted in 2-3 days? Every single one?

Was was the inventory per hotel? Did the promotion initially say there was limited hotel inventory? I thought this was more of a visa promotion than a Hilton promotion anyway.

Or did Visa announce a promotion allowing bookings under this promotion until December 31, sucker a bunch of people into signing up for visa cards, and then cancel the promotion when they realized it might cost them more money than they though?
jphripjah is online now  
Old Sep 16, 16, 5:39 am
  #42  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Posts: 14,741
Originally Posted by dsquared37 View Post
An hour ago I was searching but held off a purchase and now i'm seeing the same.
Why would you hold off? Pretty sure they were refundable rates.
hailstorm is offline  
Old Sep 16, 16, 7:23 am
  #43  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Posts: 402
Originally Posted by jphripjah View Post
Wait a minute, the hotel inventory at every single participating hotel was exhausted in 2-3 days? Every single one?

Was was the inventory per hotel? Did the promotion initially say there was limited hotel inventory? I thought this was more of a visa promotion than a Hilton promotion anyway.
When talking with the VISA CSR, how he worded his response gave me the impression that it was per hotel. He asked for the specific hotel and then checked if the rate was valid. Reading the description of the deal, IIRC the deal was for a limited time but had no firm expiration date.
Gradfly is offline  
Old Sep 16, 16, 8:13 am
  #44  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: LAS
Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 2,909
Originally Posted by Gradfly View Post
When talking with the VISA CSR, how he worded his response gave me the impression that it was per hotel. He asked for the specific hotel and then checked if the rate was valid. Reading the description of the deal, IIRC the deal was for a limited time but had no firm expiration date.
Right, but now a box comes up when you go to the general promo landing page saying all hotel inventory is sold out.
jphripjah is online now  
Old Sep 16, 16, 8:54 am
  #45  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SE Asia
Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Posts: 16,644
Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
Why would you hold off? Pretty sure they were refundable rates.
I was on a connection viewed to be public and not one I desired to input personal information.
dsquared37 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread