FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel $40 per night in July (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/1779328-hilton-istanbul-bomonti-hotel-40-per-night-july.html)

travelgeeker Jul 19, 2016 6:35 am

Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel $40 per night in July

Maybe not the best time to visit Istanbul, but if you are going, a Hilton hotel with fantastic reviews are available on some nights in July for $40. Also seen a rate of $46.

https://happyrooms.com/rooms/hilton_...5-49286c6c2ea7

djjaguar64 Jul 19, 2016 7:10 pm

Good Rate no Guests!

nk15 Jul 19, 2016 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64 (Post 26940761)
Good Rate no Guests!

They are all up on the roof waiting for the evacuation chopper...

Adam1222 Jul 19, 2016 8:47 pm

The W in Istanbul is down to $100. There are very few hotels in the city going for more than $150. Dozens of 4 and 5 star properties are in the $40-65 range, including other Hilton family properties, IHG properties, and the Radisson Blus.

MSPeconomist Jul 20, 2016 8:58 pm

If the Hilton is this cheap, I'd try to splurge on the Ciragen (spelling?) Palace or something similar. Good security there too.

jxd Jul 21, 2016 12:38 am

It's a good price, but not a good time to be there right now

A340_600 Jul 21, 2016 12:58 am

Despite Istanbul being down quite a bit at the moment pricewise, this is still a ridiculously low rate and probably an error. I stumpled across it a few days ago by myself as I'm going there in a few days, and apart from agoda, 7ideas and lastmiute, all platforms were showing the regular prices at 150$ and up, while Hilton itself charges about 110 at the moment.
Also available on agoda, 7ideas and lastmiute were the suites for ridiculously low prices, like 90$ for the Executive Suite which is more than 200 everywhere else.

You can't forget that this is their best property in the city. Fantastic price no matter what's going on in Istanbul at the moment. However, before the final step, the prices always jumped up for me :(

GUWonder Jul 21, 2016 9:38 am

Great price to qualify for various Hilton status promos.

IST is a bit too hot for my liking at this time of year, but at this price the opportunity will work out better than it would otherwise be.

Thanks to the OP for sharing a great deal.

tuncaysu Jul 22, 2016 5:44 am

Hey, how do you get this rate? The minimum I see on the posted link is $124.

SK AAR Jul 22, 2016 6:55 am

It was not bookable (I found several days in Sept with availability but was unable to complete the booking) as most likely it was an errror/mistake rate. The correct rates a showed now.

IAN-UK Jul 22, 2016 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 26952453)
It was not bookable (I found several days in Sept with availability but was unable to complete the booking) as most likely it was an errror/mistake rate. The correct rates a showed now.

It certainly was available, and bookable.

But don't despair - according to Adam1222 there are many smart hotels at, or around, the rate exhibited by our OP.

You might want to PM him to ask how to find them :D

Originally Posted by Adam1222 (Post 26941036)
The W in Istanbul is down to $100. There are very few hotels in the city going for more than $150. Dozens of 4 and 5 star properties are in the $40-65 range, including other Hilton family properties, IHG properties, and the Radisson Blus.

MileageAddict Jul 22, 2016 1:45 pm

Stay on topic

Thread has now been Sanitized™ Moving forward, please stay on topic.

MileageAddict

Adam1222 Jul 22, 2016 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 26954198)
It certainly was available, and bookable.

But don't despair - according to Adam1222 there are many smart hotels at, or around, the rate exhibited by our OP.

You might want to PM him to ask how to find them :D

Absolutely. Always willing to help individuals with questions.

TrojanHorse Jul 22, 2016 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by travelgeeker (Post 26937392)
Maybe not the best time to visit Istanbul

@:-)

Enigma368 Sep 2, 2016 11:54 pm

I stayed here at end of May for about $65 a night (booked in hilton sale a few months before).

Hotel is amazing, location is not perfect but still pretty central and the lounge is one of the best I've been in. Amazing views,alcohol all day,afternoon snacks, and a huge selection of hot and cold food and various desserts in the evening.

I was not pre upgraded to a suite as a diamond but a gentle query at check as to whether a suite was available led to an immediate upgrade to a two bathroom, two room suite. Staff were excellent.

Really can't rate this hotel highly enough. We felt perfectly safe in Istanbul in May and there were no queues for any of the major sites which apparently is normally an issue. Of course things have gotten worse since but I would probably still be happy to go but would take more care in doing so.