Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Santiago - Grand Suite 6000 points + 75 usd

Old Aug 1, 16, 7:44 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold

Grand Hyatt Santiago changed from Category 2 to 3 today.

Points + Cash rates for almost all room types (including Grand Suite) is at the moment 6000 points + 75usd...

Old Aug 1, 16, 8:58 am

This looks interesting but I can't replicate it. Comes up blank for me (no points and not bookable) so they may be in process of sorting it out. What dates?
Old Aug 1, 16, 9:06 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gil123 View Post
This looks interesting but I can't replicate it. Comes up blank for me (no points and not bookable) so they may be in process of sorting it out. What dates?
I booked for June 2017.
I just checked a few dates, and there seem to be few P+C availability for this August, but plenty of dates for Sept, Oct, Nov and beyond.
Old Aug 1, 16, 9:54 am

Nope, still blank and not bookable. At least from US. Looks like you are in Argentina. I even tried changing the language to Spanish (among others) and changing numbers of guests and multiple dates in June, Sept etc. and all come up blank for points and cash booking. Looks like an anomaly from your location.
Old Aug 1, 16, 10:10 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Nope, still blank and not bookable. At least from US. Looks like you are in Argentina. I even tried changing the language to Spanish (among others) and changing numbers of guests and multiple dates in June, Sept etc. and all come up blank for points and cash booking. Looks like an anomaly from your location.
Really strange. I just tried using a USA VPN, on Safari and Chrome, Incognito mode on and then off, logged in and out. Then I tried on the iPhone app. I was able to get this rate every single time. I searched for Sept 7-8.
Old Aug 1, 16, 11:07 am

Works for me in IE now :-). Chrome doesn't. Thanks

Last edited by gil123; Aug 1, 16 at 11:13 am
Old Aug 1, 16, 11:16 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Works for me in IE now :-). Chrome doesn't. Thanks
Great to hear that!
Old Aug 11, 16, 3:40 pm

Programs: TK *Gold; WN A-list; NEXUS; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I just received a letter from Hyatt that says this was a mistake and they're being rebooked into standard rooms. So these are not being honored for suites.
Old Aug 11, 16, 4:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Renard View Post
I just received a letter from Hyatt that says this was a mistake and they're being rebooked into standard rooms. So these are not being honored for suites.
This was the same hotel that tried to back out of a previous deal that was way better than this one. So not surprised they have done this again.
Old Aug 12, 16, 12:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yeah this clearly was no mistake...
Old Aug 12, 16, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CM PP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
This was the same hotel that tried to back out of a previous deal that was way better than this one. So not surprised they have done this again.
Correction: The previous deal was an AMEX FHR mistake. Hyatt saw the full rate in their reservation system and never tried to back out of it. Amex covered the difference for everyone and Hyatt never tried to "back out".

This time it's an error on Hyatt's site, so they reserve the right to fix their own mistakes, but being in the Hotel Deals forum, I'm sure you are well aware of that.
Old Aug 12, 16, 1:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by dr88 View Post
Correction: The previous deal was an AMEX FHR mistake. Hyatt saw the full rate in their reservation system and never tried to back out of it. Amex covered the difference for everyone and Hyatt never tried to "back out".

This time it's an error on Hyatt's site, so they reserve the right to fix their own mistakes, but being in the Hotel Deals forum, I'm sure you are well aware of that.
The Amex FHR deal wasn't the only prior one at this hotel. Even for the Amex FHR deal, was that one not also booked via channels beside Amex FHR? The Amex FHR deal had Amex eating it.
Old Aug 12, 16, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CM PP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
Even for the Amex FHR deal, was that one not also booked via channels beside Amex FHR? The Amex FHR deal had Amex eating it.
It was only booked through FHR. No other channels that I was aware of.

Search this Thread